Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koTVfm31QUY
mustafa ali do pluto nash next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is... is this what they finally brought him back for?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One of the writers wanted to slap something on their CV for an SNL job

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

edogawa rando posted:

Is... is this what they finally brought him back for?

i bring it up because it's really the encapsulation of 'what wwe does with people for the sin of asking for their release' but if nobody's actually seen it since it happened:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/wwe-raw-preview-says-revival-back-shaving-could-be-first-many-humiliations

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Fightful Select has learned some additional plans and notes on tonight's WrestleMania Backlash. You can also discuss the event with our Fightful Select community below.

This article will constantly be updated throughout the night with exclusive news

The matches are listed internally as this order. However we can't confirm it's the order the matches will air:

- Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes

- Bobby Lashley vs. Omos. MVP is set to accompany Omos

- AJ Styles vs. Edge

- Smackdown Women's Title Match: Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair I Quit Match

- Madcap Moss vs. Happy Corbin

- Six Man Tag Match: RKBro & Drew McIntyre vs. The Bloodline

Backstage notes

- It's worth noting that as with any wrestling show, these are subject to change. This was as of three hours before showtime, and PPVs often see changes to lineups and get additions.

- Internally, there aren't additional matches or kickoff matches listed, though we can't confirm that none will be added.

- As of this afternoon there was still not a finish decided for a couple of the big matches on the card.

- Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins and the Six-Man tag were scheduled to get the most time, with Omos vs. Lashley and Moss vs. Corbin scheduled for the least. The other two matches were set to fall in the middle as of this afternoon.

- There were no plans as of Saturday to change the six-man tag into Winner Take All

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

there's only one title match?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

a.lo posted:

there's only one title match?

To be fair none of the titles matter

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

What about the other women's title(s)? I saw something floating around how it's been like a year since the IC title has been on PPV (insider term) and 9 months for the US title.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bummed I gotta wait for Becky Asuka but Cody/Seth will be good and the six man tag will be great. Ronda/Charlotte will be funny, don’t care about the rest.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Wrestlemania Backlash!!!!!!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Charlotte's nickname is "The Opportunity"?

I'm more surprised her right boob is named "CapitalOne"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
more like Wrestlemania Craplash!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm sure the six man tag will be good because those are all good wrestlers, but the fact there are no stakes attached to it means it should've been on TV and not main eventing a PPV. Or PREMIUM LIVE EVENT

Seems like Seth and Cody will be the only match worth watching.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Backlash has always been a filler PPV

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is reigns not wrestling more due to a nagging injury or does he believe that there is no one left to defend against since he is the dominant tribal chief?

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Maybe nowadays, but Backlash 2000 is legitimately one of the best WWF PPVs of all time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

“I’m not good enough to call BACKLASH?!?”

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they should call it wrestlemania summerslam

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Destroy My Sweater posted:

What about the other women's title(s)? I saw something floating around how it's been like a year since the IC title has been on PPV (insider term) and 9 months for the US title.

They pushed Bianca's defense forward to sell more tickets for the Knoxville RAW a couple of weeks ago. Because originally I guess they were planning on running it at Backlash, but...yeah. Also I feel like they only have one women's match on the card because they want Charlotte/Ronda to not get completely overshadowed again. Which any women's match on the RAW side would do very easily.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Lyons/Legend III should main.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Backlash 2001 had Raven vs Rhyno, as well as the Duchess of Queensbury rules match. So it's better than any premium live event ever.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kevino07 posted:

Maybe nowadays, but Backlash 2000 is legitimately one of the best WWF PPVs of all time

I still think about that Malenko/S2H match sometimes, god it was good

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Kevino07 posted:

My first thought was "wow, that was 20 years ago"

Then I checked the date :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So is Seth beating Cody tonight to get the ball rolling on his 50/50 booking or what

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I'm more surprised her right boob is named "CapitalOne"

Uh… it’s Credit One Bank, the official and only ultimate WWE card that you will totally pull out with pride to pay for dinner.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

poemdexter posted:

Uh… it’s Credit One Bank, the official and only ultimate WWE card that you will totally pull out with pride to pay for dinner.

*Zooms in*

:thunk:

*zooms in more*

:monocle:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have Peacock free for the month and I have zero interest in this PPV...

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
GDT
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001552

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Kevino07 posted:

it really did feel like that year's wrestlemania

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Astro7x posted:

I have Peacock free for the month and I have zero interest in this PPV...

Have it on as white noise

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kevino07 posted:

it's amazing that Austin made his huge return and – unless I'm mistaken – didn't hit a single stunner. (Instead he just chaired all the McMahon goons.) Quite the balls to draw that out.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Congrats to Rhea Ripley for joining Edge's big dumb spooky stable.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

better'n another tag team, I guess?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

better'n another tag team, I guess?

I would not be shocked if Edge's stable is holding all the singles gold on RAW into Wrestlemania at this point. Which would suck since this stable is bad.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I *would* be shocked, though; Vince and stables and all.

Why would he destroy the Hurt Business but go all in on Edge's ohhhhhhh I know

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Seams posted:

more like Wrestlemania Craplash!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edit:wrong thread

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He's joining Edge's stable

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roman is switching his primary show to nxt to show those new blood how to really work

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

............................dude Charlotte/Ronda was real good

e: like clubhouse leader for WWE MOTY good

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
goth rhea ripley