Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is so much more reasonable and coherent a goal than Putin's fuckling about in Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

canyoneer posted:

planning a living room addition I guess

I want you to know I blew right past this the first time I read it, but its quite good.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If I give in to my lust for cheap midwestern housing and buy a wreck of a church, I'll tribal tat the replacement windows when I sell the stained glass on ebay to an overzealous catholic.

Planning to start a restaurant and not take out the garbage for an extra special long time?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

This is so much more reasonable and coherent a goal than Putin's fuckling about in Ukraine.

The way it goes makes it thread-relevant:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cat Hatter posted:

Planning to start a restaurant and not take out the garbage for an extra special long time?

First Church of Our Lady of Apathy Bar & Grill

My compost pile will be epic.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Danhenge posted:

:siren: Structural pallet confirmed :siren:

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

First Church of Our Lady of Apathy Bar & Grill

My compost pile will be epic.

The Alice's Restaurant Massacre A Thanksgiving tradition!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The way it goes makes it thread-relevant:

Devious U+202E insertion.

‮I hope this doesn’t break the forums. 😈

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Not only does that look like structural pallet, it looks like structural pallet deck extension! Very rare in the wild.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

I still listen to this every thanksgiving before going to eat dinner.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hate that song. My church hymnal will be full of Drive-by Trucker songs, like the longest live version of 18 Wheels of Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8zRjl2uLU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I'm looking to replace some windows in my house so of course Instagram has me covered.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

sporklift posted:

I'm looking to replace some windows in my house so of course Instagram has me covered.

I'd buy it at a bar/buffet style thing between the kitchen and the deck/patio. Not at the sink, tho.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arrath posted:

I'd buy it at a bar/buffet style thing between the kitchen and the deck/patio. Not at the sink, tho.

That is hideously ugly no matter what, and not for a main kitchen. I fit were like a poolhouse wetbar maybe. I'm not putting a garage door in my kitchen, because then someone might think I would put a barn door anywhere in my house.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

H110Hawk posted:

That is hideously ugly no matter what, and not for a main kitchen. I fit were like a poolhouse wetbar maybe. I'm not putting a garage door in my kitchen, because then someone might think I would put a barn door anywhere in my house.

Also. large, cumbersome, heavy, loud. Hundred or so pounds of glass and steel hanging over my head while I do dishes. And I don't know about y'all but if I didn't have screens on my windows I would be infested with all sorts of annoying flying insects.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

barn doors and other farmhouse stuff exists so people can't pretend they are working hard on a real farmhouse, constant sweat on the brow, tan as can be, face weathered by dust

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Blame Joanna Gaines.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

actionjackson posted:

barn doors and other farmhouse stuff exists so people can't pretend they are working hard on a real farmhouse, constant sweat on the brow, tan as can be, face weathered by dust

It's an affectation that cargo cult's converted industrial spaces and, by extension, the kind of people who tend to live in converted industrial spaces. It's a bunch of suburbanites thinking that a fake garage door in their kitchen gives them a bohemian charm.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's an affectation that cargo cult's converted industrial spaces and, by extension, the kind of people who tend to live in converted industrial spaces. It's a bunch of suburbanites thinking that a fake garage door in their kitchen gives them a bohemian charm.

not that there's anything wrong per se with living in a converted loft or w/e, we have a lot of that in downtown Minneapolis, specifically the warehouse district - mainly places that were involved in the flour production industry

relevant https://hyperallergic.com/566183/how-normie-minimalism-and-farmhouse-chic-took-over-contemporary-design/

oh god don't even get me started on the whole raw plywood thing

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Seems like it’d be hard to keep insulated. Summer time In Dallas, will be fun.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

gently caress yeah, backyard drive through window

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Just what I need: garage door tracks & bracket in my kitchen, dropping grease & silicone wheel chunks in my food.

mmm mmm good!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lol what idiot cooks in their kitchen. Sucker.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
it's for the cows, duh

https://youtu.be/YW4RqGhmaXg

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

What the hell else you gonna do with that left-over VPF except trim your countertop & cabinet returns with it

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Indiana Jones has to walk across that countertop to save his dad.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my friend called that optical delusion lol

still not sure where the nearest countertop ends

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

actionjackson posted:

... where the nearest countertop ends

If Shel Silverstein wrote a cookbook.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I like the MC Escher kitchen look

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A lot of people invoke Escher for optical stuff that strictly speaking wouldn't have been his ballpark but hot drat that is spot on.

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

This is the antithesis to the kitchen garage door, and is behind the urban industrial and farmhouse look. Suburbanites are unconsciously exhausted by their greige lifestyles and uninspired surface materials blending together into a badly rendered hellscape. They lust for natural material, irregular surfaces and visual interest, they just don’t know anything about those things, so boom, shiplap accent wall in your all-white living room full of big-box furniture and the same prints and throw pillows as all your neighbours.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
No Live, Laugh,Love in the kitchen? For shame!!!!

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

This picture makes my brain hurt...

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

MC Escher was a visionary

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
What's the deal with those outlets

edit nm: the blurriness and silver backplate were throwing me off

koshmar fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 4, 2022

Jows
May 8, 2002

English switched outlets?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it looks to me like it's just a funny photo angle, in the bottom right i think you can see that the floor is a similar color but a different pattern

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They just wanted it Aussie style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.