Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

epic etrian gamer: "two party members in the front line and 3 in the back. this dragoon sits in the center back so shes surrounded by everyone else. she the boss of the party and shes a lady so shes named boss lady and orders everyone else around from her little dragoon bunkers"

this but my sovereign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got everyone to level 52, rested, and applied all the subclasses. Will spend these 285 skill points tomorrow.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FF7R is amazing as hell, all of the cutscenes and pre-rendered backgrounds are true to life

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1538869963036971008?s=20&t=up7gIWqlhXsgvS_uC4ZpQA

who else is ready for a huge helping of Xenoblade 3 info

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
xenoblade ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

elf help book posted:

xenoblade ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

let's go. even though I still kinda want to put arcanist in there somewhere... going with this

ok i went looking and i lost all my notes :negative:

but i loaded up the game to check nd went with

hero/harbinger (afterimage spam hero and passive healing, harbinger just for phys attack/def and hp up)
pugilist/ninja (heavy bind combo pugilist, ninja for status atk up)
nightseeker/landsknecht (ailment exploit nightseeker, landsknecht for some passives)
zodiac/medic i named jughead (straight up zodiac poo poo, i gave him medic for group refresh/unbind and a free skill point)
arcanist harbinger (aoe ailments, harbinger for ailment increase miasma and status atk up)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ok i went looking and i lost all my notes :negative:

but i loaded up the game to check nd went with

hero/harbinger (afterimage spam hero and passive healing, harbinger just for phys attack/def and hp up)
pugilist/ninja (heavy bind combo pugilist, ninja for status atk up)
nightseeker/landsknecht (ailment exploit nightseeker, landsknecht for some passives)
zodiac/medic i named jughead (straight up zodiac poo poo, i gave him medic for group refresh/unbind and a free skill point)
arcanist harbinger (aoe ailments, harbinger for ailment increase miasma and status atk up)

Nice...sounds like it's time to continue the playthrough.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

does Dragon's Dogma have a point of no return?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kind of, but it also has a bunch of points where certain side quests become in completable. Usually after a set of wyrm hunt quests or set of quests for the duke

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I don't care much about quests in general, I think they're one of the weaker parts of the game. I just want to be able to explore the world and fight dudes, but maybe I want to fight the dragon before I go to Bitterblack

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah if you want to see everything in one run you have to keep your eyes peeled. You do have to do the dlc dungeon before the dragon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

You do have to do the dlc dungeon before the dragon.

No you don't.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

There is both a post-game, and infinite New Game +. There's one missable dungeon, everything else missable is just quests or NPCs who wander off

You can technically new game + in the middle of the run, just toggle back and forth from hard mode

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah if you want to see everything in one run you have to keep your eyes peeled. You do have to do the dlc dungeon before the dragon.

What? The DLC is intended for post-dragon lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that explains why I found it so brutally hard. Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

lol

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Larry Parrish posted:

lol that not realizing every plane in ace combat has a minigun was not an isolated incident

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Frank posted:

lol that not realizing every plane in ace combat has a minigun was not an isolated incident

im really stupid, and i stubbornly refuse to look stuff up if the game doesn't directly tell me until I've wasted a lot of time on it even when it's something like basic controls lol. i beat almost the whole game without ever using the gun though, it was only a problem on one of the boss fights against the drone carrier

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
im pretty sure there is an achievement for doing a playthrough without using the guns though so maybe it worked out

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I gambled on the meteor skill on my zodiac in EO Nexus, pretty much went all in to it on respec and its the shittiest skill ever. So now the zodiac is gaining two levels all by himself so he can rest again

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Imagine beating a comically difficult game, one you've sweat and bled over, and an achievement pops like "finished the game without [jumping/using magic/upgrading your skills]!" because you forgot to talk to one tutorial guy or something.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Imagine beating a comically difficult game, one you've sweat and bled over, and an achievement pops like "finished the game without [jumping/using magic/upgrading your skills]!" because you forgot to talk to one tutorial guy or something.

Yeah it would be super epic to be Pannenkoek.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

YggiDee posted:

i got most of the way through super mario rpg before figuring out there was a run button

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i played about 8 hours of the longest journey before realizing I could double click to run

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

i played about 8 hours of the longest journey before realizing I could double click to run

an even longer journey

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Harrow posted:

an even longer journey

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Harrow posted:

an even longer journey

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Longest Journey is Larry walking from the living room to the kitchen. Because he’s tiny

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

an even longer journey

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Harrow posted:

an even longer journey

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008