Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Char posted:

Hakari either cheats the Binding Vow system, or has a contract with someone else. His faucet of power is completely broken

Keep in mind he’s extremely vulnerable while trying to get a jackpot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, the hard counter to his ability is "Just loving kill him fivehead.". It's not like the people it would be used on are randos, they are basically all monsters. You have to live through fighting them before you get to the bullshit part.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
He's not "extremely vulerable", he's... normal? Well ok looking how Panda, Todo or, hell, Naobito got treated when in presence of true monsters, being normal is probably being "quite vulnerable". Higuruma would have a field day with this guy lol

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Man, I wonder what bullshit a really smart contract lawyer could get up to with vows in JJK.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We kinda saw that to be honest and it was pretty strong.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

We kinda saw that to be honest and it was pretty strong.

The thing to note is that all these domains are basically selected at birth since a domain expansion just lets someone manifest their innate domain. So Higuruma and Hakari's domains being absolutely bonkers wasn't their choice.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goddamn hakari

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Artelier posted:

drat, Hakari's busted. He's especially good if he gets to fight some small fry first to get the Jackpots rolling, but might struggle if he fought a tough opponent straight away.

Also for the next chapter I demand a reaction shot of Kashimo finding out the rules of the Domain! In fact, I want to see Hakari hit his domain on like every named character just to see how they'd react.

Todo would just nod, because he figured the whole thing out from context clues, before describing why Yume Asagiri is a poo poo tier waifu.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

They werent kidding when they said he’s the strongest sorcerer when he’s on a roll, Jfc

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 28, 2022

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Me and the rest of Hakari nation rolling up on the doubters and haters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Really fun chapter and Hakari's jackpot is amazing. I had a feeling he'd get recharges and multiple casts per day but I didn't expect him to be nigh unkillable after every jackpot lol. He's still at risk going in to face Kashimo without his jackpot bonus though. I'm curious how this will go now that Hakari can't just no sell the basic lightning attacks. He does presumably have better odds or faster spins after hitting his jackpot so I'm curious what the latter will look like if he got that.

It rocks that he can just keep spamming this at people lol.

It's interesting that Kashimo described their lightning as a "trait" of their energy not a technique so I'm assuming we really haven't seen their technique yet. It makes me think that Hakari's sandpaper textured energy is a trait also, so I hope Kashimo comments on that.

For a DE battle I'm curious how it affects stuff like Idle Death Gamble which doesn't rely on a guaranteed hit. The only thing that matters with his guaranteed hit is having the rules explained to you, which Kashimo will have already experienced. It might interrupt his ability to get a jackpot but imo its not known yet what will happen to a rules based domain during a DE tug-of-war.

:worship: :worship:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is DE cursed energy based? Wondering if Hikari can just overpower any opposing DE by juicing his own with his jackpot energy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It just says the most refined expansion will win out but while the tug of war goes on neither guaranteed hits will be effective. We’ve only seen two play out. Gojo instantly overwhelming Jogo and then Megumi tunnelling into Dagon’s. In both case very lopsided contests but the latter lasted for a few seconds or minutes at least

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I am kneeling in reverence. The crotch grab was just too good I'm glad Gege threw it in there.

chiasaur11 posted:

Todo would just nod, because he figured the whole thing out from context clues, before describing why Yume Asagiri is a poo poo tier waifu.

It always bothers me in romcoms when the main girl is the blandest character imaginable. Doubly so if the MC is a plank of wood as well. Sayuri Amanogawa is clearly best girl and some kind of international thief at night.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is DE cursed energy based? Wondering if Hikari can just overpower any opposing DE by juicing his own with his jackpot energy.

It's a factor but not the most important one.

Anyway it seems Hakari has to run out the clock first before he can do another Domain.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I didn't think there'd be powersets more fun than the lawyer guy or the comedy guy but here we are, I want to watch Hakari clown on everyone and I want to see more reactions to the pachinko brain-infodump.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Everything with Hakari just reinforces how much I love this manga, especially where we are right now. In other words,

EmmyOk posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
local hoodlum too lucky to die

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Hakari's love for beating the poo poo outta dudes is infectious :swoon:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I eagerly await the next chapter when Hakari starts cupping his ear to the crowd and is over come with Hakarimania

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

:allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Definitely expecting Kashimo to bring it to him next chapter though. The vibe we ended on didn't seem like Hakari is on the back foot despite his buff ending and now being much more vulnerable to Kashimo. I can't imagine we won't see Hakari get rocked a bit in this fight though. However I bet he'll love it and will be unbelievably frustrating to deal with.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Jujutsu Kaisen Manga Thread:

Oxxidation posted:

local hoodlum too lucky to die

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

also the outrageous disrespect of sending your opponent flying, hitting the crotch grab, then teleport dashing them before they land is incredible

insane he didn't get a "he's fast"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen Manga Thread:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

also the outrageous disrespect of sending your opponent flying, hitting the crotch grab, then teleport dashing them before they land is incredible

insane he didn't get a "he's fast"

Probably cause that was not that fast. It was fast, but Kashimo's largely been hit just by counters.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A teleport dash is as fast as anything we’ve seen other than Gojo’s actual teleports

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Probably cause that was not that fast. It was fast, but Kashimo's largely been hit just by counters.

my man is still in the air

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Azathoth256 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 30, 2022

Char
Jan 5, 2013
187 out, a bit of a filler chapter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nah its not filler.
There had to be a catch for hakaris domain, and this is it.

Besides the mangas fights are always really cool to see. And i hope mappa (or whomever gets S2 onwards) changes up their fight choreography to be more close up and personal exactly for fights like this one (and like Maki's one woman army massacre), and the way hakari breaks apart the panels and "reverses time" witb the pseudo rolls Its going to be super fun to see animated.

The anime, outside of certain moments, is a bit floaty and weightless.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm glad Kashimo is getting a chance to have fun even if this isn't Sukuna. I'll admit I did a complete 180 on Hakari, dude is all the bits of Todo I love but his gimmick allows him to still feel completely different.

Also, what OP plays when you enter invul mode thread? For me it's Kinnikuman Nisei's [HUSTLE MUSCLE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfV-qH6HYMM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love this poo poo I don't know who to root for at this point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Love how everyone in this manga goes into fuckin lovin it sicko mode when in a fight

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
whoever said hakari has a bobobobo power set was right

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Brought To You By posted:

I'm glad Kashimo is getting a chance to have fun even if this isn't Sukuna. I'll admit I did a complete 180 on Hakari, dude is all the bits of Todo I love but his gimmick allows him to still feel completely different.

Also, what OP plays when you enter invul mode thread? For me it's Kinnikuman Nisei's [HUSTLE MUSCLE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfV-qH6HYMM

I figure that, given it's from a romcom anime, it's gotta be something cute more than epic.

Ergo,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIvhg8mjaDk

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i cannot wait to see the KEEP GOING!s animated and i hope they do some extra ones

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
How can one manga support this many kings

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Curious to know how long it will take Hakari to re-atomize his body and if it will be longer than 4 mins 11 seconds.