Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there any way to mass dispel glams?

Firebert posted:

aglaia sets are the best non-af sets they've added in a long time, can't wait 'til you can easily farm them

Really looking forward to what they for the next two raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's a dispell tab in the Glamour Plates UI, it's at the end of the regular plates and has a different color. It has checkboxes for each equipment slot, so you can exclude the glams you don't want to remove.

There isn't a mass-dispell option for stuff that isn't equipped, however.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Been blowing through sidequests over the past few days and it's made me remember how commonly the cutscene lighting in this game turns you into some kind of horrific nightmare creature.

Seems like a pretty normal catgirl. Only slightly defective

Dear GOD what is that, somebody call the exterminator

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Onean posted:

There's a dispell tab in the Glamour Plates UI, it's at the end of the regular plates and has a different color. It has checkboxes for each equipment slot, so you can exclude the glams you don't want to remove.

There isn't a mass-dispell option for stuff that isn't equipped, however.

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
In general I like the Aglaia sets but the STR and DEX sets are just awful for dyes, I don't understand why they set them to be fixed colors of the fabric and only the gold highlights/metal parts are dyeable, which looks terrible in most colors.

Caster/healer set is great though and at least the tank stuff dyes most of the gear because it's all gold in the first place.

Also in my experience farming ally raid gear is actually easier with the gear lockout because I don't have the entire party greedrolling against me (and winning). Nier raids were nonstop "oh the same dude won all the greed rolls this run, again, maybe next time" for me.

orcane fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 14, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

orcane posted:

Also in my experience farming ally raid gear is actually easier with the gear lockout because I don't have the entire party greedrolling against me (and winning). Nier raids were nonstop "oh the same dude won all the greed rolls this run, again, maybe next time" for me.

have you tried rolling better?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Going back to exp, outside of roulettes what else can I do for 50-70?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Squadrons!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ranni?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Queueing for the highest X1-X9 dungeon you can (X0 dungeons don't give great EXP), Palace of the Dead to 61 (specifically, resetting and repeating the checkpoint floors 51-60) and Heaven on High to 71 (floors 21-30 here) are options for group content. Edit: Oh, you could also do the weekly Wonderous Tales book from Khloe in Idyllshire, always worth 50% of your current level.

Squadrons to 61, Hunts, daily quests and side quests are solo options. You could grind FATEs, but those are honestly best done while also doing one of the other solo activities.

Aside from Squadrons, the solo options are best paired with waiting for the queue to pop for the group content. As for daily and side quests, the EXP is mediocre to piddly at those levels but it's something to do while waiting if you've already done or don't want to do your Hunts.

Onean fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 14, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

have you tried rolling better?
Emphasis on trying :v:

Of course, stuff still has to show up. The first time I saw the Fuma chest drop in LotA of all places was in patch 4.5 (alliance raid roulette was added in 4.1 and before that I regularly did the CT raids for the weekly aether thingy for animas).

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
"Hey, sweetie... Whatcha thinkin' about?"

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume there's some kind of ward immediately between the cart and hippo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

looks like we're gonna need hazmat glams

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Runa posted:

looks like we're gonna need hazmat glams

Already made one of these in order to play my toxic Frontlines main job, SMN.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1536634554475106304

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1536635809679323136

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1536637064866848770

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
new rabbit dropped

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

I wonder if this is going to lead up to anything. Info on 6.2, with the Loporrit tribe being added? Or maybe this is just a thing the Social Media team is doing and it isn't going anywhere.

I came across something else from Twitter. Someone did a Cameo request for the EN VA for Zenos, asking him about how he got the role and what inspired him:
https://twitter.com/_EgoCollective/status/1536462078332047363?t=6Eq7erV8lDlsdB5URNaDoA&s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/ff14_ridere/status/1536321943032725504

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Vargs posted:

lol that’s a good one

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vargs posted:

"You're in violation, citizen"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Onean posted:

I wonder if this is going to lead up to anything. Info on 6.2, with the Loporrit tribe being added? Or maybe this is just a thing the Social Media team is doing and it isn't going anywhere.

They said yesterday it was because there was a full moon today so it might just be a bit of fun.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Firebert posted:

aglaia sets are the best non-af sets they've added in a long time, can't wait 'til you can easily farm them

Aglaia sets are great but I'm kinda frustrated the Fending set is visibly and obviously metal over bare skin. It makes it harder to use in most armored looks.

The Maiming and Striking sets look so good though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Waffleman_ posted:

They said yesterday it was because there was a full moon today so it might just be a bit of fun.

Ah. That makes sense.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
There are still 10 personal houses available on Excal, one is even a medium. Who was complaining about the 6 wards not being enough? :v:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do the Tomestones of Aphorism have a use beyond the 570 gear?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

orcane posted:

There are still 10 personal houses available on Excal, one is even a medium. Who was complaining about the 6 wards not being enough? :v:

Is there a place where I can find a list of the biddable plots? Might as well take a flyer.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do the Tomestones of Aphorism have a use beyond the 570 gear?

You can buy rain to use in upgrading crafted 580 gear (classical whatever) to 590 (augmented classical gear). I forget which of those are dyeable if that matters to you.

Also mats for crafting of BiS DoH/DoL gear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like putting a Loporrit into a blue bird themed hive mind of misery and despair is a bad idea.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

is this loss

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

It’s clearly gain.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guess who has two thumbs and accidentally threw out 99 Astral Totems because I didn't realize I misclicked?

This stupid idiot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

Guess who has two thumbs and accidentally threw out 99 Astral Totems because I didn't realize I misclicked?

This stupid idiot.

Least that fight is easy

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Finally got to Storm Captain, now I just need to do four more command missions and then I never have to touch squadrons again. I could do the officer exchange thing but fuuuuuuck that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Least that fight is easy

That is the problem! It's so easy most people farmed it ages ago. :( (Myself included.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ImpAtom posted:

This stupid idiot.

Any chance you could open a ticket to have a GM restore the stack for you?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Any chance you could open a ticket to have a GM restore the stack for you?

I'm giving it a shot but my hopes are not high!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I believe the rule with item restorations is they'll do it once per account and then never again. Years ago I accidently clicked the "of Healing" gear from a vendor instead of "of Casting" and was able to get it reversed but the GM was very clear that this can't ever happen again and I'm up poo poo creek if I make that same mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Countblanc posted:

I believe the rule with item restorations is they'll do it once per account and then never again. Years ago I accidently clicked the "of Healing" gear from a vendor instead of "of Casting" and was able to get it reversed but the GM was very clear that this can't ever happen again and I'm up poo poo creek if I make that same mistake

Yep, it's once per account, period. I've diligently held on to mine, even after I accidentally turned a 1.5m glamor item into a bunch of GC seals, because you really wanna use it only when it's gonna be insanely costly to replace.