Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
This is legit what reading Duwang felt like at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

This one brings me incredible joy and I can't explain why

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Xand_Man posted:

Won't someone just please clarify for Jonathan what a mouse is

Character development!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know what a mouse is.

But I won't tell you.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know what a mouse is.

Foreshadowing for part 7.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
A true Brit always protects the family tea.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's surprising how great a job 20 layers of google translate do at turning subtext into text

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I am slightly suspicous that this is a horse_ebooks type situation, a few of these really feel like someone's been having fun with them

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah there's no way that's just Google translate.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Thinking about how Araki listened to this song and got inspired to create a Stand that sprays flesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO02QXn-n5M

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I desperately want Araki to make a list of what Stands were Power Made First vs. Name Picked First.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hot Pants was robbed

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Funky Valentine posted:

I desperately want Araki to make a list of what Stands were Power Made First vs. Name Picked First.

he forgot

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Dragonwagon posted:

Character development!

And Jonathan's head grew three sizes bigger that day, without his face.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Limp Bizkit is absolutely the latter, you know the second he heard of it, he was gonna use it for somethin'

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dragonwagon posted:

Character development!

it took Jonathan 8 years to graduate from first grade

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like a lot of part 5's had to be name first, power second. Sex Pistols, Aerosmith, Sticky Fingers, Soft Machine, Purple Haze, Talking Head, Beach Boy, King Crimson, Metallica, Man in the Mirror, Kraft Work, Little Feet, Black Sabbath, probably more.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJOp9Z7tG8

All Star Battle R set for 9/2, special collector's edition with a Jolyne statue, costume, and a set of anime-inspired colors.

New characters announced:

- Speedwagon
- Mariah
- Pet Shop
- Diego

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was about to ask how Diego wasn't already in the game, but I guess SBR ended in 2011 and the game released two years later. Scary Monsters is less marketable than The World, I guess, and also maybe they just didn't wanna spoil it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it was just Johnny, Gyro, and Diego. Hell, it was so early in Jojolion that there were literally no other characters to use aside from Gappy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hell loving yes, diego was on my wishlist

also with the way they're structuring it and what we know so far, there's definitely going to be a second character reveal thing that goes over 4-6 and shows off prosciutto among others

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Need more Part 8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
God I love the DIODIODIODIO stripes on Diego's dino form.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm assuming Old Joseph's lines are recycled from EoH, but I feel a little glad he wasn't recast. :unsmith:

Esidesi too!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it was just Johnny, Gyro, and Diego.

Valentine, not Diego. But yeah, you'd think Hot Pants would've at least gotten in. Or Soundman!

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 26, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got tongue tied by dinosaurs!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Not surprised since obviously they're gonna make use of all those EoH characters they have available.

The interesting part is they confirmed a Season Pass with 4 more characters, and there's still a bunch to reveal. Abaccio could actually work in ASB, have Moody Blues repeat combos you set up and done.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The final character will be the main character of Jojo Lands.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Tooru better be a character.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Assuming Diego (AU) isn't backported, I think the only other EOH characters are Stroheim, N'doul, Yukako, Trish, Weather, and Joshu, in addition to the Prosciutto leak.

I wonder if there will be another bout of DLC for this game, though, like the original. I'd be neat if they added some more characters. Personally, I'd hope for

- Part 4: Keicho Nijimura
- Part 5: Leone Abbacchio, Risotto Nero, Cioccolata/Secco
- Part 6: Foo Fighters, Sports Maxx
- Part 7: Hot Pants, Soundman, Blackmore
- Part 8: Haven't read it yet, but Satoru Akefu I guess?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jobin better be in and one of his attacks should just be a car

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trish, FF, and Yasuho or we riot.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Where the hell is Foof, I demand the Foof.

Were all these new characters included in EoH, or are there some entirely new ones?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

Were all these new characters included in EoH, or are there some entirely new ones?

All four of these new ones were in EoH, yep.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Guess I'd better get around to finishing part 8 so i can play this game

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Joshu being a character is pretty funny in retrospect. Dude barely does anything outside of Milagro man

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Trish, FF, and Yasuho or we riot.

Trish was confirmed a while ago

There are two or three character slots left depending on if Baoh gets added at the last minute

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gimme Damo, Yuya, ZZ, FF, Viviano, and BT.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Heritage for the Future players getting war flashbacks from seeing Pet Shop in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The trailer has six remaining blank spaces, but we know from promo material Trish and Prosciutto are in so they're probably 2 of the spaces, leaving 4.

From EoH there's 5 non-"clones" remaining: Stroheim, N'Doul, Yukako, Weather Report and Joshu. Meaning the 4 last spaces could all be returning characters (N'Doul does have a history of being unimplmeneted on straight fighters...). They could replace one of them with a new character but not so sure about that when they have these models and anims ready.

Hell, if we count Part 4 Jotaro, Alternate Diego and suppose Baoh comes back we could have theoretically 0 new characters besides Ham Guy even with the season pass.