Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Annointed posted:

Does anyone have a Guide on how to Win with Toastie? I consistently have trouble figuring out how to survive to level 100. I try to spam usage of Song of Mana and Laurel but I don't seem to have much luck getting to level 100 before I get swarmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEi30IdmgWQ

It's for the previous build with busted cat so the whole reaper kill angle might not be so great any more.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Get the xp-boosting item (crown?)

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
ironically the big thing holding back soul eater from being good is the fact that it knocks back enemies.

with the healing arcana and a build focused around powering up soul eater it deals very high base damage, but in the later parts of a run enemies get thrown out of it before they can take additional damage.

i've been hoping for an arcana that reverses the knockback and super charges it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
lol there's a mod that adds a shitzillion new characters, one of them is frosty the snowman who gets 100% aoe and up to +3 amount, but has 1/3rd max hp and gains 10% curse per level. Literally could not escape the green reaper in bonezone. Also adds some new weapons and stuff too.

edit:
https://i.imgur.com/mXfWWWp.mp4

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 30, 2022

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I keep forgetting to try that mod. It's the NG+ one right?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah it's NG+.

NG+ : https://www.nexusmods.com/vampiresurvivors/mods/3?tab=description
Character Pack: https://www.nexusmods.com/vampiresurvivors/mods/11?tab=description

Install the Character pack mod first before NG+. Just drag the pack mod files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Vampire Survivors\resources\app\.webpack\renderer (or your equivalent steam folder directory), then drop the NG+ installer into that folder as well and run it, job done.

edit: Character pack mod creator just released a new map mod, looks like an unending Library with custom waves, if you want to try it out in addition to characters and NG+ just follow the same steps but with this file instead: https://www.nexusmods.com/vampiresurvivors/mods/23?tab=files&file_id=93

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 30, 2022

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

It's for the previous build with busted cat so the whole reaper kill angle might not be so great any more.

Thanks. Was able to get it right on the 10th attempt. I would try to do this on Bone zone or Dairy Plant, but I don't think I'm masochistic enough for that.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

dis astranagant posted:

Is there an unlock behind getting to 100 with toastie?

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

tithin posted:

Is there an unlock behind getting to 100 with toastie?

Every 10 levels up to 50 gives you an additional +20% luck. Hitting level 100 with toastie gives you +9998 max HP, meaning you are effectively invulnerable to regular enemies and hitting level 200 with toastie will give you +65520 armor which allows you to survive the reaper.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've just done 10+ attempts to try and unlock Toastie on Dairy plant and can't get any green reapers to spawn there anymore. Whats the method to unlock it via savegame editing?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

FrickenMoron posted:

I've just done 10+ attempts to try and unlock Toastie on Dairy plant and can't get any green reapers to spawn there anymore. Whats the method to unlock it via savegame editing?

Follow the steps on the wiki for unlocking MissingNo: https://vampire-survivors.fandom.com/wiki/MissingN%E2%96%AF

But instead of "FINO", type "PANINI".

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Olesh posted:

Every 10 levels up to 50 gives you an additional +20% luck. Hitting level 100 with toastie gives you +9998 max HP, meaning you are effectively invulnerable to regular enemies and hitting level 200 with toastie will give you +65520 armor which allows you to survive the reaper.

Important to note that Toastie only gains max HP at level 100, not the actual health, so you gotta find a way to fill up before you start shrugging things off.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

Cheating is for losers.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

serefin99 posted:

Follow the steps on the wiki for unlocking MissingNo: https://vampire-survivors.fandom.com/wiki/MissingN%E2%96%AF

But instead of "FINO", type "PANINI".

This reminded me to unlock Missingno, but when I try it, I click on "restore backup" and then "confirm" in the options menu and nothing happens. It won't confirm. Does this mean I hosed something up in the file?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Breadallelogram posted:

This reminded me to unlock Missingno, but when I try it, I click on "restore backup" and then "confirm" in the options menu and nothing happens. It won't confirm. Does this mean I hosed something up in the file?

It's a common problem, IME. Try loading into a run and then quitting out first, that usually gets it working.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

It's a common problem, IME. Try loading into a run and then quitting out first, that usually gets it working.

That allows me to restore the backup but loading a run seems to delete "FINO" from my LastRunBackup.sav, defeating the purpose. Is anyone else able to unlock characters via save editing on version 0.5.107? Maybe it's been patched out intentionally.

edit: Got it to work using this video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0GRIap5XE
I may have had the checksum wrong before?

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 30, 2022

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
That's it, that's all the Cheevos. Guess I'm done with this game until the next content patch.

See you all what, tomorrow?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

That's it, that's all the Cheevos. Guess I'm done with this game until the next content patch.

See you all what, tomorrow?

Next weekend, I think. Pretty sure we switched from weekly to biweekly updates recently.

Not a schedule but here's the roadmap from here to 1.0

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just unlocked Poppea. On Hyper Forest, hit 20 minutes with fully evolved starting weapon, Bible, runetracer, wand, lightning ring, and scythes. I got called out of the room and haven't checked back yet, but I let it run. Nothing was even approaching the middle third of my screen. I'm probably going to check back and see a level up and cuss myself for not considering I would level up again

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why would you stop leveling

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

why would you stop leveling

I was told it was time to play lego star wars and my response was "gently caress yeah it is lmao"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

IIRC Enemy hp scales with level, so keeping a relatively low level keeps the enemy's HP from ballooning to high levels. I felt this during games like in Dairy Plant and Bone Zone where the giants where too beefy for me to repel.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
99% sure what cluckmeme was talking about was the chicken/gold bag choice when you've fully upgraded everything, on account of it pauses the game

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Annointed posted:

IIRC Enemy hp scales with level, so keeping a relatively low level keeps the enemy's HP from ballooning to high levels. I felt this during games like in Dairy Plant and Bone Zone where the giants where too beefy for me to repel.

This is how you killed Death with Clerici. You seal yourself in the library behind a table with a Runetracer (keep restarting until you get Runetracer).

Don't collect any gems by removing the magnet power up.

Since Death's HP is 655,350 X player level, you don't move out until after Death spawns in, locking his HP in .

Pick up a nearby red gem (which needs to be within grabbing distance) and level enough non-evo weapons and utilities (freeze/shield) to kill 1.310.700 HP within a minute. Because the next Death that will spawn will be vastly more HP.

Unless they changed this. I unlocked Red Death a couple months back.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

EVIL Gibson posted:

This is how you killed Death with Clerici. You seal yourself in the library behind a table with a Runetracer (keep restarting until you get Runetracer).

Don't collect any gems by removing the magnet power up.

Since Death's HP is 655,350 X player level, you don't move out until after Death spawns in, locking his HP in .

Pick up a nearby red gem (which needs to be within grabbing distance) and level enough non-evo weapons and utilities (freeze/shield) to kill 1.310.700 HP within a minute. Because the next Death that will spawn will be vastly more HP.

Unless they changed this. I unlocked Red Death a couple months back.

So far this had worked for me a few days ago. I didn't want to try again because waiting 30+ minutes for both rng of player position and reaper placement rng is tedious. On the bright side Reaper is pretty fun to work with zipping around. Though to be honest I kind of hoped they were as strong as Leda. Leda just straight up is a top tier character from the get go with their enormous 125% might with all upgrades + everything else.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just left to play lego star wars with my dad for a bit. I came back to a chest from the 25 minute boss who touched me

I played a couple more rounds and unlocked the cats. I am excited and terrified

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
You don't need to kill Death in under a minute, juggling 3 or 4 of them isn't very difficult with Clock Lancet and Laurel. Even 6 or more is possible, and actually required to reach 21 minutes in il Molise for the massive wave of money jars.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I just a run on the stairs with max duration and managed to get to about 33:15 on one try, it seems like it should be pretty easy to juggle deaths. I wasn't expecting blue death immediately and also the non stop rain of comets in the post-game.

What are some of the longest 30+ games people have managed so far?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Swilo posted:

You don't need to kill Death in under a minute, juggling 3 or 4 of them isn't very difficult with Clock Lancet and Laurel. Even 6 or more is possible, and actually required to reach 21 minutes in il Molise for the massive wave of money jars.

I am saying the first death is super weak.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is it possible to run past Leda in Gallo Tower? I've been walking down the complete darkness with the creepy music for 10+ mins now and no sign of Leda showing up.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Is it possible to run past Leda in Gallo Tower? I've been walking down the complete darkness with the creepy music for 10+ mins now and no sign of Leda showing up.

Yes. Unlike other bosses Leda doesn't teleport to you when it goes offscreen.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Welp that's what happened then. With the sheer spam of projectiles and numbers I didn't see Leda

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Note tha it's a really hefty hike. If the screen hasn't gone dark enough to obscure almost everything around you then you've still got more to go.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
you can also check the glowing red runes floating outside.

eventually they'll go completely black, but when you're near Leda they'll come back but in english

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FrickenMoron posted:

Yes, I did that the first time I tried to unlock him. He appears around the middle of the screen, and is pretty big, but it's very possible to just march on past and not notice, especially since it's impossible to see anything by the time you get to him :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Finally got a mortaccio bone zone with all the boxes

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

FrickenMoron posted:

Welp that's what happened then. With the sheer spam of projectiles and numbers I didn't see Leda

Happened to me the first time. The big clue isn't the darkness, it's the music changing. So eventually I turned down the sound effects, turned up the music, and ran down full speed until the music changed. Then I kept going down but more slowly and eventually ran into him. Funny thing was I thought I missed him again, paused the game to check online, went back in and he was literally 1 inch below me.

Leda is interesting because he's just a little further down than you think he'll be, hits just a little harder than you think he would, and takes just a bit longer than you think it should take to kill.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Trying to get the Toastie strategy off the ground for the library but I just keep dying constantly and lose all my revives pretty early. A bit annoying.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I got to the 30 min mark at level 204 but didnt have the damage output to kill a single reaper in 100 mins. Was missing vandalier really what I needed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The dev nerfed cat damage scaling with floor chickens eaten so it takes a lot longer to get the kill now. The new idea seems to be taking scythe or hellfire with the appropriate arcana to supplement your dps as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej9UOAXQ8wg