Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DrChu posted:

When did Lego start using LaserShip? They are the worst.

Good luck on receiving your package. My LaserShip order never arrived and when I called Lego CS they asked me a ton of questions and since then all of my orders have come FedEx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Good luck on receiving your package. My LaserShip order never arrived and when I called Lego CS they asked me a ton of questions and since then all of my orders have come FedEx.

FedEx ain’t much better these days.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Had I know they would use LaserShip and my GWP would disappear I would have rather just tried my luck at a store.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've only ever gotten Fedex from Lego and have never had a problem.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Did anyone order Optimus and their order page on lego.com still not show their most recent order? It shows my most recent order as March 31

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bird with big dick posted:

I've only ever gotten Fedex from Lego and have never had a problem.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Over the last year I’ve had several FedEx packages just languish for weeks at a time not even unloaded off of the truck so I could get them a mere 10 minutes away. I’d chalk that up to potentially just bad luck except I found a Reddit that was just talking about how crap FedEx has been lately and it sounds like a horror show.

I’m sure it’s all just circumstantial, but I’m not very high on FedEx right now.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

LaserShip is only used for some East Coast states, don't know what ones odd the top of my head.
No idea wy we started using them, just that it started a few months back.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Feenix posted:

Over the last year I’ve had several FedEx packages just languish for weeks at a time not even unloaded off of the truck so I could get them a mere 10 minutes away. I’d chalk that up to potentially just bad luck except I found a Reddit that was just talking about how crap FedEx has been lately and it sounds like a horror show.

I’m sure it’s all just circumstantial, but I’m not very high on FedEx right now.

My friend worked at a fedex warehouse and people just don't show up to work there. So your packages probably didn't get unloaded because no one showed up to do it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I've only ever gotten Fedex from Lego and have never had a problem...

Except for packages arriving multiple days late. Or very late at night. Including the package that arrived at 130 in the morning.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

Except for packages arriving multiple days late. Or very late at night. Including the package that arrived at 130 in the morning.

Mine arrive ok but a day later than their initial estimate, pretty much every time lately.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

That’s wild, until a year or two ago I never had a package get delivered past 5pm or so.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Space Jam posted:

That’s wild, until a year or two ago I never had a package get delivered past 5pm or so.

UPS used to be late as hell here, we got packages as late as 11pm before. It's gotten better. I think it's because we're fairly near the local station and that driver would go all the way out first and work his way back. Fedex and the mail show up about when you'd expect, and amazon just shows up whenever the gently caress they feel like it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Feenix posted:

Did anyone order Optimus and their order page on lego.com still not show their most recent order? It shows my most recent order as March 31

Mine’s showing my order placed June 1 and is listed as In Warehouse. Did you get a confirmation email?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
All of my orders show up destroyed, nothing but pieces. Luckily they're all in bags in the box, and the box is fine.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said I’d never buy another one just because the Bugatti wasn’t really much different than the GT3 and I was never particularly tempted by the Lambo but I’m having a hard time not getting the Ferrari.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I said I’d never buy another one just because the Bugatti wasn’t really much different than the GT3 and I was never particularly tempted by the Lambo but I’m having a hard time not getting the Ferrari.

Packaging is gorgeous

https://youtu.be/q6jCMhtJTv4

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Mine’s showing my order placed June 1 and is listed as In Warehouse. Did you get a confirmation email?

Confirmation email yes. In the email is a link to order status. Which takes me to Lego.com and shows my orders and Latest Order is 3/31. :/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lizard Combatant posted:

Arches do sit flush with curved tiles, that's what I used for the hood of my landspeeder from way back.

Now that's a hot tip, I didn't even look at the arch pieces. But curiously the inverted arch doesn't match the curve, I'm guessing because lego needed the arc to line up with a tile height at the bottom. But I can make the top arch piece work with some stud inversion.. hopefully. Otherwise I'll be doing the square landing pad.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The right angle filler looked best imo, since you keep the curve

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

xzzy posted:

Now that's a hot tip, I didn't even look at the arch pieces. But curiously the inverted arch doesn't match the curve, I'm guessing because lego needed the arc to line up with a tile height at the bottom. But I can make the top arch piece work with some stud inversion.. hopefully. Otherwise I'll be doing the square landing pad.

You should be able to use either the top or inverted arch solution, you've just got to account for the half plate offset you're introducing there in the inverted side of your example.

Will look slick when it's done.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 2, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

I think it's because your birck in the middle (on the white line) isn't centered.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

HootTheOwl posted:

I think it's because your birck in the middle (on the white line) isn't centered.

Yeah it's because you're building with studs going to the top of the picture and anti studs going to the bottom. Needs to be studs or anti studs both ways or you're out by half a plate in height (the aforementioned offset). You could use a 1x1 brick with studs either side or a 1x1 technic brick with hole and build out from that, but you'd be left with a visible stud that could have a landing light or something on it. There's other ways to avoid a visible stud, but that's the easiest way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah it's because you're building with studs going to the top of the picture and anti studs going to the bottom. Needs to be studs or anti studs both ways or you're out by half a plate in height (the aforementioned offset). You could use a 1x1 brick with studs either side or a 1x1 technic brick with hole and build out from that, but you'd be left with a visible stud that could have a landing light or something on it. There's other ways to avoid a visible stud, but that's the easiest way.

This design may not survive assembly in the real world but it does indeed look quite nice.

Note the random bracket stuck in to fill in the half plate gap. That's where the stud inversion happens. :v:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

xzzy posted:

This design may not survive assembly in the real world but it does indeed look quite nice.

Note the random bracket stuck in to fill in the half plate gap. That's where the stud inversion happens. :v:

Nice. It's possible to eliminate the recess of the landing pad as well, but I think that looks cool as is.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Good job DHL.

That’s my Wicked Brick AT-AT case.
I’ll start unwrapping it later so see if any of the acrylic sides got smashed up. Right now it’s still in bubble wrap so there’s hope.

tomapot fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 3, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Slowly putting the pickup truck together. It's a real pleasure to build so far. A lot of interesting and clever techniques. The Creator cars tend to be pretty good, but this one seems better than most.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Flyinglemur posted:

All of my orders show up destroyed, nothing but pieces. Luckily they're all in bags in the box, and the box is fine.

:golfclap:

But seriously, never had a problem with fedex or ups. Do those VIP coins come in the individual cases? I saw the five case was sold out and the Space and coin ones are gone too damnit. Will hope for a restock because they look sweet.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ChesterJT posted:

:golfclap:

But seriously, never had a problem with fedex or ups. Do those VIP coins come in the individual cases? I saw the five case was sold out and the Space and coin ones are gone too damnit. Will hope for a restock because they look sweet.

Yeah they each come in an individual

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

BYGGLEK strikes again!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Hey cool, glad that worked for you! I love all the unexpected ways completely unrelated bricks work together

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

tomapot posted:

Good job DHL.

That’s my Wicked Brick AT-AT case.
I’ll start unwrapping it later so see if any of the acrylic sides got smashed up. Right now it’s still in bubble wrap so there’s hope.

DHL is the absolute bane of my existence at work, so I’m honestly shocked your package is in such good shape. I’ve had entire multi-pallet shipments come in covered in that drat yellow repack tape. They are easily the worst parcel service in the US.

I built the new Mando Starfighter last night. It’s a pretty standard build, but the end result looks pretty nice and it’s extremely swooshable. My only complaint is the weird gap between the two cockpit bubbles that’ll definitely have to be fixed somehow. The minifigs are great though, I’m ecstatic to have a little Lego Amy Sedaris and her BD-1 friend.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

It would be weird for Lego to increase the price on Optimus in a couple of months when it only came out yesterday. Why not just start with the increased price?

Maybe they did and are just increasing it again.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm just wondering how much longer Optimus Prime is going to stay in the lego warehouse! Why other releasing something on the day before a bank holiday weekend if you're not going to get it to your couriers for five days...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Marmaduke! posted:

I'm just wondering how much longer Optimus Prime is going to stay in the lego warehouse! Why other releasing something on the day before a bank holiday weekend if you're not going to get it to your couriers for five days...

YEah everything about how this one was handled and the little warnings up front about delivery dates taking longer makes me wonder if they either:

Changed how they take orders/cut off orders (ie: maybe just allowing you to order even into the "backordered" phase a bit.)

or

They had a last minute shipping/supply chain issue that didn't warrant a release delay but are just scrambling?

or, I don't know. But yes, something feels a little off.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Some guy in the warehouse forgot to say AUTOBOTS: ROLL OUT!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

If you're in the UK it's not shipping until Tuesday at the earliest. DPD and DHL weren't picking up anything yesterday or today and Monday is a bank holiday in Belguim where the western Europe warehouse is so nothing for that region is shipping until Tuesday now. Also nothing ships over the weekend most of the time for any warehouse anyway.

I decided to pay for express shipping for my Optimus and it actually shipped on Wednesday, but DHL's still not delivering until Monday.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Veotax posted:

Monday is a bank holiday in Belguim

Not just Belgium, this coming Monday (6.6.) is a holiday in quite a few countries in Europe, so this will definitely impact delivery dates.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Note for Optimus builders: make sure you find the 1x2 light grey piece with his eyes and set it aside. I didn't realize one was printed with his eyes and used it randomly somewhere in his body and now I have to take it all apart to find his eyes. I know they wanted to save the head for last but drat lol. Live by the pile, die by the pile.

It's still amazingly fun to build. I think Voltron is still a better functional build but it's amazing.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They probably didn't expect you to one pile it. I'm guessing it was the only part of it's kind in the bag it was in.