Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm also a lunatic who wants random positionals back so maybe don't feel too bad for me

I’ll downgrade my show of solidarity from a candle light vigil to a simple zippo lighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I found the suspenders shirt oh no

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

RME posted:

I’ll downgrade my show of solidarity from a candle light vigil to a simple zippo lighter

im upgrading mine

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

If they really want to reduce AST's APM without hollowing out the class, the only way I see to do it is this:

Remove Draw and Minor Arcana, but keep the Play and Crown Play buttons and move the respective cooldowns to those buttons. You would always have cards in your hand, but the ability to play them is dictated by your Play charges. Do that and either increase the number of Play charges to 3 or bring back Spread and tie it to Play charges (that changes to playing the stocked card when pressed). This is so that you can still Astrodyne in your opener.

Edit: Oh, and revert Redraw while you are at it. New Redraw is a big part of why getting 3 sigils is so unreliable.

Roluth fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 1, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Tried my hand at Ultima unreal, mostly with new people. It wasn't bad but we didn't really have the experience to beat it after someone DC'd in the middle of the fight and a few deaths.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/FFsfia/status/1542957614497406976?t=jc4gLAPsLqBSgAPnmp5TMw&s=19

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IMO it's bad to trim classes down for no reason, and is how you end up like WoW with every class having 4 buttons only.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

IMO it's bad to trim classes down for no reason, and is how you end up like WoW with every class having 4 buttons only.

Cries in controller player.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

On the other hand I don't think 'more buttons' is a good reason to keep a skill around that requires so little thought as old Kaiten.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's often hard to determine in gamedev what elements draw someone to a specific playstyle or kit and make them stick with it, since gamefeel can't be objectively measured in the same way that raw DPS can. If they made Eukrasia an oGCD in 6.2, it'd probably turn me off SGE a fair bit because of how unique Eukrasia's whole one-two punch makes the job feel, even though it would probably be objectively better as an oGCD. I can easily see the same thing with Kaiten: that small bit of prep work you do before Midare can feel impactful, even if it's merely a button you always press with next to no maintenance required.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Hi that's me. Mostly because of how I have my hotbars setup around an ergonomic keyboard that only has ~ to 6 easily accessible to my left hand. Both maiming jobs (DRG/RPR) have thrown a huge wrench into how I'd normally organize skills on those hotbars and that completely throws things off for me.

Removing Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust, or going from a three GCD AoE combo to a two GCD AoE combo would completely fix DRG for me. RPR is a whole other can of worms that I don't have a wishlist for because my only experience with the job is doing Pixie dailies, but given I can stack my hotbars in a way that feels closer to how I play SMN on RPR, that's a little less urgent.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Augus posted:

LETS loving GOOOOOO

I still need more glamour plates. I've already used up the new ones. I unironically need at least 20 more

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I still need more glamour plates. I've already used up the new ones. I unironically need at least 20 more

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

finally hit a big milestone in this game after playing for nine years

anyway see you in 6-7 weeks

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Hellioning posted:

On the other hand I don't think 'more buttons' is a good reason to keep a skill around that requires so little thought as old Kaiten.

Might as well just remove Shinten and the Kenki system entirely if requiring thought is a needed for a button to exist.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is the first time AST has been both Good and Fun to play since loving 4.2 please stop reworking the loving class I beg you.

You fixed it from being completely dogshit in ShB please just let it ride for a bit. Go give Summoner more than 3 buttons.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Macaluso posted:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is the first time AST has been both Good and Fun to play since loving 4.2 please stop reworking the loving class I beg you.

You fixed it from being completely dogshit in ShB please just let it ride for a bit. Go give Summoner more than 3 buttons.

Yeah I'm really nervous, I love AST right now. I wonder how significant they mean.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

THE STARS ALIGN

FEAR THEIR PORTENTS

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Besides wanting players to experience the story content I feel one reason they tied the new relic to needing Hildibrand as a prereq is to increase the population for the trials - and that likely also means they're planning another one for the EW series, so they want to try and get ahead of queue times by incentivizing it in this manner.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
That's a good point. I need the TT card from Kugane Ohashi, probably a good weekend to try and queue it.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm also a lunatic who wants random positionals back so maybe don't feel too bad for me

I don't miss the random positionals, but I do kinda miss gierskogul costing BotD time. (Though at the same time I don't really want the BotD timer back because losing eyes to forced downtime sucks.)

I'm also concerned about the DRG changes.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Hogama posted:

Besides wanting players to experience the story content I feel one reason they tied the new relic to needing Hildibrand as a prereq is to increase the population for the trials - and that likely also means they're planning another one for the EW series, so they want to try and get ahead of queue times by incentivizing it in this manner.

it's also because the relics are going to be sil'dihn almost certainly

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I hope the relic weapon is separate from the Hilibrand questline itself. Asking people to go back and do a 4 expansion long questline for relics is a bit much. Then again ShB made you do the Ivalice questline. 🤮

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CJ posted:

I hope the relic weapon is separate from the Hilibrand questline itself. Asking people to go back and do a 4 expansion long questline for relics is a bit much. Then again ShB made you do the Ivalice questline. 🤮

They've already said that you need to do the Hildibrand questline to unlock it, as it's unlocked as part of the EW Hildebrand story.

And you have a lot more than just Hildebrand to catch up on, like your job quests.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Lord_Magmar posted:

You mean the big spender on a 120 second cool-down alongside the button that gives 50 Kenki which also has a 120 second cool-down?

The spender that specifically had its Kenki cost halved so that you could use the 50 Kenki to do it and Kaiten the new fancy Iajutsu?

Also the back step and dash are 10 Kenki and yes you can technically manage it but they’re a potency loss most of the time when you could instead walk out and walk back in most boss aoes.

Super cool though and I totally use them whenever I can to dodge stuff. But also you only need 10 kenki because you backdash oGCD and then empower your ranged attack GCD (pretty heavily) which gives 10 Kenki for the dash in.

It gives 10 Kenki even without the empowerment actually, so you are always able to dash in you just have to ranged attack first.

I'm well aware that in an ideal situation it's very easy to manage, I apologize for being too glib and dismissing that. Still, if something does happen, as simple as a missed input or bad boss invuln timing, then you have to manage the desync. If nothing else, building it up to burst on party buff timing is something to keep in mind, unless I've missed something massively.

I'm merely saying there are *some* things that make the meter more than a fancy oGCD cooldown. That seemed like an oversimplification.

I do appreciate the reminder that Enpi gives Kenki back, that's good to remember. In extended time being forced off target that's also a nice way to prepare a burst.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Translator's note: kenki means sword's energy

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I committed an act of self harm today by starting the DRG ARR relic. Book 2/9, babbyyyy! :suicide:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meanwhile, Shoha II means 無明照破

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

hazardousmouse posted:

I committed an act of self harm today by starting the DRG ARR relic. Book 2/9, babbyyyy! :suicide:

I’m just glad I picked Excalibur for my one and only; finally finished it tonight.

…now I need to find a glam set to match :negative:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm a broken soul who likes the HW PLD relic more than ARR and vice versa for DRG. This is also my third ARR relic, did WAR and BRD back when they were contemporary.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

CJ posted:

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/1543006668803506177?t=ENOu2ivY-t78ffpfLwKLKQ&s=19

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's dumb but i think it gives a couple triple triad cards so that's something.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

CJ posted:

If you don't care about the cutscenes it's probably like an hour of running around and a little more to do the 4 trials, it's really not that bad

If that seems like too much then I have bad news for you about the rest of the relic grind

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Can you believe it also requires playing 10 years of msq content to access? Ridiculous!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

catching up on hildibrand if you haven’t touched it in a decade would probably be the least grindy step of the relic quest

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Haven't Relic Weapons always been about "we need to stretch out the content lets make the players do existing stuff they wouldn't do otherwise"

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Haven't Relic Weapons always been about "we need to stretch out the content lets make the players do existing stuff they wouldn't do otherwise"

other than eureka, which is totally self-contained

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Go give Summoner more than 3 buttons.
Please god this. I played SMN because I liked to press buttons. Take away the useless carby if you want and give me my dots back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Stormblood LP is back! Sorry for the delay. Enjoy some fallout in the wake of an anime villain clowning on me