Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

I hope though that she does make some progress in her grades soon though. :ohdear:

You dare doubt Starlight Anya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TwoPair posted:

Pride cometh before the fall, etc. etc.

Becky's reaction to that was spot on. After Anya refused to answer to her regular name and Becky's all..."you're really leaning into it, huh?"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It is cute and realistic for the other kids to constantly look down on Anya from jealousy. Glad Damien did his act to prove his worth.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh wow, next episode is the 'finale' according to crunchyroll

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tunicate posted:

Oh wow, next episode is the 'finale' according to crunchyroll

It's taking a cour off but it'll be back with the rest of the season in the fall.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
They're doing a panel at Anime Expo next week, so it's likely they'll announce the start of the second half then, if not sooner.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Arist posted:

It's taking a cour off but it'll be back with the rest of the season in the fall.

So I need to wait to read the Manga until January. :woop:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Wow

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Loylds shirt he's wearing is probably meant to go with the mariner theme of their outing to the aquarium but it's also the shirt commonly worm by Soviet /Russian navy infantry and vdv/spetsnaz. I wonder if that's intentional.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Pinwiz11 posted:

So I need to wait to read the Manga until January. :woop:

You should be safe to read the first two volumes now.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The animation this episode felt kinda satisfying to watch, but I'm not sure why or at least I can't put it in words.

Also trailer for Cour 2 airing in October

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMVROL47fw

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

accurate depiction of the speed an excited child moves.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
wow

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Loid is such a good papa.

Is there any reason for why the anime is taking a cour off?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
To give the animators time to work properly and not just shove a hurried mess out the door to meet a schedule, I would assume.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Never

https://twitter.com/fikkyun/status/1540636177702989825?t=4kPBCoF2jM4cogQaMoXmcw&s=19

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
This show is just so goddamn wholesome and sweet :kimchi:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally, with the addition of Penguinman, the gang's all here

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yor loving ended that man. She's a good mama, Loid's a good papa.

I really hope they don't change the OP/EP when the show comes back. They're perfect as is, and everything that follows will be less so

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I really hope they don't change the OP/EP when the show comes back. They're perfect as is, and everything that follows will be less so

Same same. Spy has the best OP this season, tho I think Kaguya has the better EP. Both are SSR in terms of production regardless.

Assume we'll hear more details about S2 (not part 2) at the end of the year?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
wow

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The funny thing is that since Anya is actually super invested in Loylds spycraft and thinks its rad, she actually I would suspect has no issue with loyld not giving her as much attention I feel the typical child would want. As long as she can get the after action report aftwards! Such as when loyld came back with the gift and cover story. So much of today's adventure was really more about appearances though Anya I'm sure enjoys and appreciates the outing as well. As long as she gets some attention, care and interaction she's probably pretty good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

For the Forgers, every day is Take Your Daughter To Work Day

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Episode was cute as heck but was this based on an Omake chapter? Feels disconnected from the plot and more like sort of like a pilot for a tv show, or a manga proof of concept one shot, for that matter.

Also

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

Episode was cute as heck but was this based on an Omake chapter? Feels disconnected from the plot and more like sort of like a pilot for a tv show, or a manga proof of concept one shot, for that matter.

Also

Yeah two of them to be exact.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Reexplaining the pitch has happened twice, it seems unneeded and i wonder if this was planned to start cour 2

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tunicate posted:

Reexplaining the pitch has happened twice, it seems unneeded and i wonder if this was planned to start cour 2

I also thought that was weird at this point

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah it was kind of weird to have this as the last episode for this season when the previous episode had setup for dog.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Assume it's pacing setup for part 2, and they're not going to pull a Hinamatsuri on us.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Tunicate posted:

This episode seemed like the perfect "sell someone on the show" episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think I've vaguely seen this sort of setup before, where the last episode kinda repeats the gist of the first episode but in a way that conveys how the characters have grown since that first episode?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Electric Phantasm posted:

The animation this episode felt kinda satisfying to watch, but I'm not sure why or at least I can't put it in words.

This episode was actually outsourced (at least in major part) to Studio Madhouse and they seemed to have fun with it. A lot of visually appealing cuts in this episode. "Wow".

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
They made Parles cry and they must pay

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Pretty sure that one guy paid with most of his teeth.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Kicking a dude so hard he ages 40 years.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The left image looks like something out of Baki.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

sorry for brands, but that's a pretty good shirt

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1541926974351970313?s=20&t=qyP9GR_WNJxD1VBnakwZBA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You didn't post the smug Anya on the inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://youtu.be/F-KJSOungfQ

Loid's gonna be in a Jump+ crossover video game