Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

eXXon posted:

Good point, has anyone checked Manitoba for the buck-a-beers?

I was just at The Common and most beers were $7.50 so I'm thinking it's definitely Trudeau's fault.

I miss the good old days of 2015 now when any government spending meant "Canada/this province will be just like Greece in a few months". Remember that Conservative talking point? I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

InfiniteZero posted:

I was just at The Common and most beers were $7.50 so I'm thinking it's definitely Trudeau's fault.

I miss the good old days of 2015 now when any government spending meant "Canada/this province will be just like Greece in a few months". Remember that Conservative talking point? I do.

It was actually "just like grease" because they wanted to make it all greasy like Conservative politicians.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
No one has used Greece as a scare country in so long I forgot that it even used to be one. I think Venezuela will be the forever boogeyman country.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Indolent Bastard posted:

Communism is the blanket term for "left" or "politically correct" or "anything I don't care for".

Liberal government? Communist.
Trans rights? Communist.
Any restrictions of my ability to not wear a mask or refuse vaccines? Communist.
Anti-racist policies? Communist.

Stuff that is kinda communist:
Universal healthcare? (Silence)
Canada pension? (Silence)

I hate our good ol' Canadian white nationalist gently caress-wits.

They think Communist is a synonym for Authoritarian. Swaths of people have forgotten the word Authoritarian exists and just use Communist instead. Sometimes "statist" depending on how loony they are, which would imply they are anarchist but they definitely aren't.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Constantly framing the center-right as FAR-LEFT EXTREMISM is also an age-old way to keep the overton window firmly to the right, so it's in the ruling class' best interest to never correct them.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
A terrible, terrible thing has happened; I am, for once, forced to agree with noted Kermit the Frog impersonator Jordan Peterson. Apparently he made a transphobic tweet regarding Elliot Page, and has said in an interview with the National Post, he'd rather die than delete that tweet and/or apologize. On this point, I must concede, he has convinced me and I have no choice but to agree with him: I would also rather he die.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

He's such a petty little idiot, calling it "criminal" of the physician to perform a double mastectomy on Elliot, let alone the anti-LGBTQ. That's right, in Dr. Jorp's ideal society they'd be locking up MDs for the heinous crime of removing breast tissue from someone. His right to ogle your chest more important than your right to sovereignty of your own body.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I chatted with a investigative reporter recently, he was covering anti-vaxx movements in canada. I mentioned how someone I knew went from a typical liberal hippie type to an anti-vaxxer who then started reading jorp and buying into anti-trans stuff just being some entirely unnatural un-organic problem that's probably micro-plastics or something. The reporter said anti-vaxx and anti-trans stuff was extremely linked from all the interviews he'd been doing over the last month, like this weird venn diagram where anti-vaxx and jorp anti-trans stuff end up forming a perfectly overlapping circle.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Remember when Jorp went to Russia to sleep for six months like one of the Disney princesses he loves so much to analyze and forget that he was addicted to benzos

Sincerely sad that he awoke from his slumber with exactly the same amount of brain damage as before and no more.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
*cries in kermit talking about a lobster*

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

Mr. Apollo posted:

It’s literally “the government enacting policies I don’t like is Communism.”

The people who rail the loudest against a buzzword, and who see it everywhere, are generally the least likely to be able to define what the hell it is they're talking about.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PT6A posted:

A terrible, terrible thing has happened; I am, for once, forced to agree with noted Kermit the Frog impersonator Jordan Peterson. Apparently he made a transphobic tweet regarding Elliot Page, and has said in an interview with the National Post, he'd rather die than delete that tweet and/or apologize. On this point, I must concede, he has convinced me and I have no choice but to agree with him: I would also rather he die.

At the very least I wish he were permanently still in a coma.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lassitude posted:

He's such a petty little idiot, calling it "criminal" of the physician to perform a double mastectomy on Elliot, let alone the anti-LGBTQ. That's right, in Dr. Jorp's ideal society they'd be locking up MDs for the heinous crime of removing breast tissue from someone. His right to ogle your chest more important than your right to sovereignty of your own body.

The guy considered it government tyranny when a private corporation puts a plus-size model on the cover of their magazine. He's firmly in the "I'm not against government tyranny, I just want to be the tyrant" camp.

Not to mention the stupid poo poo he was spouting about how only humans kill for reasons other than eating, and that makes us less than animals (so he's obviously never seen a cat).

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

PT6A posted:

For some reason I thought his daughter hated him but she's quoted as calling Twitter "definitely not a free speech platform" in regards to his twitter suspension so I guess I must be thinking of some other raving idiot whose children hate them.
My response to that is "obviously". I'm not sure what free speech platform is even supposed to mean and I doubt that Twitter has ever called itself something like that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Nah she's hitched to his grift, even running his socials during his Russian Meat and Benzo nap

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

tagesschau posted:

The people who rail the loudest against a buzzword, and who see it everywhere, are generally the least likely to be able to define what the hell it is they're talking about.

I have absolutely zero idea what you mean.

FREEDOM!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Fidelitious posted:

For some reason I thought his daughter hated him but she's quoted as calling Twitter "definitely not a free speech platform" in regards to his twitter suspension so I guess I must be thinking of some other raving idiot whose children hate them.

Elon Musk? I think I remember reading something about his daughter emancipating herself and changing her last name.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I thought she was in the grift and heavily promoting all steak all the time diets.

Edit: jorps daughter for clarity

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lassitude posted:

Serious brain rot. He has gone from, "It's tyranny to ask me to use a pronoun", to "It's criminal that my whims don't override their bodily autonomy".

His views have always been rubbish but he used to successfully troll people into overreacting. He would say [Thing A]. People would attack him for [Thing B], which was worse, and which flowed naturally from [Thing A] , but he hadn't actually said [Thing B]. Then he would attack the attackers for inaccuracy, and profit from the "I'm a victim of cancel culture" narrative. Now he just yells [Thing B]. He must make the same money either way, so he doesn't bother with the game anymore.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Maneck posted:

Serious brain rot. He has gone from, "It's tyranny to ask me to use a pronoun", to "It's criminal that my whims don't override their bodily autonomy".

His views have always been rubbish but he used to successfully troll people into overreacting. He would say [Thing A]. People would attack him for [Thing B], which was worse, and which flowed naturally from [Thing A] , but he hadn't actually said [Thing B]. Then he would attack the attackers for inaccuracy, and profit from the "I'm a victim of cancel culture" narrative. Now he just yells [Thing B]. He must make the same money either way, so he doesn't bother with the game anymore.

If rubes are going to continually give him money knowing Thing B was what his intention was all along why not skip Thing A and get the money faster? Those benzos and steaks wont pay for themselves.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Jorp’s daughter is in on the grift. Musk’s daughter changed her last name because she didn’t want to have anything to do with him.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Can't blame Jorp's daughter for being a fuckup, imagine the psychological trauma of realizing your life's journey began in Jordan "Kermit" Peterson's ballsack.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Baronjutter posted:

I chatted with a investigative reporter recently, he was covering anti-vaxx movements in canada. I mentioned how someone I knew went from a typical liberal hippie type to an anti-vaxxer who then started reading jorp and buying into anti-trans stuff just being some entirely unnatural un-organic problem that's probably micro-plastics or something. The reporter said anti-vaxx and anti-trans stuff was extremely linked from all the interviews he'd been doing over the last month, like this weird venn diagram where anti-vaxx and jorp anti-trans stuff end up forming a perfectly overlapping circle.

Yeah it's basically all run by the same loving people

On a related note - you'll never guess what those two heavily armed bank robbers were into!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-brothers-in-botched-bc-bank-robbery-had-become-angry-and-radical/

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Alctel posted:

On a related note - you'll never guess what those two heavily armed bank robbers were into!

The article left out that the Instagram was mostly just pro-gun poo poo and a few anti-Trudeau posts that were related to the gun buy-back program but one politician that was being followed on the account was Andrew Scheer.

Again, who would have guessed.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

tagesschau posted:

I had a friend who was scooped by the YouTube conspiracy theory algorithm and is now basically an Iranian white supremacist (believes Iranians are the best of all the west asians). He said Trudeau was a communist and I said I wished he was and to please define what he believes communism is.

He couldn’t give even a vague definition and instead said it’s tyranny.

I told him that Trudeau would have been put in the gulag if he lived under Stalinism and if he’s trying to convince me to agree with him on anything, he’ll need to have at least a grade 10 level understanding of what he’s criticizing.

He then told me that Somalis have such low IQ because in their culture only the elite can wear hats and their brains bake in the sun. I asked if imperialism, colonialism or poverty have any impact on a society’s IQ and he said no, it’s the hats.

Never wasting time on the too far gone’s again. Too many other people to reach first who aren’t utter lunatics.

Edit: hey my insane friend is also into the Waco raid thing just like the heist twins! Great!

ARACHTION fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 4, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Jesus people really need to learn media literacy.

How do people go from "I saw this on youtube or twitter" to "this is clearly inerrant fact!" so easily? There's clearly a lot of poo poo on all sides that fairly unhinged, or at least very poorly supported, being talked about like it's gospel truth, because it agrees with the reader's pre-existing bias. This has been happening fairly regularly with COVID poo poo... for all the nonsense on the right about COVID, the extreme "other side" has been very bad in a lot of ways as well. You'd think we're all on death's door about to die of strokes and viral meningitis and masks are completely useless, and that's pretty deranged too.

The one common thread is that the current media environment, largely driven by social media and "engagement" has no room for sanity, because no one wants to hear (again, using COVID as an example): "this is a dangerous disease, but by taking precautionary measures you can reduce your risk considerably and you'll probably, but not definitely, be alright if you contract it after being fully vaccinated." No, you either get: "COVID is basically a common cold and any suggestion otherwise is a fabrication of the Jews and Communists, who, by the way, are responsible for every bad thing in your life including your wife leaving you" or, "you're gonna die! There's nothing you can do to stop it! Behold, I saw a pale horse, and the one who rode him was COVID and death followed in his wake, we're all going to get long COVID and stroke out before we hit 30!"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

ARACHTION posted:

Edit: hey my insane friend is also into the Waco raid thing just like the heist twins! Great!

I'm big into the Waco raid, I think it was great. The government should forcibly gently caress with more cults, IMHO. Warren Jeffs and the Blackmores should've had the same happen to them before they could rape any more children. The vile fucker's in prison now at least, but how many people could've been saved if we hadn't danced around the issue on both sides of the border?

How this became a defining even for libertarians when unarmed Black people being murdered by police isn't, is beyond me, but I suspect it has to do with racism. And that being said, I know Ammon Bundy himself got criticized when he supported the Black Lives Matter protests, which goes to show you where the majority of this movement is at mentally speaking.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 4, 2022

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The waco raids was dumb atf flexing their poo poo after numerous times showing their entire rear end. So they needed to show the world they weren't so hosed up. This is what happens when all you have is a hammer so you just keep telling yourself everything's a nail.

Whatever your thoughts on cults or small stanalone communities, waco is basically a lot of "what not to dos"

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
25 kids died in Waco, maybe pick something else for your lust of cult raids.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Ah yes that's certainly the government's fault, not the nuts who were holding them hostage, using them as human shields, and probably sexually abusing them. The government sure was the real problem is that situation, ayup!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't know dude you were the one that said on one hand you want government agencies to raid/gently caress with cults more often and the other said that they tend to use children as human shields.

You reconcile that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
If Waco is a hill you really want to die on we can find a way to send you back to April 19, 1993.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 5, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

It's not the hill I particularly care about one way or the other, but suspiciously a bunch of complete loving nuts seem to have seized on it as a cause. I suspect I'm probably on the right side of this, since I'm on the side that's firmly against cults, child abuse, and the OKC bombing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you choose to be born into a cult you deserve what you get IMHO. :o:

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

PT6A posted:

Ah yes that's certainly the government's fault, not the nuts who were holding them hostage, using them as human shields, and probably sexually abusing them. The government sure was the real problem is that situation, ayup!

American police had to burn those children alive. Happy July 4th!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

They spent near enough two months trying to bring things to a peaceful end. Who would've guessed that the child abusing mental patient cared nothing about the lives of those around him? How is that the ATF's fault?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I suppose it is good that no children were "harmed" by government forces during the Ottawa occupation, despite them effectively also being used as human shields.

On that topic of media literacy, I remember when the George Floyd murder was only a few weeks old one of my friends made a comment about how inappropriate some BLM people were being. The specific example he used was (his description) videos of a big black man going up to white girls and aggressively telling them to get on their knees and apologize for being white. Now I laughed at that because it sounded outrageous but he seemed quite shocked that I didn't believe it to be true. I asked him where he saw these videos because a Google search wasn't turning up anything and his response was "well of course there aren't any hits, they don't want people to see that, it hurts the narrative" but I couldn't even find anything on snopes or other fact-checking sites.

Anyone here hear anything about that? Or did my friend get sucked down a rabbit hole that I was able to avoid?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Your friend is a rube who very likely got rooked by some clip from a race baiting porno.

McGavin posted:

If you choose to be born into a cult you deserve what you get IMHO. :o:

My mother joined a cult after I was born, but while I was still a child, not sure where I fall here.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

They spent near enough two months trying to bring things to a peaceful end. Who would've guessed that the child abusing mental patient cared nothing about the lives of those around him? How is that the ATF's fault?

Pull up you moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pull up you moron

WARNING
WARNING
ALTITUDE

Alctel fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 5, 2022