Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's always the possibility of flexible timing for "filler," or bonus OVA episodes for BD releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

narm00 posted:

It's an Extra chapter, and they already skipped over the other Extra chapter, with the aquarium. Dunno if they're going to do anything with them.

There is an aquarium in the op so i hope they visit an aquarium

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

I refuse to believe that they will dare to deprive us of Yor having a date with Loyd, while being shot in the butt.

There is a whole manga thread.

Can we stop with the I HOPE THEY DO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FROM THE MANGA chat in ongoing shows? Its obnoxious.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

There is a whole manga thread.

Can we stop with the I HOPE THEY DO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FROM THE MANGA chat in ongoing shows? Its obnoxious.

I mean, it was theorizing about the anime and anything about the manga was both properly under spoiler tags and obviously about the manga from non-spoiled context, so I thought there was no issue. But if it bothers people, then of course, I'll cut it out. :shrug:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Pointing out potential plots specifically from the manga, even under spoiler tags is against the rules, because it just leads to endless posting that looks like a declassified CIA document instead of talking about the media as presented.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
What I appreciate about Bill Watkins (age 6) is that there's still a dark undercurrent to his story. Training his body to the point of looking like an adult is funny at first until you learn he's being encouraged by his father to become a soldier for an ultranationalist army.

I hope he lives a good life

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

What I appreciate about Bill Watkins (age 6) is that there's still a dark undercurrent to his story. Training his body to the point of looking like an adult is funny at first until you learn he's being encouraged by his father to become a soldier for an ultranationalist army.

He's also a smart kid it seems, so I hope he gets to be a scientist.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Bill Watkins (6) will be on the newest Street Fighter roster and will cause arguments among fighting game nerds

disclaimer, I know nothing about fighting game meta

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The thing that utterly got me was the Anya standing still dodge. Tactical genius.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

theGrooseofLegend posted:

He goes to a nice school and the other kids in his class seem like good friends from how they consoled him after the match. So long as Twilight performs his mission to stop war from breaking out, I think Bill will turn out okay!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I imagine it's also kinda a reference to how the USSR would cheat at the Olympics by having "soldiers" training 24/7 to win gold medals.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/OROchuri/status/1536306640655622147?s=20&t=Hd4WAPJ5CTdwM7ntqM6v7w

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wait. I thought all shots above the shoulders wasn't allowed. Bill (6) should have been disqualified.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Wait. I thought all shots above the shoulders wasn't allowed. Bill (6) should have been disqualified.

they're all below *his* shoulders

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I mean the kid jumped in front of the ball to block it with his face. You can't blame Bill (6) for that one.

Though, yeah he should have been disqualified for throwing it at Anya after she tripped.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 14, 2022

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yor truly understands the nature of dog.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the Manga manga.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Yor truly understands the nature of dog.

If tiny dogs were able to just slit your throat like that, I am 100% convinced that most of them would do it in a heartbeat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There is nothing more powerful than a dog holding a knife their mouth.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Electric Phantasm posted:

What about a dog holding a knife that's also a grenade ala MD Geist? That said, this sounds like cat propaganda to me :hai:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eH2hXdpPBM

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

If tiny dogs were able to just slit your throat like that, I am 100% convinced that most of them would do it in a heartbeat.

Nah.

They'd go for the Achilles Tendons first, then slit your throat.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The kennel at the end. :(

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sadly that happens in real life all too often.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Except a sniper but that depends on what mission you're going on and the bond level that you have with each.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Except a sniper but that depends on what mission you're going on and the bond level that you have with each.

Yor would eat Quiet for breakfast.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anya's va doing all the voices in her imagination was very very good

also

we did it everyone! good job

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Raenir Salazar posted:

The kennel at the end. :(

Set-up for the second cour.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

Anya's va doing all the voices in her imagination was very very good

also

we did it everyone! good job

After seeing the Namek joke last week, this was a missed opportunity for a "Congratulations!" with the cast

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Congratulations Anya For not having your ribs broken by Yor's hug

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

That may be my favorite gag from the manga, bar none, and I was looking forward to see it animated.

Even with no blood, they did not disappoint.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://i.imgur.com/4eg0Bj8.mp4
Your feeling I can feel deeply, Anya.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Studying only gets harder as you get older. :(

I like how Anya basically went running probably the moment Loyld decided it was study time.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Anya's voice actress killed it this episode

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'll be honest my parents would be screaming if they saw me with that many F's. Glad Loid is better than that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Annointed posted:

I'll be honest my parents would be screaming if they saw me with that many F's. Glad Loid is better than that.

To be fair Anya is A) Six and B) Was living in an orphanage until like a month ago.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair Anya is A) Six and B) Was living in an orphanage until like a month ago.

Six is the high end estimate. She's more likely four or five. Which further explains the grades.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chiasaur11 posted:

Six is the high end estimate. She's more likely four or five. Which further explains the grades.

Loid doesn't know that, even presuming it's true. So it's not going to factor into how he treats Anya. He initially suspected it, and may even still do so, but Anya threw off his suspicions and he hasn't considered it since, so it's not something he's giving weight at the very least.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Some Numbers posted:

Anya's voice actress killed it this episode

Absolutely, and I feel like she had a lot of fun with this episode. She had a ton of variety to explore.

Also, my favorite part of the episode might have been Anya squirmming around in Loid's grasp. Lot of shows wouldn't bother with that, but it makes her feel like she's a little kid and I appreciate that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I hope though that she does make some progress in her grades soon though. :ohdear: