Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So, Creative White Bricks...

I call this "Resting Spearfisherman":

Some renders - the fancy duck and rabbit aren't terribly original considering the default builds kind of have smaller similar critters, but they're the most robust things like that I can make:

Fancy Duck:

Big Rabbit:

Spearfishing Guy:

Tortoise and Crane (my favorite so far):

Bone Dragon?

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

In another universe pogs came back in Alf form.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

In another universe pogs came back in Alf form.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah that was the reference

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
https://brickset.com/article/79130/40521-mini-disney-the-haunted-mansion-unveiled!

680 pieces
£34.99, $39.99, €34.99

I'm a little baffled on this one. 680 pieces? Where? I understand all the sideways windows are parts-dense, but it still feels pretty... insubstantial for the price. The interior is neat, I guess, but the exterior is a bit of a let down. I'm not thrilled with how those gable ends were handled. Gonna need to see a review of this one before I commit.

On the other hand, hooray for the return of sand green 1 x 1 round plates. Those things cost a drat fortune on BL right now - about a buck a pop minimum, and most stores only have 1 to 3. They cost over $2 ea from any seller that has more than 3 in stock. This set has dozens of them!

I know it's hardly fair, but it's hard not to be disappointed coming off last year's utterly phenomenal 40478: Mini Disney Castle.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 2, 2022

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Carbohydrates posted:

https://brickset.com/article/79130/40521-mini-disney-the-haunted-mansion-unveiled!

680 pieces
£34.99, $39.99, €34.99

I'm a little baffled on this one. 680 pieces? Where? I understand all the sideways windows are parts-dense, but it still feels pretty... insubstantial for the price. The interior is neat, I guess, but the exterior is a bit of a let down. I'm not thrilled with how those gable ends were handled. Gonna need to see a review of this one before I commit.

On the other hand, hooray for the return of sand green 1 x 1 round plates. Those things cost a drat fortune on BL right now - about a buck a pop minimum, and most stores only have 1 to 3. They cost over $2 ea from any seller that has more than 3 in stock. This set has dozens of them!

I know it's hardly fair, but it's hard not to be disappointed coming off last year's utterly phenomenal 40478: Mini Disney Castle.

I’m dumb so I’ll still buy it, but I’m a little disappointed it’s the Land version instead of the superior World building. God help me if they start a line that includes the other attractions.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

last year's utterly phenomenal 40478: Mini Disney Castle.

I don't believe this exists. Except on Ebay.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

quote:

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't believe this exists. Except on Ebay.
my wife picked up one as an impulse buy in the first week it was out and I guess she made the right call

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Prophet of Nixon posted:

So, Creative White Bricks...

I call this "Resting Spearfisherman":

Make the feet bigger and it's Don Martin figure

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Davros1 posted:

Make the feet bigger and it's Don Martin figure

Unfortunately I'm like out of parts when it comes to finishing the feet, hence the dainty yellow shoes.

Here's an attempt at a Schnauzer:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Unfortunately I'm like out of parts when it comes to finishing the feet, hence the dainty yellow shoes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Not a schnauzer without a moustache and triangle ears.
I think your current ears would make a good schnauzer stache

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That's Brian Griffin.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Tarquinn posted:

That's Brian Griffin.

I've accidentally cursed the bricks, haven't I?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

HootTheOwl posted:

Not a schnauzer without a moustache and triangle ears.
I think your current ears would make a good schnauzer stache

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I've accidentally cursed the bricks, haven't I?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I was looking up my old sets like 6060 knights jousting challenge (maybe it's 1584? They seem to be the same) and 6077-2 rivermens fortress on bricklink and they're listed for crazy prices. Why is that? Just nostalgia? The 6953 futuron space base is way more in line with original cost + inflation

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 3, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do the powered up things do much more than power functions? They cost like 4x as much but as far as I can see, they have bluetooth stuff on the battery packs but the motors are the same other than the connection type.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

mastershakeman posted:

I was looking up my old sets like 6060 knights jousting challenge (maybe it's 1584? They seem to be the same) and 6077-2 rivermens fortress on bricklink and they're listed for crazy prices. Why is that? Just nostalgia? The 6953 futuron space base is way more in line with original cost + inflation

Speculation + Nostalgia + how complete are your booklets and boxes.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Rarity is a factor too. Take 6071 Forestmen's Crossing for example - it was only released in the US/Canada and has a couple of unique parts (the printed baseplate and the green female fig) so it's ridiculously expensive for a <200 part set.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

can't tell if bad piece quality or just jpeg artifacting.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Landing Space Shuttle:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shuttles powered when they land? Always thought it was a glide operation

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

a sexual elk posted:

Shuttles powered when they land? Always thought it was a glide operation

You are 100% correct, I'll lose the orange cone on there. Thanks!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I’d switch it for a stud. Even if it’s technically incorrect, I think it helps.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Find a way to flip it around and you can say it's the drove chute popping out. :)

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

TheMadMilkman posted:

I’d switch it for a stud. Even if it’s technically incorrect, I think it helps.

Gave this a shot, but preferred just the black part in the back.

I put a batch of instructions for Creative White Bricks things up on Rebrickable, and I'm back to the blue set now for a bit. Here's a Stingray:

I'm glad I finally picked these up, they've been entertaining.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

Another random one of these I found looking up my old sets is 7414 Elephant Caravan, part of the Adventurers theme, which is somehow double the price of similar size sets in that theme. Presumably the elephant is the rare piece there?

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Yes, that elephant only appears in two sets, the other being 7418 from the same line. It's also unique in dark grey to 7414 (light grey in 7418). Until the City wildlife sets from last year it was the only minifig scale elephant ever made, unless you count the woolly mammoth from the 2018 Arctic line.

Since it's made up of a few parts rather than a single molded piece, I also believe it's difficult to find complete.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

It's also complicated by the fact that each of the elephant's ears is held in with a single round pin, which is SURPRISINGLY flimsy. If you stored any of your Lego in a bin at any point, there's a very good chance you broke one of those ears clean off with the pin still inside the elephant body. Combine that with the scarcity of little plastic elephants, and it's a bit of a nightmare if you're looking to buy one after the fact.

(I have one in each color that Little Me very sagely stored incredibly safely... and the gray one still lost an ear to pin shearing.)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm no prophet of nixon but so great is my hatred for the world that I crafted this abomination out of the monster kit

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm no prophet of nixon but so great is my hatred for the world that I crafted this abomination out of the monster kit

It's beautiful!

Edit: I am looking at the inventory of this set now and it's even weirder than I imagined from the box illustrations. Make more!

Edit Edit: I just picked this up on the way home from work but I am probably too tired to get into it tonight. Interested though.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 5, 2022

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

So a couple years ago, someone put a big bag of Star Wars legos into a clothing donation bin I help manage at my church. One of the figures in it was an ugly janky watto figure. I just learned today that figure is up on bricklink for no less than 100 bux, and the headpiece itself goes for 90. Of course I'd have to find someone who'd be willing to pay that, but still, lol.

in what universe is this piece of crap worth $100?

Now I'm definitely hanging on to mine out of pure dumb spite and refusal to participate in a marketplace so far divorced from reality.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It was in one set. 20 years ago. No wonder it's so valuable.

Goes to show: any fig that has unique pieces that is only put in one set is likely to be valuable. Except LEGO doesn't really do that very much any more. LEGO Batman movie sets have a bunch of them, though.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Sexual Lorax posted:

Now I'm definitely hanging on to mine out of pure dumb spite and refusal to participate in a marketplace so far divorced from reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HOt0ZOcYk

Edit: At most.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 5, 2022

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Waltzing Along posted:

It was in one set. 20 years ago. No wonder it's so valuable.

Goes to show: any fig that has unique pieces that is only put in one set is likely to be valuable. Except LEGO doesn't really do that very much any more. LEGO Batman movie sets have a bunch of them, though.

I told my wife about the LEGO goat, and she got me this set that had one for my birthday:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DUPLOAT

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

He's kind of a riff on the first basic model from 11017.

I call him "Cosmic Gas Station Mechanic":

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sexual Lorax posted:

Are those tiny feet at the front or bags in skin color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't collect prequel stuff, so I assumed it was worth so much because he was only featured in that one set. but it looks like Lego made a much more affordable, much better looking version of him. Wonder why that one is so desirable. usually with SW those early, lovely looking unprinted unique mold characters are worthless compared to later, good looking versions that are also out of production.