Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
These are fun. I like Crabtron especially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

deoju posted:

These are fun. I like Crabtron especially.

Thanks! Crabtron is made from "Dolphin and Turtle" (31128), which is a great little set - instructions are at Rebrickable with a surprising number of other builds:
https://rebrickable.com/sets/31128-1/dolphin-and-turtle/?inventory=1#alt_builds

Here's another render, a little blue dinosaury thing:

xzzy posted:

Your phone pics aren't crappy either so that's another plus.

They're better than I was expecting, focus is good, exposure is accurate though I'd say a little under, fairly noise-free, and I like the apparent bokeh (not sure if that's real or fake), but it does seem to have a lot of geometric distortion at close range. I can definitely live with it though, it's leagues better than the old phone. Moto G 5G, just got it to replace my Sony Z3v that finally died its last death a few days ago.

Edit:
Fishcar!

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 30, 2022

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Well there's still no way to append a new image to an existing Imgur post from the phone, not that I can find at least. Bah.

Anyway, here's Blue Owl and a big BYGGLEK lizardy thing!

Angry Turtle Car vs convertible (now in normal aspect ratio):

Seahorse and a friendly Crabtron:

Blue Robot and a Minecraft Dungeons Toucan:

Blue Spaceship:

Is there a way in Studio to import all the parts you get from a specific kit or how are you doing this?

I appreciate all of the help with my dumb questions

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, studio has an "import" option in the file menu that lets you bring in an official lego set, you can either load the parts into the scene laid out in a grid or load it as a palette.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Two upcoming summer Technic sets were revealed and they are hilariously over-priced in the US.

https://brickset.com/article/79094/official-images-of-summer-technic-sets!

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

davebo posted:

The 4558 Cargo Railway, the funky yellow/black full of windows one. I got a goodwill lot I haven't even received yet that had some of it and was otherwise filled with low value Friends pieces, because no one else must have noticed the upside down 9v motor in the corner of the widest photo, so I lucked out. But then this morning someone on eBay had the same set with box and track, controller and everything that they labelled as incomplete just because they didn't feel like verifying it was complete. So between the two I ought to have all I need. Although I might stick with what I currently use train-wise, and save all this 9v stuff for the holiday train, because if I can put the 9v under the coal tender and the battery pack for the lights on top to weigh it down, that solves my traction problem.

I liked the color scheme and the pod concept of that one. Will the minifig be stuck in a dining pod, or a moving version of a Japanese capsule hotel?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
How’s the chopper 1:1 euro/dollar but the crane is 30 dollars more? :psyduck:

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Those are stupid expensive. I really do like the handler though.

McLaren F1 is back in stock. Guess I'm getting an early birthday gift.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ferrari came in today but wonky tire :mad:

Mostly straightens out when put on the rim but still has a flat spot

Not a huge deal but disappointing on a $400 set.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:ironicat:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Here you go: https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/broken/location

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Contact customer service and send that picture, you'll get no argument and get a replacement sent out. It'll take a week or two to come from Denmark, but it's free.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Veotax posted:

Contact customer service and send that picture, you'll get no argument and get a replacement sent out. It'll take a week or two to come from Denmark, but it's free.

Yeah I already put in the request. Probably should have waited in case anything else is wrong but :shrug:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

Two upcoming summer Technic sets were revealed and they are hilariously over-priced in the US.

The helicopter has both a working collective like 9396 and a tilting rotor like 8856, which is why it ended up with such a gigantic hub

It'd be neat if they could do a cyclic control scheme instead but I get that the directly actuated tilting rotor is more immediately understandable.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

BaconCopter posted:

The Material Handler is oddly priced for the US, but the helicopter doesn't seem out of line with typical technic motorized function stuff. Just kinda ugly. :)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

xzzy posted:

Yes, studio has an "import" option in the file menu that lets you bring in an official lego set, you can either load the parts into the scene laid out in a grid or load it as a palette.

Funny story, I was already halfway through putting all of the pieces into a studio project manually when I posted this. Then I finished up and just now got back to checking here.

Life is hard enough, but I still find ways to make it harder and dumber :) Thanks though, I will have to find that feature. I figured it was there someplace lol

edit: JFC that was easy

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
E: holy poo poo wrong thread sorry, Lego is loving great though

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

davebo posted:

The 4558 Cargo Railway, the funky yellow/black full of windows one. I got a goodwill lot I haven't even received yet that had some of it and was otherwise filled with low value Friends pieces, because no one else must have noticed the upside down 9v motor in the corner of the widest photo, so I lucked out. But then this morning someone on eBay had the same set with box and track, controller and everything that they labelled as incomplete just because they didn't feel like verifying it was complete. So between the two I ought to have all I need. Although I might stick with what I currently use train-wise, and save all this 9v stuff for the holiday train, because if I can put the 9v under the coal tender and the battery pack for the lights on top to weigh it down, that solves my traction problem.

Is that this one https://brickset.com/sets/4559-1/Cargo-Railway ?

I had that/have it, loved it as a kid. :3:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Whoops, yeah, I should have been more specific about that. The material mover was so distracting that I pretty much entirely ignored the helicopter, which seems pretty darn cool and acceptably priced.

I think I'm going to use the VIP points that I got for my City Garden's damaged box to bring the City of Lanterns down to $120, while also getting double VIP points for the purchase. The points churn never ends!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spotted in the PYF funny pictures thread...

:hmmyes: Gotta keep your priorities straight.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1542223548759932928

Though this is pretty funny

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wait that's an official product image / part of the design.

It's 3200 pieces and 250$. Seems like that'd make it a bit bigger then lego's creator expert cars? What a waste for such a boring design lol.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Oxyclean posted:

Wait that's an official product image / part of the design.
It sure is.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Lego store question, what's the difference between "Sold out" and "Temporarily out of stock"? Is one guaranteed to be back in stock eventually and the other is a maybe? I was hoping to grab the succulents for my wife but it's listed as temporary.

Also, any chance the sold out VIP reward coins come back? I'd love to have that classic gold coin but I'm afraid I missed it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChesterJT posted:

Lego store question, what's the difference between "Sold out" and "Temporarily out of stock"? Is one guaranteed to be back in stock eventually and the other is a maybe? I was hoping to grab the succulents for my wife but it's listed as temporary.

Also, any chance the sold out VIP reward coins come back? I'd love to have that classic gold coin but I'm afraid I missed it.

The answer is on the site:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/LEGO_com_Email_Form/legocom-availability-statuses-kA009000001dcDxCAI

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The coins came back once, they might come back again.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cojawfee posted:

The coins came back once, they might come back again.

Same thing with Alf Pogs

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

product photography is my passion

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

product photography is my passion
can't tell if bad piece quality or just jpeg artifacting.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So a couple years ago, someone put a big bag of Star Wars legos into a clothing donation bin I help manage at my church. One of the figures in it was an ugly janky watto figure. I just learned today that figure is up on bricklink for no less than 100 bux, and the headpiece itself goes for 90. Of course I'd have to find someone who'd be willing to pay that, but still, lol.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oxyclean posted:

Misaligned and gapped panels is just copying the source

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

tbh having built a couple of mega construx/blox sets: the brick quality is actually really good, and the main problem with the Cybertruck actually seems to be color variations to a slight degree. The build itself seems good, but the license also seems to add a lot of cost to it.

Bricks quality is absolutely okay imo, especially since they have these marbled dual color injection things going on for pieces (like in the Alien and Game of Thrones lines) that look really good. Then again, when Lego produces them (when changing the hopper to a different color), the marbled pieces become a pretty rare and expensive thing....

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Oxyclean posted:

That wedge plate is exactly the same as 78443. It's noteworthy because of the stud placement - no other LEGO wedge plate has that extra stud on the wedge part like that, which makes it extremely visually distinct among similar parts. It's also pretty brand new. I wonder which company made theirs first?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Carbohydrates posted:

That wedge plate is exactly the same as 78443. It's noteworthy because of the stud placement - no other LEGO wedge plate has that extra stud on the wedge part like that, which makes it extremely visually distinct among similar parts. It's also pretty brand new. I wonder which company made theirs first?

Well, Bricklink says released 2021-2022, but I can tell you that plate is used a bunch on Mega's 2020 Pelican Inbound set, so guessing Mega?

+1 for Mega Construx's quality being on par with lego these days. Old mega is garbage, and I was actually really quite amazed at the difference when snapping together a warthog set awhile back. So much so I've spent a stupid amount on Mega sets since then.

They've got a bunch of really interesting pieces used in creative ways to get some of these angles, eg studded cheese wedges. While the vehicle itself is dumb as poo poo, that supposed panel gap in the photo is definitely due to a bad photograph as there's a slight backwards tilt that exaggerates itself as a gap when viewed in 2d from that angle. I'm guessing it probably looks better in person (at least as far as gaps go)?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Zedd posted:

Is that this one https://brickset.com/sets/4559-1/Cargo-Railway ?

I had that/have it, loved it as a kid. :3:

That's the one. I like how un-trainlike it is. As a kid I was all about that space monorail, but that's so insanely valuable now I'm lucky I'm not so nostalgic I need to rebuy one.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy poo poo they actually somehow made the Cybertruck substantially uglier. Pretty impressive if I'm being honest.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

OSU_Matthew posted:

Well, Bricklink says released 2021-2022, but I can tell you that plate is used a bunch on Mega's 2020 Pelican Inbound set, so guessing Mega?

+1 for Mega Construx's quality being on par with lego these days. Old mega is garbage, and I was actually really quite amazed at the difference when snapping together a warthog set awhile back. So much so I've spent a stupid amount on Mega sets since then.

They've got a bunch of really interesting pieces used in creative ways to get some of these angles, eg studded cheese wedges. While the vehicle itself is dumb as poo poo, that supposed panel gap in the photo is definitely due to a bad photograph as there's a slight backwards tilt that exaggerates itself as a gap when viewed in 2d from that angle. I'm guessing it probably looks better in person (at least as far as gaps go)?

That part is first recorded in Megas 2012 set 97017 Countdown - https://bloksforum.freeforums.net/s..._only_made_by=0

They just released pics of Snake Mountain https://twitter.com/megabloksnews/status/1542895532502355977?s=20&t=yOKtratprU6Ws2iJrGCk9A, between this and the number of Galaxy Explorers I want, I'm broke. Note:Mega used to have really nice painted box art covers for the MOTU range, they just rebranded to this garbage design!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Flyinglemur posted:

Same thing with Alf Pogs
Uh, Alf Pogs did not come back, Alf came back in Pog form. Are we to believe that Pogs, a toy from the 90s, were magically released concurrently with Alf, a sitcom that ended in 1989?

I hope you get fired for that blunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Slugworth posted:

Uh, Alf Pogs did not come back, Alf came back in Pog form. Are we to believe that Pogs, a toy from the 90s, were magically released concurrently with Alf, a sitcom that ended in 1989?

I hope you get fired for that blunder.