Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I don't suppose you can build a 6980 Galaxy Commander with a few of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Galaxy Commander had blue canopies and was blue/white rather than blue/light gray iirc, so probably not, sadly.

I would definitely like to see a more modern, sleeker take on it myself. Had it as a kid and most of the pieces are now gone missing or broken/irreparably damaged.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

good lord

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfA16w6JpLQ/?hl=en

Everyone who preordered the 10497 Galaxy Explorer bout to order a second to build a fleet.
OK buying two lol. I couldn't convince myself to get the new BMW bike, it's just too much right now.

Edit: out of stock

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 21, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Whoa...preorders out of stock? That's crazy.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of classic space, the local goodwill had a bin of bulk lego for sale the other day!

Lotta newer sets in there too, looks like a kid got their parent's old legos, mixed it in with theirs, and the whole thing got donated along with some other miscellaneous toys mixed in... now to see if I can figure out what all is in there!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goddamn that's a score. Those angled windows are insanely fragile, none of mine survived childhood.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Youtube just fed me this video of an interview with two designers of the Galaxy Explorer and Lion Knights' Castle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onr3JQICOi4

Which showed off all three variants on the Galaxy Explorer and goes through some of the aspects of the other two builds. It seems the instructions for the other two will be available online.

Chris Knight posted:

OK buying two lol. I couldn't convince myself to get the new BMW bike, it's just too much right now.

Edit: out of stock

Pre-orders are still available for me. Are you in the US or Canada?

Wow what a freaking lucky haul. I'm jealous!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sucks that the galaxy explorer alt builds don't have different #s on them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They also made the brick 1x6 so you can't even dig up an original and swap it in.

Well I guess you can, it'll still fit but the size will be "wrong."

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Knowing the aftermarket, I'd bet you'll be able to buy 1x6 pad printed bricks with different numbers about a month after the set drops.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

Pre-orders are still available for me. Are you in the US or Canada?
Canada. After my order they emailed to say it was it out of stock and back ordered. Idk

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Oh! You're most likely fine, that's the default email that Lego seems to send out with pre-orders. I got the same one when I placed my pre-order at 1:45 PM on Saturday.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but there are Avatar sets coming, and the Na'Vi minifigs are...well, they're something else:

I find the long legs weirdly disturbing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Taskmaster ideas submission passed 10,000 votes, so they should definitely give Greg the long legs.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but there are Avatar sets coming, and the Na'Vi minifigs are...well, they're something else:

I, for one, am glad that LEGO is depicting their prehensile USB sex organs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Moonlight posted:

I, for one, am glad that LEGO is depicting their prehensile USB sex organs.

There is nothing anywhere but the horny internet to indicate they are sex organs

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Does anyone know of any good Doctor Who custom minifigs? I want to grab a few more/complete my collection of incarnations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Does anyone know of any good Doctor Who custom minifigs? I want to grab a few more/complete my collection of incarnations.

These ones are very close to the Lego Dimensions minifigs

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The Bloop posted:

There is nothing anywhere but the horny internet to indicate they are sex organs

That and the original script.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

These ones are very close to the Lego Dimensions minifigs

Why did they give 9 a cloth piece to simulate a long coat (which he didn't wear), but not 10? :psyduck:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I got to see the new Samurai X mech in person today, and as someone who got into modern Lego after an extended break via mechs (specifically, another Samurai X mech), I was sorely tempted to run down the store and pick it up rather than wait for a reasonable discount. I love everything about it. The colours, the fact that it's very bulky compared to other mechs in that size range, the wide range of articulation (especially on the knees) and the amazing line of minifigs that comes with it are all great.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Lol, these look extremely bootleg for some reason.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Extremely cursed looking.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Those long legs aren't new. They were used for Woody and Jessie in the Toy Story sets from 2010ish, but they worked then since the arms were longer and the heads were bigger:

They look really weird on what are otherwise pretty normal figs though.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Really digging this new Optimus Prime!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Really digging this new Optimus Prime!

:lol:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Oh hell yeah! I just got a 80021 Monkie Kid's Lion Guardian with a messed up box for 40% off. I've been wanting to check out the theme but the price difference has always seemed far too steep for me.

Although the minimidifigs are weird, I really do enjoy the tree quite a bit. Good thing it'll be infinitely cheaper to recreate (an improve) by itself, gently caress that price tag.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just realized August 1st is gonna be an expensive day for me. Galaxy Explorer, Viking Longship, and James Bond's car. That's like $250.
:homebrew:

Luckily there haven't been that many other sets I've wanted this year. Still feels wild to drop that much on one day. I've only done it once, buying the ghostbusters HQ.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 23, 2022

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I mean, nobody forces you to buy them on day one. The kits will be available for months or years.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tarquinn posted:

I mean, nobody forces you to buy them on day one. The kits will be available for months or years.

"available" might be pushing it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm wondering when the GE will actually be on shelves. At its price point, it's going to fly off shelves. And into reseller hands.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

deoju posted:

Just realized August 1st is gonna be an expensive day for me. Galaxy Explorer, Viking Longship, and James Bond's car. That's like $250.

Luckily there haven't been that many other sets I've wanted this year. Still feels wild to drop that much on one day. I've only done it once, buying the ghostbusters HQ.

Viking Longship has been available on Zavvi at a $20 discount for like two weeks, fyi. I posted about it previously. Already got one stashed away for my boy.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

RatHat posted:

"available" might be pushing it

Yeah I'm assuming GE will be the same as Tallneck, which still is basically out of stock 99% of the time, even though it's been a couple of months since the release. With the preorders for Galaxy Explorer this one will probably be even worse and I wonder if it's just going to go directly to "out of stock" when it releases like it has happened with some sets before which had a VIP only purchase window before the "general" availability.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

ivantod posted:

Yeah I'm assuming GE will be the same as Tallneck, which still is basically out of stock 99% of the time, even though it's been a couple of months since the release. With the preorders for Galaxy Explorer this one will probably be even worse and I wonder if it's just going to go directly to "out of stock" when it releases like it has happened with some sets before which had a VIP only purchase window before the "general" availability.

I finally saw a Tallneck in the wild at Target yesterday, and when I grabbed it to throw it in my cart there was a huge gouge in the box. Only one they had too. One day :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

esperantinc posted:

I finally saw a Tallneck in the wild at Target yesterday, and when I grabbed it to throw it in my cart there was a huge gouge in the box. Only one they had too. One day :(

It was probably an online return, I don’t think the Tallneck is normally sold in Target stores. I’d put down 5 bucks that the Aloy minifig was missing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ivantod posted:

To be fair the Tallneck is probably because they underestimated the demand for it. I’m sure they know how popular the Galaxy Explorer will be

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

deoju posted:

My wishlist is almost 4000€.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just bought the buzz light-year thing as well as a 3in1 plane and car. This is all of your fault.