Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gently caress Atori. Sabnock just figured out he'll be the dad figure of the misfits and adopted two kohai and this fucker just rolls in. I don't expect Sabnock will get Purson'd but holy crap next week can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brought To You By posted:

gently caress Atori. Sabnock just figured out he'll be the dad figure of the misfits and adopted two kohai and this fucker just rolls in. I don't expect Sabnock will get Purson'd but holy crap next week can't come fast enough.

I kind of figured this rear end in a top hat would be the one to ruin things since Iruma can neutralize Kalego. Still hoping they eke out a win, but will be unsurprised when this guy just ruins the mood by finishing everyone at the last moment.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It does feel like he is showing his hand too early and will thus be picked off.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Congratulations to Sabnock!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The spiky head dude totally intercepted the hit

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think there's a decent chance of Atori getting his comeuppance in this arc. Yes, he's an experienced demon who's playing a little rougher than the real Bablys teachers, but I'm not convinced that he fully grasps how dangerous the people he's screwing with are. Dude's way too cocky.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

One thing that would really make this arc amazing for me is if this whole event turns out to be a trap for Atori (and by extension, Shiida). While this is still something the teachers came up with to take the Misfits down a peg, Sullivan and Balam use this as a chance to test Atori and Shiida's characters. In a high-energy and low-stakes event like this, Balam must be watching what the two will do, and Atori's already letting his real personality slip through.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

One thing that would really make this arc amazing for me is if this whole event turns out to be a trap for Atori (and by extension, Shiida). While this is still something the teachers came up with to take the Misfits down a peg, Sullivan and Balam use this as a chance to test Atori and Shiida's characters. In a high-energy and low-stakes event like this, Balam must be watching what the two will do, and Atori's already letting his real personality slip through.

It would be great seeing Atori being taken down a peg. Especially if it is done by Kalego in his adorable form.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

amigolupus posted:

Page one, next chapter, Sullivan is effortlessly holding back Atori's blow, saying "I see you've finally shown your hand..."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. No way you end a chapter on a flashy attack that is obscured by a flash or special effect of some sort without something intercepting it

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Seek Evil

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Lets.

loving.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blaster:

I've been waiting to see his Wicked Phase since the Harvest Festival. Just pure death incarnate.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He did a reverse super saiyan.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
After all my complaints about the teachers taking this exercise too far, it would be hilarious if this is just the end of the battle sequence and the rest of the volume is a highly-emotional series of arguments about whether the teachers brought this outcome upon themselves, or whether Sabnock should be expelled, executed, or promoted for murdering an instructor.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rand Brittain posted:

After all my complaints about the teachers taking this exercise too far, it would be hilarious if this is just the end of the battle sequence and the rest of the volume is a highly-emotional series of arguments about whether the teachers brought this outcome upon themselves, or whether Sabnock should be expelled, executed, or promoted for murdering an instructor.

I'd rate the odds that rear end in a top hat here is dead at close to 0%.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/8470cc7f-0637-42bc-9edd-c6b86a50b419/1

I am so excited to see Balam kick this fuckers rear end.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gently caress HIM UP

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

He hosed up real bad. I'm starting to wonder when we're going to see why Shiida is one of the 6 Fingers because so far it seems like she actually wants to help people.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

HerraS posted:

gently caress HIM UP

:hai:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hunt11 posted:

I am so excited to see Balam kick this fuckers rear end.
I'm of the opposite thought.

Balam showing up alone here gives me the dread feeling he's about to get worfed and maybe even killed by this fucker.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Balam showing up alone here gives me the dread feeling he's about to get worfed and maybe even killed by this fucker.

Dude was already getting significantly challenged by a student using an unfamiliar power for the first time, Balam is one of Bablys's top fighters alongside Kalego (who we know is an absolute loving monster when he's not getting clowned by Iruma and Opera), and we've only had a small taste of what our gargoyle buddy can really do when he goes all-out. Atori is just walking fertiliser now.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Balam fighting all-out will almost certainly alert Opera and Sullivan too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

He's not alone though. There's two first years and "Daddy"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Dude was already getting significantly challenged by a student using an unfamiliar power for the first time, Balam is one of Bablys's top fighters alongside Kalego (who we know is an absolute loving monster when he's not getting clowned by Iruma and Opera), and we've only had a small taste of what our gargoyle buddy can really do when he goes all-out. Atori is just walking fertiliser now.

Nah, Atori was literally reveling in being hit with orgasmic glee and none of the damage nor the heightened pain really held him back. And the moment it looked like the fight was going to stop he just instantly destroyed the golden lion. Atori is still on par with any of the actual teachers, they are well above the students but Balam is still above him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, I don't think Balam is in trouble here. This dude may be one of the Fingers but Balam is one of the toughest demons we know of.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Balam has the advantage of being Best Boy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I Am Fowl posted:

Yeah, I don't think worf is in trouble here. This dude may be one of the Fingers but worf is one of the toughest starfleet officers we know of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I guess I'm just fully expecting him to pull some dagger-to-the-guts skullduggery

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's possible he sees this as an out-of-control teacher and not a murderous infiltrator.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I guess I'm just fully expecting him to pull some dagger-to-the-guts skullduggery

I think that of all the teachers, though, Balam is the best-equipped to deal with that. He's got ESP and legendarily perfect defences. If Atori tries that, I can only expect it to end in a fakeout where he thinks he's landed a hit before he gets pounded into the dirt.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/4b665296-d761-49b1-8550-bf484855a2e0/1

The new chapter is out.

Atori comes off more and more like something trying to emulate what he thinks a demon should be.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/4b665296-d761-49b1-8550-bf484855a2e0/1

The new chapter is out.

Atori comes off more and more like something trying to emulate what he thinks a demon should be.

Option B is that Baal's faction are up to some Godrick the Grafted poo poo in their quest to be as monstrous as possible, and the Six Fingers are all hosed up super-soldiers designed to be more demonic than demons could 'naturally' be. That would go some way to explaining why Sheeda is on the payroll, if she's hiding some hideous secret like Atori is.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
I appreciate that nobody looked like a chump this chapter. Balam is still cool (and alive!) and Atori is still dangerous.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Round Up

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's funny just how lovely Atori is at being a mole. Guy didn't even last for 1 semester before blowing his cover.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

It's funny just how lovely Atori is at being a mole. Guy didn't even last for 1 semester before blowing his cover.

I suspect that the purpose of all this will be to divert suspicion away from Sheeda, maybe by having her save the day and protect the students. Don't know whether it will be because of blackmail, acting skills, or some sort of Manchurian Candidate poo poo, but she's probably going to be the far more dangerous of the two Fingers to Bablys.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darth Walrus posted:

I suspect that the purpose of all this will be to divert suspicion away from Sheeda, maybe by having her save the day and protect the students. Don't know whether it will be because of blackmail, acting skills, or some sort of Manchurian Candidate poo poo, but she's probably going to be the far more dangerous of the two Fingers to Bablys.

I'd think that if anything, Atori going loud like this would draw a lot of suspicion to Sheeda as well, because they both joined at the same time and are both still outsiders compared to the rest of the teachers who are relatively close-knit. She might end up saving some people to defray suspicion though, yeah.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Shiida's gonna have to lay low for a while after this and that gives Iruma time to really get his claws into her

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I like that the teachers knew where Allocer was the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ThingOne posted:

I like that the teachers knew where Allocer was the entire time.

Yeah. It is a good way of showing that despite how hard they were going, the teachers were actually holding back. So now that they have a fucker who wants to start killing students the kid gloves come off and hopefully they tear him apart.