Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxfj4lQ4s3_0mTqsIdwbWvf4jGh0Vz4Urw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks cool but good god that looks like a boring build, like the Colosseum.

EDIT: Here's the product page btw Releases on August 1st

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 10, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At least it'll be a fast build, right? How long could it possibly take to click 100 45 degree slopes together?

The interior is neat but doesn't look super complex either.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
That looks fantastic, love what they've done with the openable interior. Probably gonna get 2 so I can make a complete pyramid.

e: the Brickset review is up: https://brickset.com/article/74801/review-21058-the-great-pyramid-of-giza
actually looks like a surprisingly involved build, considering the exterior.

These big historical architecture sets have been my favorites Lego's ever made; Taj Mahal last year is absolutely phenomenal, and where even if I love it at first a lot of the other Lego I have displayed fades into the background after a while, it still routinely catches my eye. There's a rumor that this pyramid is part of a series of 'monuments of the world,' either following the ancient 7 Wonders or something like that, and I really hope that bears out and we end up getting annual releases of stuff like this. Historical buildings are such a match for Lego, I'm surprised there've been so few of them really.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 10, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Brickset has a review up

Looks cool but I don't think I'm interested

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
When i was little we had this big plastic chest with all the lego in and i would pull out whatever 4x2 and 6x2 bricks I could and build step pyramids.

Kinda tempted with this one, although maybe i should download the instructions and bricklink all the pieces in clashing random colours if i really want to indulge my nostalgia. That would probably be v. Expensive though lol.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The only reason I don’t own the Colosseum is that I simply don’t have space for it. I did have space for the Titanic but that’s besides the point!

The legacy of the ancient word will always fascinate me beyond measure. I’ll be finding space for this one for sure, it seems to be smaller and cheaper than the Colosseum.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Call me when we get Diogenes' barrel.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

ASAPI posted:

What kind of cabinet are you using? The wife and I are running out of cat proof shelf space.

I literally went to a thrift store that has a delivery service and picked one out that looked good and fit in the space I had. I'll probably post pictures once I'm content with how it's filled up, but I really can't give you more help than that, I'm afraid.

Also, the Lunar New Year set caused me more grief than any Lego set in recent memory. There's no actual instructions on how to do the pyramid arrangement on the back of the box, and whatever I tried was incredibly unstable. What was worse was that regardless of how you grip the modules to stack them up, there's always at least one minifig or decorative bit that will go pinwheeling off in a random direction if you breathe wrong while holding it. I finally managed it, but I don't think I've ever come as close to hurling a Lego build at the wall just for the satisfaction of seeing it explode as I did while trying to put the set up in that way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Gonna need a Moon Knight minifig for it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My May 1st orders finally arrived. These keychains are pretty nice, are they real Beskar?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

bird with big dick posted:

My May 1st orders finally arrived. These keychains are pretty nice, are they real Beskar?

Yes

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

They're stamped with the imperial seal so if it's not that's fraud.
Penalty death.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Finished the DeLorean, and that's just a great set. Fun build, good looking model, and the wheel flipping mechanism is a neat little feature. I've got it in BTTF2 configuration for now. Interesting that the instructions treat the three variations basically as alternate models, or three separate ways to finish the set, rather than one default one with instructions for converting to the others (like, say, Barracuda Bay).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Counterpoint: I thought the DeLorean build was incredibly boring. The play features are great but every single step is snapping a couple more 1x1 pieces to the chassis.

It's a fantastic looking model though. Kinda bummed the doors need modding to stay open but it can be fixed with a single piece.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How do you guys recommend using these pieces ?
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=53989&idColor=77#T=S&C=77&O={%22color%22:77,%22iconly%22:0}

I have a ton of them and can't figure out how to keep the claw part of it free. I only have a couple 1x1 circle plates that downsize the stud to fit that finger piece

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=53989&idColor=77#T=S&C=77&O={%22color%22:77,%22iconly%22:0}

I have a ton of them and can't figure out how to keep the claw part of it free. I only have a couple 1x1 circle plates that downsize the stud to fit that finger piece

The bonsai tree uses these to grip leaves and attach them to branches.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

mastershakeman posted:

Looks like good rear end robo-crab claws

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Aren't there supposed to be two amusement park type GWP coming out this month? I'm sure I saw mention of them somewhere but can't find anything any more. It's all star wars this and star wars that. gently caress LEGO for ditching calendars.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Another day, another bricklink delay.... This fishing boat will never come.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

A standard bar (minfig-hand graspable) fits into the non-claw end, so you'd have to go from there.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pyroclastic posted:

A standard bar (minfig-hand graspable) fits into the non-claw end, so you'd have to go from there.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to connect to the other end

Ah HA they're called bars I think. So I could use a robot head brick connected to a minifig neck bracket, then get the bars with robot claws slotted into these Bionicle pieces, or vice versa. Perfect, I can make the doc ock backpack my kid wants to have

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 11, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

w00tazn posted:

Cancelled mine. Just don't care any more. Don't want to resell it, either.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

w00tazn posted:

It is weird to be getting notices now when we were told at the outset round 2 wasn't going to ship til July at the earliest

Another BLUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1524343600406056961

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Lego Transformers - More stickers than meets the eye.

Not gonna lie, still hoping this is a good set.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrothersBrick/status/1524374325742256128

TBB already has a set review up.
Which was faster than I had expected.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Actual pics https://www.brothers-brick.com/2022/05/11/lego-the-transformers-10302-optimus-prime-is-more-than-meets-the-eye-review/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It's cool to get a review from someone who is a fan of the toys

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Page and tweet appears to be gone again, so probably published early by mistake

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Looks like the review got posted too early. 1500 pieces, $170, and transforms. I'm in.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Great news is that it has very few stickers. Basically just the bumpers, leg details, and plaque are stickers the rest is all printed.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Looks like he can’t bend his knee, but it can rotate and he does appear to have ankle joints.

We need a trailer now.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Darth TNT posted:

Looks like he can’t bend his knee

Yeah it seems great for a Lego set, but thinking about poseability just reminds me how many great figures already exist that cost way less. Granted you don't have any fun building them, but I'd build it in a day then it'd sit on my shelves for decades, whereas I'd probably take some fun photos with a $90 revoltech Optimus. A tough call.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Zwille posted:

Noice, next Creator Expert is a Chevrolet Camaro for 160ish bucks according to leaks.
gently caress

sold

(assuming it's a 1st or 2nd gen)

Also, looks like the next big Technic supercar is 42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3. Regular-rear end red colored because Ferrari.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I have a bunch of spare pieces so I'm doing another round of who wants it? 2 of the Bags are from a Guardians of the Galaxy set that was incomplete I got off of eBay. Anyway, if you want it I ask you cover the shipping:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just want your brick separators and I'll also take that tiger butthole

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to connect to the other end

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just want your brick separators and I'll also take that tiger butthole

I assume the Tiger Butthole is the pink flowery bit? I'll set you the separators, I'm going to keep one teal one for myself, and that part if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i just wanted the teal one tbh

It'd be cheating though I want my brick separator sculpture to have been come by honestly, I'm trying to get enough that they'll form a free standing rainbow.