Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

ive used seinfeld for the last dozen games and imagine the party dialogue "it's the power of the crystals, jerry. his people need them".

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hizke posted:

Everyone pointing and laughing. This dude has no friends or loved ones! Or imagination! Let's kick his rear end!!

this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I wanna know what you paid for this Genji gear! Oh my God! A thousand gil?! You paid a thousand gil for this Genji gear?! Alright, fine. I’m walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand gil for this Genji gear, unless you tell me different. Oh, ho! Alright! I’ll tell you what, if you don’t say anything in the next five seconds, I’ll know it was over a thousand.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I wanna know what you paid for this Genji gear! Oh my God! A thousand gil?! You paid a thousand gil for this Genji gear?! Alright, fine. I’m walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand gil for this Genji gear, unless you tell me different. Oh, ho! Alright! I’ll tell you what, if you don’t say anything in the next five seconds, I’ll know it was over a thousand.

lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

fail. fail rear end mother fucker

Hizke posted:

Everyone pointing and laughing. This dude has no friends or loved ones! Or imagination! Let's kick his rear end!!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
epic etrian gamer: "two party members in the front line and 3 in the back. this dragoon sits in the center back so shes surrounded by everyone else. she the boss of the party and shes a lady so shes named boss lady and orders everyone else around from her little dragoon bunkers"

fft dweeb: "why oh why isnt this game telling me to name this guy Lodwicke. what do i do"

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

epic etrian gamer: "two party members in the front line and 3 in the back. this dragoon sits in the center back so shes surrounded by everyone else. she the boss of the party and shes a lady so shes named boss lady and orders everyone else around from her little dragoon bunkers"

fft dweeb: "why oh why isnt this game telling me to name this guy Lodwicke. what do i do"

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If I name a character I give it a soul and that’s a responsibility I’m not ready for.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thinking of this but it's the brain of a guy with a shakier and shakier grip on his 3DS: https://youtu.be/tZQJhvs4amQ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in mother 3 i named lucas myco and everyone else got defaults. in dq3 i took myco and my party got mugi, mio and ritsu

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in an rpg most of the time i like to imagine im in that world and the world's inhabitants are just them

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

JRPG protagonists get my name unless they've got a really famous canon name like Cloud or whatever. Other characters get names stolen from movies, books, other games, anime, etc. I steal Fire Emblem names a lot since there's a million of them to take from.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I've decided if I play it again i"m going to name my party after my favorite JRPG youtubers: davidvinc, Super Derek, EricLandenRpg, that old lady that likes jrpgs (have to think of a couple others...)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frenz posted:

I've decided if I play it again i"m going to name my party after my favorite JRPG youtubers: davidvinc, Super Derek, EricLandenRpg, that old lady that likes jrpgs (have to think of a couple others...)

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

mycophobia posted:

in an rpg most of the time i like to imagine im in that world and the world's inhabitants are just them

can't believe this

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
been playing xenogears and i want to punch the screen every time there's german text

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm going to play Romancing SaGa on the switch this summer.

I have Etrian Odyssey 5 on 3DS and really need to play it. I play on the hard mode and keep getting stumped as soon as I enter the main labyrinth after beating the boss of the baby labyrinth. It's very hard and I'm always trying to figure out how to get a good team synchronicity going.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
rip :negative:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
re: mother 3, got the big story dump from the really tall guy. good stuff. might finish this tomorrow

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I tend to stick with the same names for the same series, usually with a slight twist to suggest they're members of the same extended family, e.g. in Dragon Quest 8 my character was Jambando and in Dragon Quest 11 it was Jambandeux. In Pokemon I call all my starters SICKERUPR because that's what I named mine in Red and he was eaten by MissingNo so I keep his name alive to honour his memory

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

:hai:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I name everyone Wega.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m straight to the wiki or anime adaption to source my names always if it doesn’t have defaults. In EO I just come up with cool names. I guess I’m like a creative??

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Always check the drat wiki. We need a sign or something

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’m lazy as hell with names. It’s either the default or the name is based of what the character’s main trait is like Strongdar, Sneakdar, or Magedar

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I name every silent protagonist Crono, including Link.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FactsAreUseless posted:

I name every silent protagonist Crono, including Link.
silent?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLtLbiQBe8s

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’ve never actually played Etrian Odyssey but I picked up a few of them during the big 3DS sale last month. That Radiant Historia 3DS game too.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I guess I have to buy whatever this weekend as the CC payment function for 3Ds is ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can still add funds assuming you have an active Nintendo account via the website or a Switch.