Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

who would be deranged enough to move into this thing with their partner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blue Moonlight posted:

Things like this are fun because I get to learn something new. For example, I was about to ask “Does it even get cold enough in Adelaide to warrant a fireplace?” Then I looked it up, and it turns out that in July, the average low is 46°F/7.8°C.

Almost cold enough for frost to afford you some privacy in your Perspex making GBS threads cube.

That’s not cold enough to warrant a fireplace.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Guardian piece on that apartment:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...next-to-kitchen

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Platystemon posted:

That’s not cold enough to warrant a fireplace.

I don't think there's a flue, so it's either electric or purely decorative anyway.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://i.imgur.com/umA7iNK.mp4

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Not an exaggeration, this is one of the creepiest, skin-crawlingest things I've seen in a long time. Something about the animation style/design. Unsettling.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's like the Garbage Pail Kids grew up and went into business together :allears:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My Lovely Horse posted:

who would be deranged enough to move into this thing with their partner

it's true

anybody who would move to adelaide is derangedd

Angry Pie
Feb 4, 2007
Do you want a piece of me?!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They would have to run longer water supply and drain lines to the dishwasher.

I thought about that but it didn't really seem that much farther to me. Although tbf I've never installed a dishwasher so it's maybe more complicated than I think it is? Anyway the solution to this kitchen is to take out the dishwasher and put in a decent sink for handwashing dishes, and it would still be miles better than some of the apartment kitchens I had in my 20s.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Angry Pie posted:

I thought about that but it didn't really seem that much farther to me. Although tbf I've never installed a dishwasher so it's maybe more complicated than I think it is? Anyway the solution to this kitchen is to take out the dishwasher and put in a decent sink for handwashing dishes, and it would still be miles better than some of the apartment kitchens I had in my 20s.

Generally you want the drain line as close to a drain as possible, or you'll be smelling your dish water.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Angry Pie posted:

Putting a single compartment sink in an apartment with no dishwasher infuriates me to no end. It's a simple fix, sure--get a plastic wash tub--but we have the technology.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:rolldice:I attempt to find secret doors!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The Scooby Doo gang is pretty clever, sure, but sometimes the bad guys just make it too easy.

Someone should check behind it for a Burger King
https://twitter.com/RealJezebelley/status/1541752168532819969

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Impressive set dressing, I gotta say.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

canyoneer posted:

The Scooby Doo gang is pretty clever, sure, but sometimes the bad guys just make it too easy.

Someone should check behind it for a Burger King
https://twitter.com/RealJezebelley/status/1541752168532819969

Someone must have had access to it, someone has been watering those plants. :dumbrim:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mx. posted:

it's true

anybody who would move to adelaide is derangedd

Those grapes? Never wanted them. I bet they're sour, not even worth eating.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

This is why I'm still on the internet

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is this the fabled "Slaanesh violence orgy" deleted scene from the movie Event Horizon?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

And through it all, one guy, if anything overdoing the PPE a little bit, just hammering away to get on with the job.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

I just realized this has sound, it's doing the thing where you have to 'show all controls' to unmute it.
Christ it's a cacophony.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
https://twitter.com/djexile27/status/1542255657327509504?s=21&t=bd75qIz655ggQb2HRkUyKg

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

They said they wanted a hot shower, not hot water to shower in.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Dominic! You rat!1 The ‘ol’ spicy shower drain!!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So how painful of a discovery would that be?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Zil posted:

don't whizz on the electric drain and ground yourself at the same time, that'll transverse your heart... so it may not be painful at all (cause you'll be dead).

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Zil posted:

https://masterelectricians.com.au/dead-but-still-live

quote:

On arrival, so as not to contaminate any potential crime scene, I put on latex gloves and with colleagues entered the unit. In the bathroom I saw the body of Mrs Williams, clearly deceased, in the shower, holding a white handled, flexible shower hose. The shower was still running.

Wishing to preserve the scene, we exited the building and awaited the arrival of our crime scene officer, Detective Sergeant Phil Elliott.

Shortly after Detective Elliott’s arrival, we again donned latex gloves and entered the unit. After a general examination Phil identified that Mrs Williams was “‘live’.” I saw a small trail of smoke coming from her hand which was blackened where she was holding onto the shower handle and I could hear a sparking noise.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
turdle, imho

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Toilet's fallen over on its back and can't get up, but you aren't helping. Why aren't you helping?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Someone took "got a turtle head poking out" a little too literally.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Having a tortoise that size indoors is basically like having a horny bulldozer so I bet it got in there through a wall too

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Toilet's fallen over on its back and can't get up, but you aren't helping. Why aren't you helping?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

What's a toilet?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Heroes on a half-shell.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Phanatic posted:

What's a toilet?

you know what a turlet is? same thing.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Saw this yesterday.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hate video game puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

By popular demand posted:

I hate video game puzzles.

The cake, much like the insulation the PO swears was sprayed in your attic, is a lie.