Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So how laps to go with Pecco bin it this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat that was a great Moto3 race.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Russian Bear posted:

So how laps to go with Pecco bin it this week?

Was wondering the exact same thing.

Holy poo poo Sasaki, you earned that win like a MFer. Gave as good as he took everywhere on the track, absolute quality.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

so Alex Marquez to gresini w/ Giannantonio. wonder if this means Zarco is out? would be a shame given his performance this year

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

SocksAndSandals posted:

so Alex Marquez to gresini w/ Giannantonio. wonder if this means Zarco is out? would be a shame given his performance this year

Ducati gonna Ducati. Really baffling that with the machinery they have and the riders they're seeking to retain services of (especially Martin it seems, Bastianini needs stashing), that Alex Marquez seemed a best get for them apart from perhaps saving money and bringing in sponsorship.

That said though, I might as well turn the speculation dial up to 11. Depending on how 2023 goes, it might open the door for a brazen pitch for MM93 when declared "fit" again, with the potential key pitch point being the Ducati not having to be wrangled like the Honda?

Elsewhere, Ducati might not have a choice but to send Martin to the factory to replace Miller:

Zarco and Bastianini on the Pramac unless I'm missing a rider here?

P.s. Can't believe Pecco didn't bin that; what a final move by Aleix....

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Holy crap at Aleix Espargaro

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Oh, motogp! I wonder how my favorite racer, wunderkind, Marcus Marquez is going to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRgqouS1O6E

Oh.

Absolutely great race by Espargaro. Not sure why quartararo was racing like that with a 34 point lead even after crashing out. Just get 4th every race and win a championship. I know that’s not how any of these guys are wired but still.

I also find it very confusing that Aleix espargaro on an Aprilia is good. Every time I see it I am confused.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

great race. Was kinda nice seeing Maverick, Aleix and the rest of the team celebrating.

Weird seeing Fabio out like that

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

God help me the commentators acting like Vinales has really arrived is grating on me. His team mate was probably going to win, got punted down to 15th and finished one position behind him lmao

SocksAndSandals posted:

Why would Zarco be out? He has nothing to do with Gresini and Ducati have openly said they want to resign him at Pramac.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That was quite something by Aleix, great to watch. That pass in the last corner holy balls!!!

Watched the moto2 and moto3 races for the first time as well and the little moto3 buzzy bee bikes are hilarious to watch.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echomadman posted:

drat that was a great Moto3 race.
Haha holy smokes. McPhee and Muñoz were riding like they stole it. Big old congrats for Sasaki.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The moment of the race for me (other than Aleix riding like a madman all race) was Maverick getting passed by Miller and just hitting the red mushroom and flying back by and gapping him by almost a second on the other end of the chicane. I thought he was done at that point and out of the podium but his pass-back was nuts

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Aleix would've won that handily and got robbed, at least quartararo had the decency to crash twice.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Holy poo poo. What a race. Edge of my seat the entire time. Going to be a long summer break.

I’ve been a Mav hater in the past but I’m a huge sucker for a good comeback story.

Sounds like I need to watch Moto2 and 3 this week.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

busalover posted:

Holy crap at Aleix Espargaro
Yep, can't believe he clawed back to 4th! What a move at the end.

And holy comeback for Ogura, nice 2nd result for him.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

dema posted:

Sounds like I need to watch Moto2 and 3 this week.
Yes, you need to watch both!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Moto2 and Moto3 are awesome championships that are criminally under appreciated. Sad to see the guy with the tiger tattoo on his stomach keeps crashing out in moto3 though :(

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

italian quid posted:

Why would Zarco be out? He has nothing to do with Gresini and Ducati have openly said they want to resign him at Pramac.

I think they were speculating because Bastianini needs promoting, but you're right, shakes out fine either way with inevitable movement in the other Pramac seat.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Zarco is staying exactly where he is, getting rid of him would be lunacy even by their standards.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Slavvy posted:

Zarco is staying exactly where he is, getting rid of him would be lunacy even by their standards.

Agreed, even if I'm a recovering hater...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It amuses me that we're going into the summer break with zarco being the ducati with the biggest point tally, and with dovi being yamaha's one and only finisher of the most recent race. The factories seem literally incapable of learning and are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the distant, distant past of four years ago.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

italian quid posted:

God help me the commentators acting like Vinales has really arrived is grating on me. His team mate was probably going to win, got punted down to 15th and finished one position behind him lmao
haha so much
They must be getting paid by the Binales Fan Club surely. This is his annual "one good result" race, he will be at the back of the pack again when the season resumes

Gutted for Kelso in the 3s, the rookie really starting to get to grips with things and consistently around the top 10, then gets punted off and seriously injured (multiple broken bones) on the last lap for his efforts :(

dema
Aug 13, 2006

5th would have also been worth celebrating for Vinales. And he got robbed in Germany.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol I just realized the KymiRing was cancelled. No wonder the summer break is 5 weeks

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

It amuses me that we're going into the summer break with zarco being the ducati with the biggest point tally, and with dovi being yamaha's one and only finisher of the most recent race. The factories seem literally incapable of learning and are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the distant, distant past of four years ago.

It's four years! how are they supposed to remember things that far back? Write them down like some kind of buffoon?

Unrelated, makes me feel bad for joking about marquez earlier.

MM posted:

My current feeling is one of hope. Because of the way I was riding and competing, I didn’t see myself as being on the bike for much longer - maybe another year or two. After the intervention in Rochester, the hope is there that I can continue competing without pain and have fun on the bike.

Seems like if he can get fixed he's back but he's at the point where he's ready to throw in the towel if he can't compete for titles.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/06/28/marc-marquez-s-open-letter-to-fans-on-his-road-to-recovery/428742

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rossi said that too but somehow didn't retire at the end of 2015

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Rins to LCR Honda to be a back marker.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm not sure "randomly crash out for 4 races in a row for no apparent reason" Rins is the best fit for the Honda which from the outside appears to still need a lot of development and is very finicky to get into the right window lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It can only be great or terrible

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://global-motogp-fan-survey-2022.motorsportnetwork.com/

This is....interesting to say the least. Have they done things like this in the past?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

SocksAndSandals posted:

https://global-motogp-fan-survey-2022.motorsportnetwork.com/

This is....interesting to say the least. Have they done things like this in the past?

yearly I believe. don't know when it started but I definitely remember being asked to do it

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Oh Pecco. After partying all night in Ibiza, he got in a minor single car accident and received a DUI. Whoops.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1007343/1/bagnaia-car-crash-ibiza-fails-breathalyser-test

Wonder if Dorna cares.

In more important news, while I don't think riders should be on social media, Mav replied to me and I thought it was cool.

dema fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 5, 2022

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

dema posted:

Oh Pecco. After partying all night in Ibiza, he got in a minor single car accident and received a DUI. Whoops.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1007343/1/bagnaia-car-crash-ibiza-fails-breathalyser-test

Wonder if Dorna cares.

In more important news, while I don't think riders should be on social media, Mav replied to me and I thought it was cool.

Pecco posted:

“As I was leaving the disco at 3am I was facing a roundabout when I ended up with the front wheels in a ditch, without involving other vehicles or people.

Partying so hard he's gone back in time

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dema posted:

Wonder if Dorna cares.

Dorna definitely don't give a poo poo.

What did he say??

SocksAndSandals posted:

Partying so hard he's gone back in time

Italians are simultaneously the most and least cool people on earth.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
calling a club disco is not that uncommon in europe. actually wait no one calls it a club. disco is more popular still. I think.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Climbing out of my black and red carbon Lambo wearing my jewel encrusted custom Crocs - how I imagine every Italian going to a disco feels

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Slavvy posted:

What did he say??

Was just asking him if descending on a bicycle was fun or if it felt slow.

"mate, is super fun go down full gazzz"

dema fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 6, 2022

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Dovi :(

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Replaced by Crutchlow looks like. Seemed like he was having a rough time of it

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/dovizioso-quits-misano-crutchlow-rnf/10348513/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What a lovely way to go out.