Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://twitter.com/noiseman2454/status/1534254630271451136The crossover I never knew I always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
heh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bill Watkins (6)

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Damien's trip to Namek was great

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Novasol posted:

Missed the perfect opportunity to put that one kid that took the face shot in a Yamcha pose though

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Was that rockclimbing one a M:I2 reference or am I crazy?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Bazooka Bills voice absolutely slayed me. This was one of my favorite chapters in the manga and they elevated it beyond expectations.

Also love whenever Yor is just casually superhuman.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Bazooka Bills voice absolutely slayed me. This was one of my favorite chapters in the manga and they elevated it beyond expectations.

Also love whenever Yor is just casually superhuman.

Lmao that You didn't even teach Anya to do one of the most important things in her intense training which is how to actually throw a ball

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They clearly had a lot of fun making this episode.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Holy poo poo. They had an actual 'Namek arc DBZ' background during Damien's training montage.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Every option they could have used for Bill's voice would have been good, but they definitely picked the best one

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

This has GOT to be the most I've laughed watching this show to date. :laugh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Every option they could have used for Bill's voice would have been good, but they definitely picked the best one

The only better option would have been Wakamoto

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bill’s VA yelling “DADDY” in the most happy, high-pitched voice he could muster made me spit out my drink.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Only way I can describe that episode is just completely overflowing with love from the creative staff. They are having an absolute blast. :allears:

Bill Watkins (6) might be the funniest joke in the series yet and that's saying something.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Holy poo poo, this might be the best episode yet.

I loving love this show. It's already a serious contender for my 'favorite shows of all time' list

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Being Emil is suffering.

Pleasant surprise at Damian's arc this episode, he might actually become kinda cool with a little more maturity and humility.

Xelkelvos posted:

Lmao that You didn't even teach Anya to do one of the most important things in her intense training which is how to actually throw a ball

She did I think, the only issue was I think Anya faltered and placed her foot wrong at the end; probably due to the difference between the smooth floor of the gym vs the friction of the dirt/grass of the park. Anya just needed more ball throwing practice.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Bill's voice acting and how they went all in on the animation for this episode made a great chapter of the manga even better.

I'm getting real curious about how they are going to end this season though, this first part is 12 episodes right?
If the next episode is (manga spoilers)Anya getting a stella then Bond would be next, but one episode (or one and half if they cover both the stella and start of Bond's arc next week) doesn't seem like enough. Do they maybe split the Bond episodes up between seasons and end episode 12 on a cliffhanger?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
God that was a fun ep. Just chock full of amazing visual gags and nonstop ridiculous action. This show is so good.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Loid - "Are you also athletic, Yor?" (ALthough I have a feeling he's actually saying something like "are you also good at sports?"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Bill's voice acting and how they went all in on the animation for this episode made a great chapter of the manga even better.

I'm getting real curious about how they are going to end this season though, this first part is 12 episodes right?
If the next episode is (manga spoilers)Anya getting a stella then Bond would be next, but one episode (or one and half if they cover both the stella and start of Bond's arc next week) doesn't seem like enough. Do they maybe split the Bond episodes up between seasons and end episode 12 on a cliffhanger?

If I had to guess I'd say this cour ends with aquarium fun time, and next one adds Bond pretty early on so they can put him in the new opening/ED

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Being Emil is suffering.

Pleasant surprise at Damian's arc this episode, he might actually become kinda cool with a little more maturity and humility.

She did I think, the only issue was I think Anya faltered and placed her foot wrong at the end; probably due to the difference between the smooth floor of the gym vs the friction of the dirt/grass of the park. Anya just needed more ball throwing practice.

Note that in the training montage we never see Anya actually ever throwing a ball before she ever actually plays

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I no longer need to see any sports anime. I've now seen them all.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ok, the last one is also Rocky

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This was one of the all time best episodes of anime ever. I cracked up so many times.

Bill Watkins (6)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

The only better option would have been Wakamoto

They should have had him voice his dad.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Bill Watkins having a deep voice was the wrong choice...

Until you hear that boy excitedly exclaim "Daddy!" at which point it becomes clearr that there was no beyter choice that could have been made.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://i.imgur.com/EHkIGGH.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Pi0FLb7.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/FE2WID7.mp4

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ultimately it's for the better that Anya whiffed that ball throw. If she'd copied Yor too well, she'd definitely have gotten a Tonitrus bolt for pitching a ball straight through Bill Watkins (6)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bill Watkins (6) may be my favorite joke in anime period. I just absolutely died the first time I read it. I can't explain why but just is so out of left field that it gets me every time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the amount of work that went into animating this joke.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Bill Watkins (6) is so good

huge Moe (from calvin and hobbes) energy

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

They should have had him voice his dad.

His dad was the same VA right? Would have been funnier if it was the other meme-deep voice, the guy who did Gamagori I think.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
The thing is, we see why Anya's shot failed. She remembered every step... except the release.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Novasol posted:

This was some real "the anime is elevating the material" poo poo IMHO, and I already loved the comic

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Super Jay Mann posted:

Bill’s VA yelling “DADDY” in the most happy, high-pitched voice he could muster made me spit out my drink.

Came here to post this, it was fantastic

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL-Kb_RwjXA

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I thought that the next chapter after this was the glorious, dramatic bullet wound in the butt Saga. I really hope they don't skip it.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Sephyr posted:

I thought that the next chapter after this was the glorious, dramatic bullet wound in the butt Saga. I really hope they don't skip it.

It's an Extra chapter, and they already skipped over the other Extra chapter, with the aquarium. Dunno if they're going to do anything with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I refuse to believe that they will dare to deprive us of Yor having a date with Loyd, while being shot in the butt.