Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Vim Fuego posted:

the single nms was vastly insufficient warning for the horrors within that spoiler tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Zopotantor posted:

Just wait until you learn about their laws.

Tree law is fun because it tends to be gently caress around and find out. How loving expensive trees are to replace.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm guessing you guys don't have an equivalent to the German saying may lightning strike you while making GBS threads

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Guess I'm not going back to bed tonight. :gonk:

Beto Rocha
Jan 2, 2010
Jaboticabas are delicious, I grew up climbing the jaboticabeiras to eat them.
Never realized how weird they look.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

the single nms was vastly insufficient warning for the horrors within that spoiler tag

Crappy Construction: The single nms was vastly insufficient warning for the horrors within

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Seconded.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
I was directed here by the OSHA thread because I are dumb.

Not sure where to post this but my landlord's new tenant in the garage apartment behind our house did this and I think it's a fire hazard. Am I overreacting? That's an incandescent bulb with basically no clearance to the wooden structure being left on all the time. He installed the light fixture himself too.

I tried to speak to him about it and he told me to gently caress off.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Vanagoon posted:

Not sure where to post this but my landlord's new tenant in the garage apartment behind our house did this and I think it's a fire hazard. Am I overreacting? That's an incandescent bulb with basically no clearance to the wooden structure being left on all the time. He installed the light fixture himself too.

Yes

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MH Knights posted:

Crappy Construction: The single nms was vastly insufficient warning for the horrors within

Cuts off at the "w" for "within". I was thinking the same thing. :v:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

H110Hawk posted:

Cuts off at the "w" for "within". I was thinking the same thing. :v:

The single NMS was vastly insufficient for the horrors within

Would that fit?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Vanagoon posted:

Yeah, just tell the landlord, who has the greatest reason not to want to see the property burn down.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Zil posted:

The single NMS was vastly insufficient for the horrors within

Would that fit?

Or just drop “vastly” and it fits fine

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

You know, I heard blood straight from a freshly butchered cow tastes like liquid steak. I wonder how dog berries taste. Probably good enough to eat more than one.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

At least the other goon put his post behind spoilers, gross.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m going to get a planter like this and grow something like Gaultheria trichophylla in it. 😈

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

value-brand cereal posted:

You know, I heard blood straight from a freshly butchered cow tastes like liquid steak. I wonder how dog berries taste. Probably good enough to eat more than one.

Blood tastes pretty similar to egg yolk. Do with this information what you will.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://m.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-vic-crossover-700188179

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This has now started a discussion in my friends group chat on the practicality of turning this into a commune.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Is that a bathtub full of swamp-water half buried in the yard?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Module IE95- Realm of the Warragul
My elf got cought and tortured in the hidden bedroom! and the peasants refuse to pay damages!

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 9, 2022

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
dog berries made me throw up irl :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

At least now you know not to eat them I suppose?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Please stop mentioning them.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Please stop mentioning them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
🐕🫐

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

new version of notched joists just dropped

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Not only notched, but hammered over.

The noise must have been akin to the loving world ending. Jesus Christ.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Jeherrin posted:

Not only notched, but hammered over.

The noise must have been akin to the loving world ending. Jesus Christ.

Safety feature, you don't want those cables snagging on a sharp edge.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Is that a steel beam that is notched out? Or is it just the photo angle making it look like something besides wood?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Senor Tron posted:

This has now started a discussion in my friends group chat on the practicality of turning this into a commune.

Settle the argument up front over who gets to live in the church, mouth-door sex dungeon, and toadstool house.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Steel, with as they said above flange removed, and the web cut into and hammered down.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

So say you find that in your house/building, how quickly should you be looking for a hotel room and lawyer? In no particular order.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

:raise:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

:females: can't resist the 1337 cable run

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

So say you find that in your house/building, how quickly should you be looking for a hotel room and lawyer? In no particular order.

That beam is hopelessly compromised, but the impact on the building it's a part of is impossible to know without more information. It might just reduce the safety factor in that part of the building, or it might be a "this could fall down at any time" kind of thing. I believe the correct course of action here is to call the city planning and building department to report an unsafe construction. They'll send out an inspector, who can make a proper assessment. That may well include saying "okay, everyone get out of the building, it's unsafe for habitation until this is fixed". I believe that in most places, the owners of the building would be responsible for providing / paying for alternate habitation, though probably the specifics depend on location.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
At least being metal, it can be welded and *probably* be fine without replacement of the entire thing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just clicked last post to see if people have opinions on floor outlets near an indoor hot tub that's near the kitchen area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Honestly more worried about the humidity levels in that room than the floor outlets.