Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Brad never lost it but no one cares about him. He's the muck scum equivalent of a tree falling in the woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Robin Hood Jones over here

https://twitter.com/maxthademon2/status/1529580176434241536

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your post

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gonna break from the years quantity posts and simply say that he looks like he's become his own disappointed father

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I think it’s something in the Florida water. Also rots your brain

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

GUNTHER and his son WALTER sitting around outside without shirts extremely Europeanly, arguing about treats until the situation escalates into chops

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1537918443957104646

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/bernardomayne/status/1537920402235592707

Chris Benoit is History's Greatest Hero and I don't know how to accept that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wrong thread

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Sasha Banks being released has led to a deluge of mostly insane takes that she's a cookie cutter replaceable talent (she isn't) but then also this

https://twitter.com/ItzPHSavageWolf/status/1537958016426778624?t=1A7_coVHMTSP5ehrqHopYg&s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

his legacy and contribution to this buzz

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

Sasha Banks being released has led to a deluge of mostly insane takes that she's a cookie cutter replaceable talent (she isn't) but then also this

https://twitter.com/ItzPHSavageWolf/status/1537958016426778624?t=1A7_coVHMTSP5ehrqHopYg&s=19

Also she didn't die we will still see her wrestle

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Shard posted:

Also she didn't die we will still see her wrestle

Lots of people have convinced themselves she's just gonna go act or something even though she loves wrestling and literally asked for her release a few years ago because she wanted to go to AEW

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Lots of people have convinced themselves she's just gonna go act or something even though she loves wrestling and literally asked for her release a few years ago because she wanted to go to AEW

She might, but the real reason is because they don't comprehend the idea of someone going to The Enemy because they view all personell in the company as having the same passion for the company they do and loyalty. They don't realise that its a job and in sports team logic people come and go all the time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she might want to go act and come back with leverage to be able to maintain a certain bookstyle. wwe is the dream...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The sheer volume of people who I've seen post "I think she's going to Hollywood, but maybe she'll do a Japan run if she really wants to scratch that wrestling itch!" is soooooo funny. Those are only two paths I can see Sasha Banks going down for some reason!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

so they think she hates the idea of being employed by WWE, but would never do something as shameful as work for a competitor of WWE?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Tweak posted:

so they think she hates the idea of being employed by WWE, but would never do something as shameful as work for a competitor of WWE?

Yes. These people expect WWE wrestlers to be 100% loyal to WWE for life no matter what happens. Even if WWE fires you, you're supposed to just sit by the phone and wait for the call to get re-hired. Anything else is DISLOYAL BETRAYEL OF VINCE AND EVERY WRESTLING FAN.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seeing soooo many people taking this release to mean she's now retired.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dean ambrose is retiring from wrestling and is gonna go into acting, it's what he's wanted to do for a while

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Davros1 posted:

Seeing soooo many people taking this release to mean she's now retired.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1090373494993498117?lang=en

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Tweak posted:

I don't even think it's that; there's just a weird mental block some people have where they don't realize that, outside of WWE, there is an insanely big gap between AEW and the next closest competitor in terms of being an appealing workplace for most professional wrestlers who reside in America.

It's kind of the same phenomenon that has people going "Oh I'd love to see them go to Impact, they should go to Impact! Or maybe NJPW Strong!" for big name free agent men's singles wrestlers, even though nearly three years of history has shown that the vast majority of the time, the only reason those guys don't end up in AEW is because AEW doesn't want to sign them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't know about some wwe person being aware of njpw strong without mindfully sidestepping aew. oh you're talking about people who are fans of that stuff not bringing up aew, not the same people. that's why you made a comparison to it. if it was the same people you owuldn't have made that comparison. sorry for being a Dumb rear end piece of trash.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Impact also doesn't pay poo poo and people gotta realize that. I want to say it was Yuta who got offered a full-time contract with Impact and turned it down because a per-appearance Tier 0 AEW contract was better money. AEW's really the only one who can afford premium free agents unless they're willing to take a big pay cut

Like it's definitely possible Sasha wants to go do something else but especially if the lawyer story is true, that seems like something you do if you want to keep wrestling rather than just go to another industry entirely. And she walked out in the first place because she wanted to work a good wrestling program and wasn't being allowed to, which does not suggest to me someone who wants to quit wrestling

Idk though, guess we'll see. Maybe she's not even released yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like it's definitely possible Sasha wants to go do something else but especially if the lawyer story is true, that seems like something you do if you want to keep wrestling rather than just go to another industry entirely.

Not disagreeing but we do know how traditionally strict (only moreso over the recent years, too) they are about outside stuff including Twitch that they have no control in, and I wouldn't be so quick to rule out acting being included for everyone except the big names they can't control, especially with how hesitant they are at having more Cenas/Dwaynes who realize they can leave because of it

John Morrison loves acting and it's heavily implied he had to stop that/couldn't accept new gigs during his brief time back. Only an already-filmed show came out during that time with him in it. He's already filmed a miniseries and taken another indie role since being fired https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1320717/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Not disagreeing but we do know how traditionally strict (only moreso over the recent years, too) they are about outside stuff including Twitch that they have no control in, and I wouldn't be so quick to rule out acting being included for everyone except the big names they can't control, especially with how hesitant they are at having more Cenas/Dwaynes who realize they can leave because of it

John Morrison loves acting and it's heavily implied he had to stop that/couldn't accept new gigs during his brief time back. Only an already-filmed show came out during that time with him in it. He's already filmed a miniseries and taken another indie role since being fired https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1320717/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Yeah I'm not a contract lawyer or anything so it's entirely dumb layman's speculation on my part regardless, but the Twitch ban and restrictions on other media appearances seem like the kind of thing that are at least partially enforced via the pressure of continued employment, how you're booked and whether you're booked at all, etc. If you've already walked out with the intention of quitting wrestling and going to work in another industry, none of that stuff matters anymore, so WWE's ability to restrict it seems like it comes down to the contract and while this is a demon cracker nation that hates workers, it still seems like a stretch that WWE could impede you from working outside of wrestling under your own name

Considering how legally shaky that poo poo is even within the industry, setting yourself up for a disgruntled employee who doesn't give a gently caress about their next stint as an "independent contractor" to blow the whole thing up in order to get out seems insane. Of course yes, Vince is insane, so it remains totally possible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

this tweet is right

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alaois posted:

dean ambrose is retiring from wrestling and is gonna go into acting, it's what he's wanted to do for a while

- Andrade's gonna join his brother in ROH!

- Miro's a streamer now!

- KENTA's going back to NOAH!

- Kairi's done with wrestling!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this tweet is right

https://twitter.com/King_CurP/status/1537966789618855937?t=2ArrmLtOMV8QFieJc_XRnQ&s=19

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Is this the person that seems to think a wrestler's overness is defined entirely by how many simps they have on instagram?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This is an entirely different person with the same opinion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

This is an entirely different person with the same opinion.

See, her fandom has doubled in less than a week! If her popularity continues to grow at these trends she'll be the biggest star in wrestling!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Faith Jefferies was one of the top wrestling stars before even joining wwe. same with that guy that kisses cody's rear end all the time. I bel ieve he's one of the following: green lantern, the flash from tv and not the flash in the news, green hornet, hawkman

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cavauro thank you for using your tweet to sensitively acknowledge the terrible allegations against the bad Flash.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I'm morbidly curious what Braun gets paid by CYN

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Manwithastick posted:

I'm morbidly curious if Braun gets paid by CYN

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

EC3 is paying him in CYN Dollars, and each CYN Dollar will be worth five British pounds.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Brexit has truly controlled England's narrative.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

History Comes Inside! posted:

EC3 is paying him in CYN Dollars, and each CYN Dollar will be worth five British pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol