Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The art looks nearly 1 to 1 for Miura and that's more than I could have asked for. My only concern is if the story keeps moving at the breakneck pace it's apparently going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The art looks nearly 1 to 1 for Miura and that's more than I could have asked for. My only concern is if the story keeps moving at the breakneck pace it's apparently going for.

It probably will. I think they've said they're only going to do the plot beats they're sure of, without adding anything or doing anything they're not sure of.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I wonder if Griffith and Zodd are going to fly away again or if Griffith is going to let Zodd go 10 rounds with Guts.

Edit: While the art quality has gone down- this is to be expected. However. The spirit of Berserk's art is still preserved and I think that's whats most important.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 24, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
People are talking about how they wished Guts and Griffith would have talked before fighting

And I kind of get that- but they're ignoring the fact that Guts doesn't swing at Griffith until Caska starts screaming. At that point, how in the world do you think Guts COULD talk to him?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Guts calmly talking to Griffith as Casca screams in the distance would be so out of character it’d be funny

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a perfectly good couple of chapters. You can tell they really don't have Miura's eye for panel flow but really, who could? Overall it reads well and continues things so I'm not complaining. It's a labor of love and I'm here to the end.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Guts and Griffith already did as much talking as they're probably ever gonna do at the Hill of Swords.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
What caused or permitted moon kid to switch into adult mode in this case? Perhaps it's irrelevant if the whole world is destroyed in the next three chapters, but in the past little moonbeams hung around all night without inducing brand bursting. Was it force of will (then why now), or elf island magic revealing true form? And is the rest of the army showing up? :ohdear:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

What caused or permitted moon kid to switch into adult mode in this case? Perhaps it's irrelevant if the whole world is destroyed in the next three chapters, but in the past little moonbeams hung around all night without inducing brand bursting. Was it force of will (then why now), or elf island magic revealing true form? And is the rest of the army showing up? :ohdear:

pretty sure Moon Child isn't actually Griffith, he's a reborn version of Guts and Casca's miscarried child due to it having been inside the Behelit Apostle when that being became the vessel for Griffith's own rebirth, which does tie the two together in vague mystical ways, which I imagine will be key to potentially defeating Griffith down the line, though probably not through killing the child if more because that's a bit too obvious than anything

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
I’m just so glad Berserk is back! Can’t wait to see how the team learns and adapts to Miura’s art style. It looks great but I agree with the sentiment that the fundamentals are a little off: looks like they nailed his rendering and hatching style but the underlying forms and panel composition need a little polishing. But honestly it looks drat great. Best we could hope for. And… tbh he was drawing crazy giraffe necks before he passed away, so they’re doing a good job :colbert:

Mainly I’m just stoked that such an awesome series will see an end! Been absorbed with Berserk since high school and I’m so glad they’re continuing his legacy.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Narratively I don't know what the point of requiring Guts and Casca to kill their kid in order to kill Griffith would be. Just seems pointlessly cruel at this point in the story.

Like what I assumed Berserk was like before I actually started reading it.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

The title of 365 implies it's a matter of time— the moon is no longer full. Previously the were-child has left (or been whisked away by Zodd) just before turning back into Griffith. We may never know if the kid lost track of time, or if Griffith remains somewhat conscious and was deliberately trojan horsing himself, or if Zodd was always responsible for evacuating the kid and Elf Island's wards against evil kept him at bay until Griffith shredded those protections from the inside... 366 more or less spells out that the premise of the latter theory is true, but it might be a mix of all three. Or more.

Anyway with the island's protection seemingly broken it's open to invasion, yes. Guess we'll see if the New Band of the Falcon was anticipating this or not.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Narratively I don't know what the point of requiring Guts and Casca to kill their kid in order to kill Griffith would be. Just seems pointlessly cruel at this point in the story.

Like what I assumed Berserk was like before I actually started reading it.

Yeah, the story's brought up many times how Guts had a choice to make between protecting Casca and avenging himself on Griffith. Now that Casca's no longer helpless it makes sense for that conflict to be transferred onto their son - he won't simply be Griffith's achilles heel, I'm sure.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It is nuts that we spent so long with "If we get to Elfhome we will be safe from the night" and they are there for like 2 days and Griffith just sneaks in and is like "Oh hey you two"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
At least this gives us a reason to move on and go to where Rickert is.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Meeting up with his new Kushan buddies too when they finally group up. I imagine that's going to go well until someone talks sense into them all.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Rickert's skill as a gadgeteer should be enough to break the ice between him and any group of fellow humans.

How many of Guts' kills are indirectly Rickerts' through his hand cannon again?

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Mraagvpeine posted:

At least this gives us a reason to move on and go to where Rickert is.

Yep, I've been curious as to what Rickert and co. are up to! Definitely looking forward to seeing post-slap events.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

ETURNA posted:

... Definitely looking forward to seeing post-slap events.
Grunbeld seemed a bit confused. I wonder if some of them will abandon Griffith (to give a more 'epic' battle of the heavens instead of a boring humans-versus-not type of thing).

Ugh, I just remembered that the IOE said that humans created this whole mess.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Part of the final battle will involve giving the Idea of Evil a swirly.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

It rules extremely hard that the final boss of Berserk's universe is humanity's attitude towards suffering.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are we sure that IOE still is a thing after all these years?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

It still exists, but the de-canonization of the lost chapter means we know precious little about it beyond that fact. Maybe we'll never see it again.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Mraagvpeine posted:

You can't kill an idea!

Except with a big fucken sword. :yarr:

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's alluded to in later chapters. Explicit knowledge of it is de-canonized, but I don't think that really makes a difference.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

Miura removed the chapter because he felt it was ”too early” for the reveal. So not that the concept is bad, it was just the wrong time for it. Tbh i agree and the eclipse is much better without that chapter. The only thing I miss is ”I want wings”, the most evil and selfish line ever written.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bisse posted:

Miura removed the chapter because he felt it was ”too early” for the reveal. So not that the concept is bad, it was just the wrong time for it. Tbh i agree and the eclipse is much better without that chapter. The only thing I miss is ”I want wings”, the most evil and selfish line ever written.

Speaking of

The sheer *smug* Griffith was exuding

If there was any doubt that Griffith and the child are two different people, that is the proof

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bisse posted:

The most important impact of that line is making you realize that Conrad chose to look like that.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
poo poo, I just had a realization given the scenes shown to us in Falconia (just theory-crafting, so shouldn't need spoiler tags):

They made a big thing out of Griffith being able to bring the spirits of the deceased back to say their goodbyes and to prove the existence of the afterlife to remove their fear of death. Being cynical, I can't imagine this was all purely done out of charity.

What would happen if Falconia or Griffith's grip on power was somehow truly threatened? The dude is the kind of person who would rather burn it all down, I.e. If he can't have power then nobody else will either. I'd bet good money this was all done to make ideal suicide squads should Falconia be doomed to fall and use humanity as a whole to fight to the last man, woman, and child in its dying breath.

E: Relating to the above messages about the Idea of Evil, my headcanon is that Guts either gains the ability to travel deep into the Astral World using the Dragon Path (as alluded to by the Elfheim magi) or finds a place in the merged Interstice where the Idea of Evil is made manifest then literally kill the source of evil in the world, eliminating the Godhand and demonkind by proxy.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 28, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats not within the tone or heading of the story.
I dont think guts, or anyone really, can "defeat" the IOE. Its essentially a force of nature thats taken on recognizably human appendages with which to affect the world.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Thats not within the tone or heading of the story.
I dont think guts, or anyone really, can "defeat" the IOE. Its essentially a force of nature thats taken on recognizably human appendages with which to affect the world.

Okay, I'll buy that. But I seriously believe that the merging of the physical and astral worlds after the Great Roar will ultimately be the undoing of the Godhand. While it has allowed Griffith/Femto to essentially establish a stranglehold of power over humanity, I believe there will also be an Achilles' Heel introduced which resulted as a consequence from that event that Griffith/Skull Knight/etc will exploit that will help them beat the former.

Also, relating to the events of the latest chapters: since the party, especially Farnese and Schierke, have now come face-to-face with Griffith and now know what they're dealing with on an astral-level (not to mention the entirety of the magi/Danaan and the rest of Elfheim), they will find a way to come together to help Guts defeat Griffith in a way he could not before. Maybe using Hanarr to reforge the Dragonslayer to imbue it with magical properties like the Berserker armor?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 29, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Okay, I'll buy that. But I seriously believe that the merging of the physical and astral worlds after the Great Roar will ultimately be the undoing of the Godhand. While it has allowed Griffith/Femto to essentially establish a stranglehold of power over humanity, I believe there will also be an Achilles' Heel introduced which resulted as a consequence from that event that Griffith/Skull Knight/etc will exploit that will help them beat the former.

Also, relating to the events of the latest chapters: since the party, especially Farnese and Schierke, have now come face-to-face with Griffith and now know what they're dealing with on an astral-level (not to mention the entirety of the magi/Danaan and the rest of Elfheim), they will find a way to come together to help Guts defeat Griffith in a way he could not before. Maybe using Hanarr to reforge the Dragonslayer to imbue it with magical properties like the Berserker armor?

It's almost definitely going to involve the gravity stuff they were talking about when Guts made it into the forest, with how heavy he was already.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Griffith, against all odds, becomes *even more awful*

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What da Zodd doin

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Very cool that Berserk might see completion...Glad to hear it!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm marge reading chapter 367 spoilers

https://i.imgur.com/TjjHwuu.mp4

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This Griffith guy…

He’s not my kinda guy.

Also I suppose he’s canonically dickless in his god form

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 7, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

This Griffith guy…

He’s not my kinda guy.

Also I suppose he’s canonically dickless in his god form

p sure he can grow a dick when he needs one

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
he's kinda like that horse dick goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maybe im just bad at reading the action here but i can't tell if Guts stopped his sword on his own in shock/some kind of influence or aura from Griffith, or if Griffith's body is so incredibly strong and unbreakable that the sword is essentially a pool noodle to him even making contact with his skin