Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Kaia is good but there are blasts of static sometimes in the ep that are horrible on the ears
We know. We're not sure how that happened (it seemed like it was coming from her side but she was using her AirPods, so...how?) and I didn't have the time to go through that segment manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i really hate to trip but I gotta, bloke

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
glad bryan found a single youtube comment calling WWE racist so he can keep going on about this

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

proud of yourself, are ya?

yes thank you for noticing, friend 🙂

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

glad bryan found a single youtube comment calling WWE racist so he can keep going on about this

IS IT JUST ME??

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hearing Bryan fumble to explain how this is different from Toni Storm or Jeff Hardy and not have a racial element is depressing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Hearing Bryan fumble to explain how this is different from Toni Storm or Jeff Hardy and not have a racial element is depressing.

Didn't Storm and Jeff literally walk out DURING matches, instead of before the show, even? Like, if you're taking the company's side, how is that not worse?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't Storm and Jeff literally walk out DURING matches, instead of before the show, even? Like, if you're taking the company's side, how is that not worse?

Jeff walked out during a match, Toni no-showed an event

also how many years have we all been regularly listening to Bryan Alvarez at this point and still somehow expect him to ever budge even slightly on absolutely any opinion he's come to when he faces literally any kind of pushback

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Alaois posted:

Jeff walked out during a match, Toni no-showed an event

also how many years have we all been regularly listening to Bryan Alvarez at this point and still somehow expect him to ever budge even slightly on absolutely any opinion he's come to when he faces literally any kind of pushback

This is why I skip any Bryan and Dave argument that goes over a minute.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot to plug this here, didn't I? Kaia was great, though!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1526170609234743297

There's always been something kind of funny about how ECW fans prided themselves on being so into hardcore but still went nuts for Sid who's as sports entertainment as you get. (I love Sid. No shade.)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dawgstar posted:

There's always been something kind of funny about how ECW fans prided themselves on being so into hardcore but still went nuts for Sid who's as sports entertainment as you get. (I love Sid. No shade.)

Sid was big and believable. It makes perfect sense they would like him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Sid was huge, could do like 2 moves, had mountains of charisma, and could swing a bat. He's perfect for ECW.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

did his ecw run happen before or after his amazing feud with goldberg where he got his car smashed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

did his ecw run happen before or after his amazing feud with goldberg where he got his car smashed

Before.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Didn't the ECW crowd pop for a lot of legends that you wouldn't think they'd pop for just cause they were big stars? Like didn't Dusty get a huge reaction when he showed up?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Didn't the ECW crowd pop for a lot of legends that you wouldn't think they'd pop for just cause they were big stars? Like didn't Dusty get a huge reaction when he showed up?

Joey Styles actually sorta explained this, insomuch as Dusty is considered a trendsetter/pioneer in hardcore wrestling because of all the gorefests he had in Florida and elsewhere. Basically not dissimilar to Abby or Kevin Sullivan.

Plus Dusty did innovate Bunkhouse Brawls and Wargames.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 22, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Sid was huge, could do like 2 moves, had mountains of charisma, and could swing a bat. He's perfect for ECW.

You're right, I guess he is 911's final form.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Feel like a lot of Jim Valley's rhetorical questions on the most recent WOL had the same single-word answer of "Unionize." :colbert:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it's also why Vince reacts so strongly to even just two people walking out

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BruhsrI8r0s&t=1437s

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Our episode with Em Fear from the Grit and Glitter podcast is now live to all! We talk all about intergender wrestling, Enjoy Wrestling Renegade ep 1&2, and more!

Listen here or wherever you listen to podcasts: https://anchor.fm/the-proletariat-lariat/episodes/The-Proletariat-Lariat-Episode-13-Lucky-13-Feat-Em-Fear-ForkedPgh-e1is9n8

As always if you want a shout out on the pod donate any amount to this: https://fund.nnaf.org/fundraiser/3736237 all proceeds going to Western PA Fund For Choice which goes to funding women seeking abortion care, mostly transportation and lodging costs since Pittsburgh we get a lot of people coming in from Ohio and West Virginia (and have been receiving people from Texas as well)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

listened to b&v and lisa today finally. good show!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

she was really good and better than most of the morons they got on the F4W network imho

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
replace garrett with lisa

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

James' "Big Bloke Style" story from this weeks Deadlock was amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah okay after WOR and WOL it seems like Bryan is just bound and determined to stick to his initial assessment that Sasha and Naomi overreacted no matter what, despite spending a considerable chunk of time talking about how their absence has showcased a complete lack of viable contenders for either the tag titles or the singles titles in WWE.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah okay after WOR and WOL it seems like Bryan is just bound and determined to stick to his initial assessment that Sasha and Naomi overreacted no matter what, despite spending a considerable chunk of time talking about how their absence has showcased a complete lack of viable contenders for either the tag titles or the singles titles in WWE.

Was he still doubling down on it even after it's come out that WWE didn't even announce the match was happening until Sasha and Naomi had already left???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cos he’s dumb as rocks op

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Has Bryan ever budged on any point ever? I feel like he''ll argue anything into the ground and then take it to all the other shows hoping someone will have his back.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

I'm telling you, small business tyrants hate workers solidarity like no one else

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

He will still bring up the HBK secret plan 10 years later

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

GoutPatrol posted:

He will still bring up the HBK secret plan 10 years later

He has and I’m pretty well read into the lore but what is the secret plan thing? Doesn’t ring a single bell to me.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Drakkel posted:

Was he still doubling down on it even after it's come out that WWE didn't even announce the match was happening until Sasha and Naomi had already left???

Today he shifted to insinuating Sasha and Naomi are stupid for wanting to improve the tag division because there wasn't any way they were going to be able to do that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

mooseinfants posted:

Today he shifted to insinuating Sasha and Naomi are stupid for wanting to improve the tag division because there wasn't any way they were going to be able to do that

he’s right

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Sure but it's not the wrestlers job to book a division well and improve it. All they can do is advocate for positive changes and be the best they can be.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's perfectly ok for us in the audience to complain about how horrible and dumb WWE is but God forbid the people working there do. Also my phone just auto predicted WWE after I typed dumb.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Boogs, or as I like to call him, Boogs

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
So I got dumped on last time I mentioned Corny. Do you guys all hate him?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

escape artist posted:

So I got dumped on last time I mentioned Corny. Do you guys all hate him?

Yes. He has a quarantine thread if you have to talk about him. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3961361