Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

DaveWoo posted:

dead ape bounce

You just don't get it. Dead ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single dead ape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
If only Harambe had slurp juice we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

everything happening has been foretold by the Rainbow Chart

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/hodlKRYPTONITE/status/1537604795456172032

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
it needs to plummet much more violently

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

so what you're saying is that there's a good fireworks show waiting for us once the price starts falling below 20k?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Salt Fish posted:

I started reading about celsius for the first time and the premise appears to be that you can borrow money from them at 1% APR, but if you loan money through them you get 17% returns.

lol

Wait I think I have an idea. I’ll take out a loan and loan it back to them! Please don’t share my idea tia Diamond jazz hands cross heart wink

What fine print?

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

I gotta say, I absolutely love the way they consider shitcoins to be "liquid assets" because you can trade them seamlessly... for other shitcoins

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

HolHorsejob posted:

I gotta say, I absolutely love the way they consider shitcoins to be "liquid assets" because you can trade them seamlessly... for other shitcoins

Diarrhea assets.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Jay Z shilling bitcoins to his old community.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jun/17/jay-z-bitcoin-school-marcy-houses

But lmao at this quote from one of the residents.

quote:

“Every dime I get got to go to rent, phone, TV, and internet. I don’t have money like that to be losing on. If I did, I would try to invest in something that’s more reliable, like the basketball game last night. You know I’m going to win something from that.”

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Does anyone still have the link to one of the first buttcoin raps from the early threads? It had lyrics like "look at me now mom, I'm making mad cheddar in the form of a Bitcoin" and "atlas shrugged and got hosed in the butt"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HolHorsejob posted:

In norm MacDonald voice

I thought you meant liquidity... Out of my rear end

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvJYgkBbCbs

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

It's being very stubborn about not going below 20k huh

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the buttbots are busy today

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Lol internet libertarians invented a technology explicitly for scamming and robbing people

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
We’ve got bitcoin all wrong, guys. We thought it was a horrible scam, but

:actually:

quote:

Why is this so profound?

I have been studying bitcoin for several months now trying to find any evidence or flaw in the design and history of this technology. The further you go down the rabbit hole, the more certain you become that BTC has the potential to change every facet of our current society and culture. The consequences of ingrained unquestioning of the monetary system has been all that we know. Repeated cycles of boom and bust whereas each bust is a bit worst than the previous one. Crisis after crisis, we find a way to generate more credit and kickstart the boom cycle to avoid short term pain and systemic collapse.

We have existed only knowing an inflationary way of doing things. More credit, more consumption, and more capital that constantly loses its purchasing power are all supposedly the signs of a healthy economy? How come we assume as truth that a 2% inflation target is what a healthy economy needs? Are we really that confident deflationary capital that incentivizes us to save rather than spend, would surely be the downfall of our global economy?

We cant conceive of a deflationary reality because we assume that monetary technology and systems never can or will change.

Modern economics has neglected the very fabric of the system in which it attempts to model and predict. This is akin to a marine biologist studying all the different ways in which fish interact and behave while never even for a loving second asking what is water. The degenerate economist will never question money itself, it will only ever question the ways in which we distribute and allocate that money. Couldn't the nature of the money be the problem? Could this nature dictate how we deal with policy and economic issues in ways we are not even fully conscious of?

What if money had no centralized entity that could arbitrarily decide supply, or if there was no centralized authority deciding who gets a loan and who does not?

BTC does not care if you are black, white, woman, man, republican, democrat, liberal, conservative. BTC represents a different future. I am still unsure of the outcome, but it must surely be better than this slow decay. Why not at least try to operate differently? Let us return to human creativity and ingenuity to propel us forward. We are explorers by nature and this pursuit is too critical to not adventure in.

What we are currently in is late stage fiat degenerate capitalism. What if there was a pure form of capitalism whereas it merely served as a stage for ideas to flourish and compete with one another? Without the pressures and incentives of profit but with the incentives of aesthetics and creation?

What if there was a way to buy more time so we as humans can focus on these ventures? What if the money we held, grew in value, and not diminished in value? Coupling this capital with the natural deflationary pressures of technological advancement could certainly propel us to a new age no? An age characterized by having more time and less things. An age characterized by incentivizing long term value creation as opposed to short term gain. Those willing to take risk and be capitalists would be able to do so without loving someone over that chose not to take that risk.

If you go deep enough, you seize to be political because left and right become the same. Each side appealing to their respective pathos while ignoring the underlying systemic issue. Frank Zappa said it best: Politicians are the entertainment division of industry. When industry is placed in a system that incentivizes short time horizons and an inflationary spirit, industry and thereby its politicians will advocate for short term relief (either through social program spending or through less spending and less taxes).

BTC has the potential to restructure our power dynamics and greatly equalize the playing field. Will there be early winners (mostly us who "invested" in this)? Sure. But could this greatly benefit humanity in ways we cant even conceive of yet? Yes.

Sorry for the rambling thoughts. BTC is more than a speculative vehicle. It represents a tiny glimmer of hope in a very hosed up world

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's few things smugger than a buttcoiner quoting Frank Zappa.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

coolusername posted:

quote:

The degenerate economist will never question money itself, it will only ever question the ways in which we distribute and allocate that money.

This was the point where I've realised that the whole text works just as well after replacing "bitcoin/BTC" with "plasmids".

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Hughmoris posted:

Putting in $1mil to return $12k.
lol at that point just stick that poo poo in a savings account with any bank, hell you'd probably be able to negotiate a better rate than 1.2% with a million bucks to deposit. Sure you'll have to wait a whole year for your return, but there's next to zero chance of your money vanishing in a number of hilarious ways.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

coolusername posted:

What would happen is that rich people would control all the wealth and decide who can get some.
And states would have even less capacity or reason to distribute it more evenly.
That is pretty profoundly bad, yes

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

coolusername posted:

quote:

I have been studying bitcoin for several months now trying to find any evidence or flaw in the design and history of this technology.
Must not, and I'm being charitable here, be a particularly gifted student if he (I'm reasonably confident I can safely assume gender in this instance) still has not found any flaws in bitcoin's design. Which explains the use of the phrase "the degenerate economist", I suppose.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Moving to Montana soon. Gonna be a DeFi tycoon

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
So it’s pretty clear that the writer thinks inflation is caused purely from a central bank printing money and absolutely nothing else but I’m struggling in the logic that stopping the practice or even preventing inflation for that matter would turn the world into a communist utopia where nobody cares about profits anymore and also everyone is satisfied living with less things? And racism ends?

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Jim DiGriz posted:

This was the point where I've realised that the whole text works just as well after replacing "bitcoin/BTC" with "plasmids".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8KtmFWoJfs

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Cyks posted:

So it’s pretty clear that the writer thinks

Yeah he shouldn't do that

quote:

I’m struggling in the logic

Yeah you really shouldn't try to follow him, it leads nowhere

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Sombrerotron posted:

Which explains the use of the phrase "the degenerate economist", I suppose.

Entartete Ökonom

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
a mandatory deflationary currency might be a net positive for the world, everyone just sits on their hoard waiting for value to go up as society winds down, nature would have time to heal

too bad in practice you'd probably end up with warlords going from compound to compound forcefully negotiating themselves to people's keys

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

GoutPatrol posted:

Does anyone still have the link to one of the first buttcoin raps from the early threads? It had lyrics like "look at me now mom, I'm making mad cheddar in the form of a Bitcoin" and "atlas shrugged and got hosed in the butt"

Goon Stick Figure Mafia did that, but deleted it off youtube at some point. Maybe getting harassed by bitcoiners? He still posts, you could pm him and ask to put it up somewhere.

It's about time someone gave a break to the white man / so get in line and give your praise to Ayn Rand is one of the greatest bars ever written imo.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
If bitcoin dies where will all the sexy lady bots go?

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Celsius users are now invoking the Tinkerbelle effect to enable withdrawals:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CelsiusNetwork/comments/ve0gno/i_will_keep_saying_this_the_only_way_to_get_your/

Remember when you had to "be nice" to your bank for them to let you withdraw your funds?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Without turning into a ghostty bullshit scenario, we're basically looking at a bullish rsi divergence on 4h for btc & eth based on the CME chart and there are gaps above us (27k, 35k) that may fill in the process. So yeah. I'm not really doing special technicals, just the same poo poo people use on anything else.

Thus - it's possible to see 27k, maybe 29 for a perfect tap of technical resistance (4H 200ma) and then down to 12. We could see 18k before this happens as well.

TLDR: it could go up or down but maybe a little bit up first.

I mean the entire stock market (not just crypto) is basically bearish right now as rates keep going up, and on top of that we have massive tether redemptions for cash which historically happened in 2018 near the bottom. But at times the people manipulating crypto do flip that narrative and move up btc price on justification that it counters inflation (which it obviously doesn't).

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Without turning into a ghostty bullshit scenario, we're basically looking at a bullish rsi divergence on 4h for btc & eth based on the CME chart and there are gaps above us (27k, 35k) that may fill in the process. So yeah. I'm not really doing special technicals, just the same poo poo people use on anything else.

Thus - it's possible to see 27k, maybe 29 for a perfect tap of technical resistance (4H 200ma) and then down to 12. We could see 18k before this happens as well.

TLDR: it could go up or down but maybe a little bit up first.

I mean the entire stock market (not just crypto) is basically bearish right now as rates keep going up, and on top of that we have massive tether redemptions for cash which historically happened in 2018 near the bottom. But at times the people manipulating crypto do flip that narrative and move up btc price on justification that it counters inflation (which it obviously doesn't).

Very in-depth technical analysis
For a clown to wear
To the circus
Coin-haver

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
ha, either way just get popcorn ready for 18k. No matter what bullshit we'll see that soon enough.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Looks like Babel finance is up next after 3 Arrows

https://babel.finance/article-views.html?id=50

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Looks like Babel finance is up next after 3 Arrows

https://babel.finance/article-views.html?id=50

lol

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Another day, another 9 AM crash down $1000 for butts.

Seriously this is becoming regular.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Oh poo poo it keeps dropping. 20500 right now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The lower it drops the more people will be able to buy in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

It’s funny because you see Hollywood representations of the 2008 crash and how the people running the companies are seemingly trying to save their jobs and corporations.

In these same conditions, I can’t see the people running these scams doing anything but cutting, running and laughing on the way to whatever non-extradition paradise they plan to live in with their stolen money.