Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's SPY X FAMILY.
Family comes second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/sel3phi/status/1525507522521550848

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It would honestly be kind of weird if they had work for their top assassin every week of the year.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hope that they keep up the joke that the Forgers are incredibly unphotogenic.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hopefully they adapt the bonus material too and we get the one where Yor has to nurse a gunshot wound to the rear end she got on a job while on a date with Loid.

Theres no way they dont do this one it's too funny.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The punch was incredible. Especially the sound design with the goofy music ending right before the wind up. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

PERFECTION

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/kylescouter/status/1525501987353071617?s=20&t=W1yMBLMgt7mRt2bnpBIQeQ
drat

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lol drat. Guess that makes it harder for Loid to make contact

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://twitter.com/chaopiico/status/1525687784836579329?s=20&t=1ylcseFEfJxHVqJNHIyqQg

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like how she actually very clearly looks to make sure the teacher isn't looking before Falcon Punching damian.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/seoby_/status/1525741779311394816?t=O2WlK5p1oLSsO3MOm-gdRg&s=19

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I am so reading the Manga when the season is over. :allears:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like how she actually very clearly looks to make sure the teacher isn't looking before Falcon Punching damian.

Yeah that kicked rear end. Also her blank expression when taking the shot, the face of someone calmly solving a problem. Fuckyadad.

One theme for SXF is how secrets and lies are part of life, which is cool. Lie to teachers, obviously lie to cops, even lie to your family so they don't worry.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pinwiz11 posted:

I started reading it last week and I can't recommend it enough.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Pinwiz11 posted:

You absolutely should. The anime is a good adaptation and even expands some things, but the art in the manga is excellent and it's not exactly a long manga.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Tunicate posted:

It's SPY X FAMILY.
Family comes second.

You read right to left in Japan, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Series takes place in fake Germany.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You read right to left in Japan, though.

Only when written vertically. :colbert:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Series takes place in fake Germany.

This reminds me of the "Hellsing is by a Japanese mangaka" vs "But it's set in England my dear" early 2000's discourse. :D

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What was that discourse even about? Both of those things are true, but what was either side trying to claim, ultimately?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

tsob posted:

What was that discourse even about? Both of those things are true, but what was either side trying to claim, ultimately?

"discourse" is maybe strong a word, I'm making more of a jokey reference to something Crispin Freeman explained to an audience member who insisted it should be Arucard and not Alucard; which happened largely because as shown in Shirobako it can be a pain to contact the mangaka for clarification which results in oddities like the subtitles being one way (allegedly that's what the director insisted on) and the dub being another way until they were able to get Hirano's input to confirm that it's Alucard and not Arucard so it got corrected later.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Loid.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finally got around to checking out the first episode on Hulu and next thing I know I've binged through all of them, and now I'm sad I'm caught up. I'm seriously considering rewatching them all over again.

I was originally planning on trying to be an adult and sleeping tonight

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I will always spell it Lloyd because that's how that word works. I can forgive the silent X in the title but anglicizing Lloyd's name is a massive insult to the Welsh dragon. What we have here is another remnant of Japan's lingering empire mindset, where the Japanese writers subconsciously side with Saxon colonizers by ditching the proper Welsh spelling. God, the O is an English pollutant as it is. You know what, gently caress that X. I'm going to pronounce the X out loud from now on. Saxons say Xs out loud or they'd be called "Sa'ons," and Spy Ex Family has clearly chosen a side. I've never been to Wales in my life

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ragnar34 posted:

I will always spell it Lloyd because that's how that word works. I can forgive the silent X in the title but anglicizing Lloyd's name is a massive insult to the Welsh dragon. What we have here is another remnant of Japan's lingering empire mindset, where the Japanese writers subconsciously side with Saxon colonizers by ditching the proper Welsh spelling. God, the O is an English pollutant as it is. You know what, gently caress that X. I'm going to pronounce the X out loud from now on. Saxons say Xs out loud or they'd be called "Sa'ons," and Spy Ex Family has clearly chosen a side. I've never been to Wales in my life

:hai:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Maybe it's :thejoke: but it's spelled Loid because it's both Twilight's undercover identity and it's literally not a real first name, right?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Also a lock picking term!

http://www.lockwiki.com/index.php/Loiding

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hello, my name is Brian Secretagent and I am but a humble psychiatrist.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

BlackPersona posted:

Maybe it's :thejoke: but it's spelled Loid because it's both Twilight's undercover identity and it's literally not a real first name, right?

I'm pretty it's a real first too. Not a particularly common one, but I'm pretty sure it is actually an Anglicization of Lloyd regardless.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Manga spoilers:Roland Spoofy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

chiasaur11 posted:

Don’t you mean Lorand Spuphi?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Hello, my name is Brian Secretagent and I am but a humble spychiatrist.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ragnar34 posted:

Uh, weird, you remind me of this Forger fellow I met once.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Locke Picker

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It's your cousin, Fraude Fakee

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Odie Asman

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Odie Asman

Lmao, every time I see it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC when the manga was first being translated into English there was some wonkiness with the names but the mangaka eventually explained how they wanted it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

chiasaur11 posted:

I can't look up the chapter right now but iirc that was apparently an actual name of a guy from Twilight's hometown.