Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why haven't I been watching this all day???? Also it's so good seeing Andi Gutierrez again.

E: Oh it started 16 minutes ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

It’s been filming for about a month. Mostly kids in the cast, supposedly set in the same time span as Mando. Code name was Grammar Rodeo during filming, I don’t think any leaker had a super clear idea what it was about until this past week.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

This is the show about the rag tag group of kids who get lost in the galaxy and have to like ... come of age

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

GOONIES....IN...SPAAAAAAAACE

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Willow???

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s been filming for about a month. Mostly kids in the cast, supposedly set in the same time span as Mando. Code name was Grammar Rodeo during filming, I don’t think any leaker had a super clear idea what it was about until this past week.

I love that Filoni and Favreau have earned the right to make some random Star Wars show and do whatever the gently caress they want with it with minimal pitch to executives or focus groups.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Willow series is incomprehensible to me. I remember the movie being received with barely an "Eh?" from the public.

edit: they're cowards for not having Val Kilmer be fat, down-and-out Madmartigan

Madurai fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 26, 2022

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jerkface posted:

This is the show about the rag tag group of kids who get lost in the galaxy and have to like ... come of age

Hmm what do you think the over/under is for how many kids are force sensitive?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

it's going to be THE JEDI POPE, i pray

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm all in for Willow. I fukkin' loved that movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, when’s the Willow series supposed to start and did they get any of the original cast back for it?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, when’s the Willow series supposed to start and did they get any of the original cast back for it?

Warwick Davis is on that livestream right now. I dunno about anyone else.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Warwick Davis is in it, and it starts Nov 30th

And they've already shown the Willow trailer three times in a span of 30 minutes

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Joanne Whalley's back, too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Warwick Davis is in it, and it starts Nov 30th

And they've already shown the Willow trailer three times in a span of 30 minutes

Haven’t seen it myself, got a link handy?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Larryb posted:

Haven’t seen it myself, got a link handy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbveDpUZv4

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think I only ever saw the movie once when I was a kid but this looks interesting enough at least

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Filoni kept telling Rosario it was Plo-Kloon. Keeping traditions.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I see a lot of people saying it looks great, but honestly it looks terrible to me. What are people seeing here that’s promising?

It’s supposedly about the start of the rebellion and spy shenanigans, but the empire doesn’t look oppressive. We see some people literally hitting an alarm bell despite have antigravity tech and lasers. It all looks kinda half baked so far to me.
Andor barely features, and he was such a non character to begin with. :shrug:
Maybe it will surprise me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Darth TNT posted:

I see a lot of people saying it looks great, but honestly it looks terrible to me. What are people seeing here that’s promising?

Depiction of Star Wars not seen in other shows/movies is a big enough draw for me. That it looks cinematic as gently caress is a gigantic boon too. I'm apathetic towards Andor the character and am pretty whatever on Rogue One (gorgeous film though), but that trailer gave me goosebumps.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Katee Sakhoff always just looks glad to be there

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Madurai posted:

Katee Sakhoff always just looks glad to be there

She owns

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

im sorry your problem is that "they are hitting an alarm bell" ??

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'd never heard the bit that Bo Katan is based on Filoni's wife before

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

im sorry your problem is that "they are hitting an alarm bell" ??

Lol yes. Only thing I mentioned.
So what do you see in it?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If you didn't like the teaser, you didn't like the teaser.

Nobody has to try to make you see anything.

But just so you know, you're wrong. poo poo looks good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It basically looks like they got all the people responsible for cinematography back for Andor and I am all in. Rogue 1 is my favorite of all the new films - even with it being cut to poo poo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Darth TNT posted:

Lol yes. Only thing I mentioned.
So what do you see in it?

I think your complaints are weird. It looks insanely cinematic, not half baked at all, it looks the fullest baked of any of the star wars shows to be honest. Star Wars has always been a mishmash of high tech and low tech, and that balance gives different regions character.

Andor and Mon Mothma are the main protags and they feature pretty equally in the trailer, but clearly a lot of the trailer is devoted to whatever is happening in that specific town to "set the mood" - and we see the
regular people fearing/pancking/whatever, how does that not give off an oppressive mood? followed by all the sterile images of the imperial facilities.

its been in development for 2.5 years - i think we're in for a treat

Edit: Spoiler from Vanity Fair on how the series opens The first 4 episodes spend all their time on 1 planet (likely the trailer one), about to be crushed by the newly formed Empire, following the thief Andor. He loses everything and basically gets recruited at his lowest point into the rebellion, and from there the series opens up into the wider galaxy and we see whats going on with Mothma and the rebel factions and how they begin to fight back.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 26, 2022

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I had minimal interest in Andor the guy, he was the least interesting of the R1 crew but I am up for seeing a fabulously attired Mon Mothma do awesome insurrectionist poo poo under Palp's nose so sure, why not.

Madurai posted:

edit: they're cowards for not having Val Kilmer be fat, down-and-out Madmartigan

To be fair, the poor guy is about as capable of performing nowadays as Tim Curry is.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's also nice to be getting a non-Jon Favreau show for a change.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wonder if they will be able to lean more into the terrorist stuff this time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

I wonder if they will be able to lean more into the terrorist stuff this time.

Release the original Rogue One cut! :colbert:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope they stick close to Stephen King’s source material.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

To be fair, the poor guy is about as capable of performing nowadays as Tim Curry is.

Yeah he'd be nigh unrecognizable even if they tried. Poor SOB.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ian McDiarmid's impression of JJ Abrams is the thing I needed today

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
ANDIR

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DEAN STORM

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/harlilly_quinn/status/1529923372792127488

Larryb posted:

Yoda died of natural causes at the age of 900 but then again I imagine being a Jedi is a pretty stressful job so who knows how long the actual life expectancy of his species is (I also wonder if the Dagobah system is their actual homeworld, it’d kind of make sense what with them being a bit frog-like in nature)
I assume that for simplicity's sake Yoda's species are just x10 so Yoda died at the equivalent of 90 and baby grogu is the equivalent of 5 years old, etc.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

That looks awesome.

That said, as a massive nerd, I instantly noticed the the bunch of AK-looking rifles and it made me wonder if we're gonna get slugthrowers in NuEU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

fartknocker posted:

That looks awesome.

That said, as a massive nerd, I instantly noticed the the bunch of AK-looking rifles and it made me wonder if we're gonna get slugthrowers in NuEU.
All Star Wars guns are just real guns with a few extra greebles and backwards scopes, and slugthrowers were already in the prequels and the clone wars series

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 26, 2022