Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Big guy was a lot of fun to build, trying to decide if I even want to panel line, let alone do stickers.

Also core gundam is my new favorite thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Core Gundam is a genius design and I want a PG Core Gundam for humor value.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wouldn't mind a RG or MG honestly, it's a cool gimmick.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wish they did a Re:Rise manga that kept adding new and weirder PLANETS sets

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I wish they did a Re:Rise manga that kept adding new and weirder PLANETS sets

I don't ever remember seeing a Plutonine.

If they don't wanna do the dwarf planet, they're missing out on asteroids and comets as modpacks.

Marfour ver. Ceres

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
gundam nibirux

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
I am super sad. I started working on my MG Dynames yesterday, and there is a piece of the head that’s just missing from the runner. I checked the bags, the box, the floor all around my work area. Nothing. I just.. can’t build the head now.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Tanon posted:

I am super sad. I started working on my MG Dynames yesterday, and there is a piece of the head that’s just missing from the runner. I checked the bags, the box, the floor all around my work area. Nothing. I just.. can’t build the head now.

does the box have a bluefin distribution sticker? I've only head about this years ago but you may be able to get a replacement part through Bandai since bluefin is (I believe) an official distributor and most places use them

https://shop.bandai.com/returns-replacements

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bluefin is such an official distributor that they're literally just called Bandai Namco Collectibles now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Bluefin is such an official distributor that they're literally just called Bandai Namco Collectibles now.

Let's hope they don't share the same fate as every other Bandai anime merchandising branch in the US.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Given that bandai straight up bought them because their own western branches kept imploding and they needed people with a proven track record, it would be very funny if they also failed. lovely, but very funny.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stabbington posted:

Given that bandai straight up bought them because their own western branches kept imploding and they needed people with a proven track record, it would be very funny if they also failed. lovely, but very funny.

That's what worries me though, if Bluefin had remained a separate company that was the sole licensee of Bandai goods in the US I'd be less concerned.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I thought bluefin was bandai owned from day one. If they were bought, it was many years ago, like before the limited barnes and noble releases.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

I thought bluefin was bandai owned from day one. If they were bought, it was many years ago, like before the limited barnes and noble releases.

They were purchased in 2018 with an 80% stake and bought out completely a few months ago. Bluefin was still separate when the B&N rollout happened.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Well, there you go.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Shipping from Japan to Australia sure is a thing now. An Action Base 5, two Bandai Spirits Parts Separators, an Optional Parts Set 8 and 2x Customized Weapons (Gatling Gun Unit)'s comes to... *checks notes* $72AUD via DHL :retrogames:

Or $95AUD via FedEx :shepface: (also for 3-5 days vs DHL's 1-3 Business)

edit: Oh, and an extra $8 in tax.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

According to the internet, cheap shipping through Japan Post still isn't an option for a lot of places because commercial flights are down. Fedex and DHL don't care but they also have that price tag.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Argas posted:

According to the internet, cheap shipping through Japan Post still isn't an option for a lot of places because commercial flights are down. Fedex and DHL don't care but they also have that price tag.

Yuuuuup, it's why HLJ is pretty much a no-go for me as a Canadian, shipping is almost as much as the thing itself. Luckily I found a Sinanju at my localish store that was even under the Amazon price.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Tanon posted:

I had a situation like this on an SD kit I got for my kid. I used their missing piece form and supplied the requested photos. Took a couple months, but I did eventually get the part.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Does buying resin conversion/detail up kits for models I already have not count as adding to the backlog or will I have to admit that I have a problem with hoarding kits and need help?

Tanon posted:

https://mechapartsguy.com/mg-dynames-runner-a-single-piece/

I've used this site before and worked well if the bluefin thing doesn't work out.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 9, 2022

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Monaghan posted:

Does buying resin conversion/detail up kits for models I already have not count as adding to the backlog or will I have to admit that I have a problem with hoarding kits and need help?

I've used this site before and worked well if the bluefin thing doesn't work out.

Mechapartsguy saved my rear end just two weeks ago when I lost two polycaps. A++ would patronize again.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

to lose one polycap is a tragedy. To lose two, a farce.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DamnGlitch posted:

to lose one polycap is a tragedy. To lose two, a farce.

I keep a baggie of polycap runners for just such an occasion.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I keep a baggie of polycap runners for just such an occasion.

Haros come with two spare 30mm compatible polycaps each once you're done building. It's handy.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Whoa, they have the RG Zeta's parts which means i might be able to repair the arm.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I haven't watched Seed but really liked the deactive color variant that Bandai previewed so I tried a quick repaint myself

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Looks great! I like the muted color scheme.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
I thought I knew the risks with the MG Exia but hoo boy, that was a rough build. Lots of things just aren't quite stable enough, particularly where weapons attach to the body for storage, and I'm not really seeing a return on the frustration of the clear semi-holographic pieces. Hopefully when they get through the rest of the Celestial Being suits in MG they circle back around and give the Exia a refresh. I'm kind of scared to go back and get the transfers and stickers attached, given how fiddly and delicate it feels.

This is awesome! You really captured the powered-down look!

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Does anyone have a white or grey brush-on primer they'd recommend? I like the results I get with the Vallejo Mecha Color black primer, but their white and grey primers seem really thin. I have not figured out how to get good coverage with them. I only try to paint specific details, so a can or airbrush primer would not be useful for me. Thanks.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Thanks for mentioning mechapartsguy, now I can replace that H shaped part for the trim on the RG crossbone that is like glass

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Does anyone have a white or grey brush-on primer they'd recommend? I like the results I get with the Vallejo Mecha Color black primer, but their white and grey primers seem really thin. I have not figured out how to get good coverage with them. I only try to paint specific details, so a can or airbrush primer would not be useful for me. Thanks.

Stynylrez is the only brush on primer I've used that's really worked well. But it does work and it comes in a bunch of colors including white and grey.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I liked the old krylon fusion flat white, but I think the current stuff goes on thicker.
Edit: I missed the brush on part.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 12, 2022

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Suzaku posted:

Stynylrez is the only brush on primer I've used that's really worked well. But it does work and it comes in a bunch of colors including white and grey.

Thanks! I'd seen it mentioned but I actually had lower hopes for it, because I think of Badger as an airbrush company. I'll give it a try.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

He may not be a robot, but he's mine and I love him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So that new 30MM backpack is bigger than I thought it'd be....

Under all that is a green Revernova, with parts from about nine accessory packs. Most of which I bought a pair of for various builds and had floating around for a while in boxes. I like to think it just ground-effects around like a Dom and walking is... optional with a full loadout.

Also had some leftover parts from the multi-wing pack when I was making the dragon, so I just stuck them on the back of the feet to give it the look of support legs to hold it in place against recoil.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So that new 30MM backpack is bigger than I thought it'd be....

Under all that is a green Revernova, with parts from about nine accessory packs. Most of which I bought a pair of for various builds and had floating around for a while in boxes. I like to think it just ground-effects around like a Dom and walking is... optional with a full loadout.

Also had some leftover parts from the multi-wing pack when I was making the dragon, so I just stuck them on the back of the feet to give it the look of support legs to hold it in place against recoil.

How much play do those belts have?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argas posted:

How much play do those belts have?

Quite a bit actually. They're basically a fancy rubber band.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quite a bit actually. They're basically a fancy rubber band.

That's good. Hopefully it stands up to more play than the HGUC Gouf Custom's ammo belt, which can flex but doesn't really stand up to play.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wonder if we're actually getting more WFM info, or if they're just gonna show the already announced kits again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
One of those series is Shin Mazinger Zero which hasn't had any kits, so it'll have at least one new thing.