Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Stardom getting both Kairi and Io back would be loving crazy to imagine a few years ago. I feel AEW has to at least make an inquiry with Io though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think they will try but not fight hard. They probably feel like they can get Io on an interpromotional show anyway.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I'd be surprised if she went back to Japan. From what others have said, Io seemed pretty determined to work in America long term, plus she seemed more acclimated to it than Kairi. Of course, that's just the impression she gave, who knows how she really feels? I'd love to see her in current STARDOM.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pylons posted:

I think they will try but not fight hard. They probably feel like they can get Io on an interpromotional show anyway.

Tony would genuinely be loving stupid if he didn't make an earnest effort to get Io as a full-timer

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 1, 2022

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Power Windows posted:

I'd be surprised if she went back to Japan. From what others have said, Io seemed pretty determined to work in America long term, plus she seemed more acclimated to it than Kairi. Of course, that's just the impression she gave, who knows how she really feels? I'd love to see her in current STARDOM.

I mean it's Dave so take it with a grain of salt as his sources especially when it comes to Io are not great, but she apparently misses her family, and her sisters have said she hasn't seen them in person since the pandemic actually started so that's gotta hurt.

Regardless, WWE dropped the ball massively on her, to the point of where I think she is easily the most squandered women's talent in modern WWE history. It's why if she wants to remain in America, she would be better off freelancing or signing a deal with AEW, provided Tony actually pushes her as the top of the division. I honestly wouldn't rule out her coming in immediately and beating Rosa for the title if so.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Power Windows posted:

Dreaming of living in a country and the reality can often be very different

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Isn't she still with EVIL? God forbid

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Auritech posted:

She did an interview with some Japanese news outlet shortly after that came out saying they were a thing at one point but not anymore.

As for Io in general, I do think WWE wants her to stay as SRS mentioned a month or two ago on Fightful Select that Io was incredibly well liked by wrestlers and management alike for being easy to work with, and just having a good attitude. Problem is that Vince has the final call in this situation. So while people like Nick Khan might see value in her (I mean he wanted to keep KAIRI under contract to help build up a fanbase for WWE in Japan), Vince is dumb enough to refuse to offer her whatever she might want.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 1, 2022

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Dreaming of living in a country and the reality can often be very different

Yeah I can imagine. That's why Kenta and Kushida still living in the US surprises me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Yeah I can imagine. That's why Kenta and Kushida still living in the US surprises me.

They have kids they don't want in the Japanese school system, which is understandable.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They have kids they don't want in the Japanese school system, which is understandable.

I totally misread this at first and thought it was the kids who were unwanted

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Auritech posted:

EVIL is a good God handsome man. Now if she had to wrestle her husband as part of their marriage and Dick Togo had to be there then yeah.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given the level of education provided in the US....how bad is the Japanese school system?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Given the level of education provided in the US....how bad is the Japanese school system?

I cannot attest to it first hand, but have heard from friends over there that it's...not great. Bullying isn't uncommon over there, and the pressure to do incredibly well is incredibly overwhelming and crushing. Like over here, the average peer isn't going to give a gently caress if you get Cs and Bs, but in Japan, not getting top scores usually results in you not having a great time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

She did an interview with some Japanese news outlet shortly after that came out saying they were a thing at one point but not anymore.

I guess she's seen his House of Torture matches too

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I totally misread this at first and thought it was the kids who were unwanted

They just have bad vibes

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1543199891849359360?s=21&t=aGLYO4EwLintHcrnPNoI6Q

The serious promotion

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Well that's gotta be the first ever 3 way Coffin Match. Are all the matches on this show gonna be setup with goofy skits?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1543216401204539392

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1543207284675059712?t=EEksjsiy4Lt4Zij9huiMlA&s=19

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

:sickos:

Stardom has been injected with a lethal dose of Sakuraism.

More seriously, I wonder how influenced New Blood and Showcase were by TJPW's Influence series of sub-shows.

Talking of sub-shows though, Prominence is back on Wrestle Universe! (Except only as a DDT spin off Mao produce single show brand)

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Looks like Rika got some ideas from Maika. Though she isn't stupid to do that when it's cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YTk_7LLio

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

lmao at her theme starting as soon as she's under it

Is that a specific waterfall?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1543837159152427008?t=lLuoilCL-LG8mFFkOlZl7g&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Willow's cool but that's a hell of an upgrade

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

boo no Willow. Yay Aniki! Now do a triple threat.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Welp, there go Miu's chances of winning that match lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

people in this thread doubting the abilities of Strong Girl. Shameful.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Rarity posted:

Willow's cool but that's a hell of an upgrade

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1543874758193717248

After another backstage skit setting it up we now have the second match for Stardom in Showcase, a four way falls count anywhere match. Seems like backstage skit------match announcement with special graphic is how they're setting up the card.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, sucks Willow can't be there but goddamn that is a great substitute.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I'm actually more excited now that Aniki is going to be there. Saturday cannot come soon enough for me! (Plus a typhoon is on its way so that gives me more reason to hibernate or something.)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Full Card for the DDT X Prominence show
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1543927776293552130

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Takahiro Katori with a photoshopped ribbon & top is tremendous

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDTs hit rate on entertainment just makes their persistent showcasing of Pheromones all the more baffling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Latest Sendai Girls show to be uploaded
16th May Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Saori Anou vs. Manami
Ryo Mizunami & Yurika Oka vs. Ayame Sasamura & Tomoka Inaba
Hardcore Match: Reiwa Ultima Powers (DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto) vs. Prominence (Mochi Natsumi & Risa Sera)
Sendai Girls Tag Team Titles: Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu) (c) vs. RED Energy (Mika Iwata & Miyuki Takase)

Opener should be uploaded tomorrow.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

DDTs hit rate on entertainment just makes their persistent showcasing of Pheromones all the more baffling

Pheromones are the dump stat of DDT

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1543874758193717248

After another backstage skit setting it up we now have the second match for Stardom in Showcase, a four way falls count anywhere match. Seems like backstage skit------match announcement with special graphic is how they're setting up the card.

Man, Stardom showcase molding to be another banger. With so much talent in the match, I wonder will they go formula of AZM vsKoguma vsUnagi, from last month, which was well received by the fans.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

FatBagzJones posted:

Man, Stardom showcase molding to be another banger. With so much talent in the match, I wonder will they go formula of AZM vsKoguma vsUnagi, from last month, which was well received by the fans.

STARDOM has been injected with a lethal dose of Misaoism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1544713409253425152?s=20&t=dZ9SqLqbJUf2hrj3JBYZqA