Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tricky posted:

Look nearby for a glowing mirror and go into it.

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I called cats + gold mask except they went for a lame eyeball instead of cool maneki-neko

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The eyes are pretty cool still tbh, but I was hoping for maneki-neko as well. Also opened up to go for the new character again and uh

guess I can't ever play the game again

edit: uh, I think evo Cats actually eats floor gems? I only barely made it to level 50 from 47 after a full 15 minutes when I evo'd them. I was kinda set at that point but it seems kinda crippling if you beeline it for your first evo.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 7, 2022

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Evil Kit posted:

edit: uh, I think evo Cats actually eats floor gems? I only barely made it to level 50 from 47 after a full 15 minutes when I evo'd them. I was kinda set at that point but it seems kinda crippling if you beeline it for your first evo.

Yes, definitely seems like less exp with it, I just ended a castle w/ 135k kills and was only level 77, did have 12k gold though

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 7, 2022

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I ended my first run with the cat evo with over 120k.

It definitely did eat a lot of XP, but that is an absurd amount of money. I do have every metaprogression upgrade maxed out, though

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Since the addition of cat evo/gold rush, there's sure a lot of gold in everyone's account.

Why not use that gold in a gold powered weapon. There are weapons out there in shooters, but using the theme the dev decides Dante's Dr. Faust from DMC5

The weapon in DMC5 is a risk/ reward weapon where you burn your in game currency to make your enemies leak currency. The better you do doing damage with it, the more currency you get.

It also lets you put the hat on any enemy. Want to put the hat on a demon bee? Done. What about a 20 foot tall demon? Yep. What about your lovely brother? Especially and definitely yes.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
edit: mb

So new character's weapon is okay, it's kind of neat in how it's targeted but overall the damage isn't great.

Her trait of 1% area per level though is kind of insane. By level 100 and with candle lv5 everything is just massive. Standing in the middle of La borra and Evo'd garlic and I don't think anything got within 3 character lengths of me in the last 10 minutes of the round.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 7, 2022

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please specify if you are posting from the future

thanks not in advance

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Steelion posted:

I ended my first run with the cat evo with over 120k.

It definitely did eat a lot of XP, but that is an absurd amount of money. I do have every metaprogression upgrade maxed out, though

I unfortunately got it as my first upgrade, so it hosed me because I was stuck at level 40. I really can't see every upgrading this again unless it's the very end of the run or there's some gimmick gold-farming strat.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yeah the XP loss and low damage means I'll probably never upgrade the cats again, money hasn't been an issue for several patches.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Steelion posted:

Yeah the XP loss and low damage means I'll probably never upgrade the cats again, money hasn't been an issue for several patches.

Which, itself, is kind of an issue. I really hope a new gold sink is added soon.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Steelion posted:

It's really not an issue once you can proc GOLD RUSH.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mierenneuker posted:

I assume since Curse ups the spawn-rate you can also earn more XP because you get to kill more creatures.

You can also consider saving an attractorb pick-up until the 29:30 mark. That might be tricky if your item build is not good enough yet to stay in one place. I think it will pretty much guarantee you hitting level 100 if you can pull it off tho.

Just did this by accident and good lord, yeah lol. I had already broken 100 anyway and was on a busted run, but yeah that's a lot of XP.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Begemot posted:

No, achievements and unlocks always trigger on the death screen. You don't get anything if you quit out.

you get regular achievements if you quit out from the ingame menu

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
hosed up something in the death kill with leda and only got it once there were 4 deaths on screen. Maybe the first one got pushed too far in the wall and I wasn't hitting it. Got it in the end though so thats all that matters

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

goferchan posted:

No, I'm missing a bunch of meta upgrades still, thank you! I was saving up for Projectile before getting anything more because it seems like the cost scaling makes it good to buy expensive ones first. Just got it though so I'll shoot for growth next
https://benediktwerner.github.io/vampire-survivors-power-up-calculator/

Invaluable for maximising your bang for your buck while you're still buying permanents

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Not sure if it bugged out, or I had another interaction that prevented it, or what, but I tried out evolved cats on Hyper Library and definitely didn't experience the gold gain everyone else is reporting. I evolved them pretty early, had maxed out luck and stone mask, and at 30 minutes I had a little over 6k gold when normally I'd probably clear with 5k or so. I definitely noticed my XP getting "eaten" or whatever though, I was very low level at the end.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Is this just with the evolved cat? It was like a clover leaf with a yellow border

0.5.2 is out btw

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jusupov posted:

Is this just with the evolved cat? It was like a clover leaf with a yellow border

0.5.2 is out btw
Nah it's a new drop. There's also a new card for it

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't believe I only paid $3 for this game.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The new weapons evolve sounds amazing

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

withak posted:

I can't believe I only paid $3 for this game.

feel like this baby's going to hit terraria levels of value if it hasn't already

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I really hope they raise the price to $5 when it hits 1.0, it's worth it :v:

The new weapon is super fun, I think they finally figured out how to incentivize moving around at high levels instead of just planting yourself and letting the XP crystals build up. And infinite scaling area is really fun as well, you can get GIANT la borra puddles all the time.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I hope the new engine makes an iOS port possible. I would absolutely buy it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My book circle is so big part of it is outside the screen rendering it completely useless lol

e: I just died of big books

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

goferchan posted:

Not sure if it bugged out, or I had another interaction that prevented it, or what, but I tried out evolved cats on Hyper Library and definitely didn't experience the gold gain everyone else is reporting. I evolved them pretty early, had maxed out luck and stone mask, and at 30 minutes I had a little over 6k gold when normally I'd probably clear with 5k or so. I definitely noticed my XP getting "eaten" or whatever though, I was very low level at the end.

I got 20k from a single gold fever near the end and well into 6 figures total on my first run trying out evolved drill and evolved cats on my first run with the new character. had both wands and axe evolved + clock lancet since I wanted to go for 31 minutes but hosed it up. used awake (and killed off all my revives + 2x tiragisu early), the fire wand explosion arcana and the fire wand bounce arcana.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Splicer posted:

e: I just died of big books

what the fu...oh it says books

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hwurmp posted:

what the fu...oh it says books
Yeah the other's more of a life goal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

I got 20k from a single gold fever near the end and well into 6 figures total on my first run trying out evolved drill and evolved cats on my first run with the new character. had both wands and axe evolved + clock lancet since I wanted to go for 31 minutes but hosed it up. used awake (and killed off all my revives + 2x tiragisu early), the fire wand explosion arcana and the fire wand bounce arcana.

Is Lancet the trick for 31 minutes? I had it on a run this morning and made it to 30:21 in Hurry Hyper mode, makes sense you can just get lucky and freeze the ghost a few more times. I guess you would want to avoid Hyper mode and curses so it doesn't get the move speed boost too?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Begemot posted:

I really hope they raise the price to $5 when it hits 1.0, it's worth it :v:

The new weapon is super fun, I think they finally figured out how to incentivize moving around at high levels instead of just planting yourself and letting the XP crystals build up. And infinite scaling area is really fun as well, you can get GIANT la borra puddles all the time.
I like how you can sprint and then turn for an street sweeper or run full tilt at a guy and stop for a massive single target laser barrage.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

goferchan posted:

Is Lancet the trick for 31 minutes? I had it on a run this morning and made it to 30:21 in Hurry Hyper mode, makes sense you can just get lucky and freeze the ghost a few more times. I guess you would want to avoid Hyper mode and curses so it doesn't get the move speed boost too?
Yeah lancet + extra lives let you survive past 30 for quite a while.

Actually I think the very first time I made it to 30 I had both (because I was so new to the game I didn't know they were considered "bad") and was very confused about what was going on.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

goferchan posted:

Yep, Lancet and good timing will get you to 31. If you run into trouble come back and read this for easymode: Laurel + lancet + a couple of revives will get you 31 minutes super trivially and adding cooldown and duration will only make it easier.

Anyway I hear you guys like cats:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

goferchan posted:

I used Lancet and Laurel both, on top of the character that gains +1% duration every level. Ended lasting almost an extra 10 minutes.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

serefin99 posted:

I used Lancet and Laurel both, on top of the character that gains +1% duration every level. Ended lasting almost an extra 10 minutes.

Yeah I just did that and got it to 34:45 but five reapers is a lot to juggle.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
drat the evolved cats, I just barely reached lvl 100 with Imelda (bonus xp lady) on hyper library. That's absurd.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Man there a lot of VS clones out there already, which is hilarious considering VS is a clone too. A good clone, but a clone nonetheless. Must suck to be the person who made Magic Survival :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

nightwisher posted:

Man there a lot of VS clones out there already, which is hilarious considering VS is a clone too. A good clone, but a clone nonetheless. Must suck to be the person who made Magic Survival :v:
Don they have gems

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
On the other hand Magic Survival makes you watch ads when you die/revive/end a game unless you buy an option to get rid of that (which I would have bought if I'd decided to play it multiple times in a single sitting). And is a lot grindier.

I just feel like VS is so much more refined than MS in terms of QoL.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Is there a faster way to find a gilded clover? Multiple runs and no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

On the other hand Magic Survival makes you watch ads when you die/revive/end a game unless you buy an option to get rid of that (which I would have bought if I'd decided to play it multiple times in a single sitting). And is a lot grindier.

I just feel like VS is so much more refined than MS in terms of QoL.

Vs isn't a clone, not really, it's just the same genre of game.