Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Heem posted:

Pretty sure it’s Doom Runners.
Tim Curry was the villain, if that rings any bells.

Thank you, it was bugging me. That's it, no question. The issue with digging up the title on that one is the signal-to-noise ratio on search engines is pretty bad for the sort of things I tend to remember about it when I remember it exists every five years or so (even before Maze Runner, Labyrinth tended to be a major baffling factor).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
did Maze Runner crib from it? I haven't seen either but lol if they did

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

did Maze Runner crib from it? I haven't seen either but lol if they did

Maze Runner was based on a book but it's possible the book did I suppose

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

EclecticTastes posted:

Hey, I just remembered a movie whose title keeps escaping me, and this time I haven't been able to find it. It's a nineties move about some kids from, as I recall, some sort of generic YA novel dystopia (though, this was a couple decades before most of the YA dysopia stuff got popular). They, and a big, badass bodyguard dude who didn't speak much/at all, go into this maze (fully indoor, fairly smoky and poorly-lit, kind of pinkish lighting IIRC), and are on the run from a villain I don't remember too well, I think. The bodyguard guy sacrifices himself at the end and the kids make it out onto some idyllic beach and that's it, I believe. I'm pretty sure it aired on Nickelodeon at least once, but I mostly saw it on video at an after-school program I attended in elementary school.

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone has a YA run a death maze at the end.
Can't remember the ending of it though.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A weathy old man visits an office i guess an accounting firm and the man who works there is dressed casually. Old man asks why are you not in a suit and the response is "it's casual Friday" to which old man says "i hope you're not being casual with my money" or something indicating he thought it was a terrible idea. Could've sworn this was in Fargo but I guess not, maybe the old man actor is similar.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

donquixotic posted:

A weathy old man visits an office i guess an accounting firm and the man who works there is dressed casually. Old man asks why are you not in a suit and the response is "it's casual Friday" to which old man says "i hope you're not being casual with my money" or something indicating he thought it was a terrible idea. Could've sworn this was in Fargo but I guess not, maybe the old man actor is similar.

????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9hYMVVv_Q

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I googled old man doesn't like casual Friday and it said it was an episode of curb your enthusiasm. No that couldn't be it i thought and didn't click on the video. Now you post that and that's what it was. Thanks for that, man I feel stupid

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
A bit of visual comedy where someone is trying to use an old fashioned opera glass (on a stick) and it keeps flopping around from side to side.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Torquemada posted:

A bit of visual comedy where someone is trying to use an old fashioned opera glass (on a stick) and it keeps flopping around from side to side.

Pretty Woman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZoc8Chd_g

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

E: f, b.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Nice, I saw this in a theatre at the time but not since. I thought it might have been a guy doing it, like a Steve Martin bit or something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/tarchiving/status/1536161900291047425?s=21

I too would like to know

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
It’s from Mythic Quest: Ravens Banquet s1e07

quote:

Poppy: Hold up. Why are you being so nice to him?

Ian: It's supposed to be a noble moment. You want me to call him names?

Poppy: Yes. Yeah, call him a sex pest. That's a big insult in Australia.

Ian: I don't think he's gonna be Australian, but I appreciate the enthusiasm and I love the term.

Poppy: It's good, right? -Yeah.
Couldn’t find any video of it but some transcript site had this. Poppy is Australian, if that helps with context.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Thanks

Is it any good?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I really like it. The pilot didn’t click with me and I stopped watching, a work friend prodded me into giving it another go and now I’m into it - so I’d say don’t judge it from just the pilot alone.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I don't think I'll have any luck with this one as I've tried looking for it a few times in the past.

Caught this movie in the mid 90s on late night TV in Australia. Almost 100% certain it was an Australian movie. All I remember about it was it was possibly about a car salesman or a lawyer (both come to mind not sure which), and his wife who were swingers or becoming swingers. I remember there was a man the wife was interested in, whos name I have burnt into my brain as Mark, but not sure if I imagined it.

They host a party at one point that had a bunch of erotic style cakes.

I am trying to figure out if it was an actual movie or a fever dream :xd:

Also another movie from late night aus tv.

This was Australian, set on a beach I think over the course of a day focusing on different groups of people. Would have been set during the 80s/90s and the one scene I remember was a business lady ignoring her partner by being on her mobile phone, at one point while talking business with two different people on two separate phones she pushes them together so the two other people can work.

The partner in the end, finds someone else to borrow a phone off to ring her just so he could get her attention.

Edit: Found the 2nd one I mentioned. It's called Maslin Beach

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 19, 2022

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking to pin a specific scene to a vampire movie from the 90's or early 00's. A half-conscious woman is strapped to a high tech table in a vampire bar/lounge. Someone pushes a button and several long needles pierce her, siphoning her blood through plastic tubes into individual cups or wine glasses along the sides of the table.

I rewatched all three Blade movies this week but the scene I'm thinking of wasn't in any of them.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking to pin a specific scene to a vampire movie from the 90's or early 00's. A half-conscious woman is strapped to a high tech table in a vampire bar/lounge. Someone pushes a button and several long needles pierce her, siphoning her blood through plastic tubes into individual cups or wine glasses along the sides of the table.

I rewatched all three Blade movies this week but the scene I'm thinking of wasn't in any of them.

I've never seen it, but could it be John Carpenters Vampires?

Or Dracula 2000? I have seen that one but don't remember much about it.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

Daybreakers, maybe? The Underworld series would also be a fit for a scene like this.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

The alternate wish-world episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC31mMQ8iK8

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 21, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bitterandtwisted posted:

e:

I dunno if that's the one OP was thinking of but I was scratching my brain trying to remember this exact scene, thanks

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

bitterandtwisted posted:

e:

I'm gonna say it was this. I wasn't sure when I made the post, but when the villain said "welcome to the future!" I remembered a line like that being in it.

I didn't even watch much of Buffy at all, I just happened to catch a handful of episodes back in the day. That scene in blade trinity with the shrink wrapped homeless being harvested for blood helped me partially recall this scene.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Old war movie that I caught the end of on TNT a while ago, think it might have been about the Kurdish rebellion - a militia gets chased up a mountain by an army and are heroically holding them at bay until planes come and bomb them all. It was in colour and felt like it might have been made in the 50s or so?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Old war movie that I caught the end of on TNT a while ago, think it might have been about the Kurdish rebellion - a militia gets chased up a mountain by an army and are heroically holding them at bay until planes come and bomb them all. It was in colour and felt like it might have been made in the 50s or so?

Probably not it, as it's from the 80s, but the 40 days of Musa Dagh?

I also seem to remember a scene like that in For Whom the Bell Tolls, but I've never seen the movie adaption.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Hannibal Rex posted:

Probably not it, as it's from the 80s, but the 40 days of Musa Dagh?

I also seem to remember a scene like that in For Whom the Bell Tolls, but I've never seen the movie adaption.
For Whom the Bell Tolls seems like it might be it actually, I'll have to go find a copy - cheers :)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Movie or short with a bug zapper zapping 1, 2, 3 bugs then ZZZZZZZAPPPPPPPPP and a dead faerie/tinkerbell like character

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hughlander posted:

Movie or short with a bug zapper zapping 1, 2, 3 bugs then ZZZZZZZAPPPPPPPPP and a dead faerie/tinkerbell like character

Isn't that in Shrek?

Alan Smithee posted:

Bright?

God that movie was stupid

Whoops, yeah Bright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfaJ2yMuJFw

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 29, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bright?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Alan Smithee posted:

Bright?

Wanted to respond with the max landis “if this goes well it will be my Star Wars” tweet but frankly 1) gently caress that rapist and 2) god there are so many good tweets dunking on Bright

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This should be easy, it's a trailer I saw within the last 2 weeks. I just remember it had a cool version of War Pigs in it, and was some kind of action movie (it may have been a show but I'm pretty sure it was a movie). It's on the tip of my tounge

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I want to say The King's Man had that in the trailer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pilchenstein posted:

I want to say The King's Man had that in the trailer.

Yep. Dunno if it counts as a "cool version" though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbLPOrTSsI

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had that come up when I googled it but this is a newer trailer that I saw very recently. Also seemed more modern.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
The Netflix movie Metal Lords which came out recently has a cover of War Pigs in it. Doesn’t appear to be in the trailer I saw on YouTube but this is from the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXqpw8-a_7M

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Found it, it was that dumb Clancy knock off thing Chris Pratt is in, Terminal List

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
A dog comedy movie, and the villain had a vengeance against the dog because it bit his nuts off before, and at the ends of the movie the dog bites his dick off too

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

goblin week posted:

A dog comedy movie, and the villain had a vengeance against the dog because it bit his nuts off before, and at the ends of the movie the dog bites his dick off too

See Spot Run? At the start he bites off a testicle of a Mafia bass and at the end he bites off the other one

"You want we should whack a dog??"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulqLvdrAU0

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 5, 2022

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
It sounds kind of familiar so I searched for such a movie and haven’t found it but I did find this headline from an Australian news site, seemingly a cross promotion for the television show Bondi Rescue a few years ago :stonk:

“Ouch! A man’s penis was ‘de-gloved’ after horrific dog bite at Bondi Beach”

I decided that’s enough searching for dog bite penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

See Spot Run? At the start he bites off a testicle of a Mafia bass and at the end he bites off the other one

"You want we should whack a dog??"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulqLvdrAU0

You know what? Yeah, I was seven, I misremembered the dog dick bites, that was it. Thanks