Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I mean I don't know anything about Isekai Harem but based on the name alone I'm assuming it's about a guy who dies and then gets a harem? I don't really go in for isekai but what is the deal with all the slavery, is it a thing in japanese video games?

yeah. very common mechanic. you ever play mario? big part of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Have we figured out how to make images the thread title yet?

:nws: :nws:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The Colonel posted:

yeah. very common mechanic. you ever play mario? big part of those

I kind of assumed the toads were more like serfs rather than chattel slaves tbh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Turn back thread, turn back

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Let's talk about wholesome things instead, like Made in Abyss

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012

Tamba posted:

Me, 30 seconds into the new episode: “Ah, right yes. Of course.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tamba posted:

yes that is some hole they're in

marumaru
May 20, 2013

yofukashi no uta's first episode was pretty cool. the art reminds me a bit of that candy girl anime i didn't watch

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

marumaru posted:

yofukashi no uta's first episode was pretty cool. the art reminds me a bit of that candy girl anime i didn't watch

That'd make sense, Kotoyama created both.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

marumaru posted:

Some really nice background art as well

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Tamba posted:

Some really nice background art as well

and ED song!

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

3DBlast posted:

Is it genius performance art that the story about adventurers wandering into a cave that gets progressively more hosed up and horrifying but they keep going on because their intrepid curiosity compels them, is also a manga where every story arc becomes more progressively hosed up and gross but I keep reading because I want to find out what's at that god damned bottom? I think we all know the answer to this.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

3DBlast posted:

Malsangoroth posted:

Is it genius performance art that the story about adventurers wandering into a cave that gets progressively more hosed up and horrifying but they keep going on because their intrepid curiosity compels them, is also a manga where every story arc becomes more progressively hosed up and gross but I keep reading because I want to find out what's at that god damned bottom? I think we all know the answer to this.

100% same

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think thats just the main concept of the series, not 'performance art'

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

marumaru posted:

and ED song!

It's not even a new song, it has been around for a few years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6_zbnfxoBA

(it's played a lot at club mogra events)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tamba posted:

It's not even a new song, it has been around for a few years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6_zbnfxoBA

(it's played a lot at club mogra events)

the manga was named after the song so makes sense they'd use it in the anime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Isekai Harem:

"Oh maybe this will be dumb fun like Otohme Mob..."

*3 seconds into OP luscious anime yiddies*
*1st episode is basically "You sir, you look like a rich horny bastard! May I interest you in a slave? You can *&>*? Her in the *^#*<&@ and *<#<#&#*

K,nope

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

So Yofukashi no Uta:
I like how the daylight scenes just had very bland colors

then evening:

and the night was just extremely vibrant and colorful:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Arsnotoria is a very strange series, but it seems very in tune with the video game that it's adapted from. The video game is a mobile RPG. Here's a video of the gameplay which doesn't really explain much about the game, but sorta explains the dissonance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does MiA season 2 recap the movie or do I still need to get to watching it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I mean I don't know anything about Isekai Harem but based on the name alone I'm assuming it's about a guy who dies and then gets a harem? I don't really go in for isekai but what is the deal with all the slavery, is it a thing in japanese video games?
no most isekai series just started as self-published web novels published by horny dudes hence you get stuff like that

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Waffleman_ posted:

Does MiA season 2 recap the movie or do I still need to get to watching it?
It does not.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

no most isekai series just started as self-published web novels published by horny dudes hence you get stuff like that

also this one is like The self-published web novel by a horny author, the web novel started in '11 and then the next year got ln art by the fmp illustrator. it popularized the kind of isekai where 90% of the experience is alternating between jrpg menus and harem sex

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

call of the night is a good manga and the adaptation is awesome.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
it's the official call of the night picture posting thread

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the shot where they first meet is so cool and gave me some vintage monogatari araragi freakout vibes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad a show realized the inherent coolness of wandering around a city at 4 am with a complete stranger

marumaru
May 20, 2013

and not getting stabbed to death for crack cocaine money!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you think about it that's pretty cool from one side's perspective

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
For Made in Abyss I need to watch the Dawn of the Deep Soul movie right, it isn't like a compilation movie?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Correct. It's literally just the arc immediately following season 1 as a movie instead of part of a TV season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Call of the Night - 14yo boy meets Manic Vampire Dream Girl
Legit though, it's a pretty fun series and it starts off with some silly hijinks before it starts introducing Mahiru's friends and Nazuna "Friends". I'm pretty certain I know where the series is gonna end at which is a pretty good stopping point all things considered but it's pretty much the end of the arc before the current one so if it turns out fantastic, I wouldn't expect an S2 for at least a year or two.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Looks like Lycoris Recoil is skipping this week (possibly the whole season?) due to recent events (Abe got shot)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tamba posted:

Looks like Lycoris Recoil is skipping this week (possibly the whole season?) due to recent events (Abe got shot)

I figured they'd skip at least the latest showing since their opening premise is "schoolgirls shoot bad people to make Japan a more peaceful society"

It remains to be seen if they'll keep airing the show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopefully they do without changes, i enjoyed ep 1, but uh, this is the worst timing since the time precure started a season about illnesses right as covid started

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tamba posted:

Where is this info? I see nothing new on their site or twitter about this

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Where is this info? I see nothing new on their site or twitter about this
I might have misunderstood this twitter post as them re-airing episode 1:
https://twitter.com/lycoris_recoil/status/1545022102579073024

But that might just be the regular first airing on that station?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

hopefully they do without changes, i enjoyed ep 1, but uh, this is the worst timing since the time precure started a season about illnesses right as covid started

SD Gundam actually one-upped that, if you can believe it. The seventh episode, airing in January 2020, was called "Yellow Pandemic".

Not much of a surprise that the next episode was delayed for a year.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well the tweet was several hours before the shooting ever happened, so it's definitely not related. And the website has a post dated July 8 with details on when episode 2 airs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tamba posted:

I might have misunderstood this twitter post as them re-airing episode 1:
https://twitter.com/lycoris_recoil/status/1545022102579073024

But that might just be the regular first airing on that station?

this tweet is from before the shooting