Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Flyinglemur posted:

I would have a difficult time having my air hockey table that close to my Lego sets with all of the pucks flying off. I have enough anxiety having it close to my bobbleheads, but those are at least behind one of the goals.

You play air hockey much more violently than I do.
For me it's perfect because it provides a barrier to keep people away from the shelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Butterfly Valley posted:

Is this a MOC designed to look retro or an actual retro theme, it's done really well

You should click the link. It's a world of pure imagination.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Flyinglemur posted:

I would have a difficult time having my air hockey table that close to my Lego sets with all of the pucks flying off.

Loser has to rebuild the damaged sets.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Chris Knight posted:

Maybe read the article?

Sorry for not realising the picture was from the article which was multiple posts back and not quoted.

ChesterJT posted:

You should click the link. It's a world of pure imagination.

It is cool, and now I understand my confusion as I thought it was repurposed aquazone stuff

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 11, 2022

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Target has a few sets on sale
https://www.target.com/pl/846059678

I got the ISS for $52.49

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Darth TNT posted:

That grey and red thing looks incredibly boring.

The Blacktron stuff looks neat though. Are they all wearing neckties?

Also digging the green and white multicolor Tron.

Though that guy in the back with the car looks ridiculous. The heck is that giant arch?

Hold up.

Computer, zoom and enhance.

Zoom and enhance.

Space cat??? A space minifig wearing a huge orange harness? What is this?

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 11, 2022

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I'm pretty sure that's just the old 'Jetpack with Handles' piece cast in Orange on a grey minifigure wearing a green helmet and transparent orange visor

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
x

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Blooop! :argh:

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Hold up.

Computer, zoom and enhance.

Zoom and enhance.

Space cat??? A space minifig wearing a huge orange harness? What is this?

It is a jet pack

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

That grey and red thing looks incredibly boring.

The Blacktron stuff looks neat though. Are they all wearing neckties?

Also digging the green and white multicolor Tron.

Though that guy in the back with the car looks ridiculous. The heck is that giant arch?

Huge guess here, but it kind of looks like the wheels on the rear end of that vehicle can spread out for some magnet crane action.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I see it now! It's also attached to the trailer to a flexi hose thing

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm curious how you saw a cat in those pixels.

Not judging.. but huh?? :v:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

xzzy posted:

I'm curious how you saw a cat in those pixels.

Not judging.. but huh?? :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You got a better brain than me.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I see a facehugger alien

e: maybe a headcrab is more like it?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:same:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Is there a trick to having the Deloreans doors remain open?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jusupov posted:

Mine just started staying open after a few weeks ha. Easy mods though if you want a more reliable solution.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jusupov posted:

There's two anti-studs at the hinge, stick a 2x2 inverted bracket in there and it holds it open.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Sexual Lorax posted:

Huge guess here, but it kind of looks like the wheels on the rear end of that vehicle can spread out for some magnet crane action.

That's exactly it! It's got the magnetic couplers on the vehicle and the top of the crane

Goddamn I want every single one of these sets. Underwater monorail? Swooshable spaceships, cranes, bases, and rovers? Classic castle: colonizers edition? Lego take my money already

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

OSU_Matthew posted:

Lego take my money already

You still have money? All I have is LEGO now. Unfortunately the corner store won't trade bricks for M&Ms.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

OSU_Matthew posted:

Lego take my money already

They're working on it - here's a list of upcoming price increases: https://brickset.com/article/79374/list-of-price-increases-in-the-usa

The persistently out of stock Delorean hurts the most, but there are a lot of ridiculous 25% increases in there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So I guess they are waiting for the price increase to bring the delorean back?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Raising prices by 25% after another year of record profits really chaps my rear end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Scipiotik posted:

Raising prices by 25% after another year of record profits really chaps my rear end.

Oh yeah, it’s in the same arena of ‘unfortunately no pay raises this year for workers, but the company reports increased profits over last year’. It leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. I love Lego, but they’re not doing themselves any favours in keeping people loyal.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
That's it, back to Mega Bloks!! :mad:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

So I guess they are waiting for the price increase to bring the delorean back?

Probably.

Sucked seeing it in stock at Target and B&N last week at 169 and then B&N, in the middle of people buying it, jacked their prices up. Some people were even happy paying the extra $30 just to get the set.

This is 100% LEGO taking advantage of inflation poo poo to garner even more profit.

Might be time to finally bow out and sell all my poo poo. Well, except for this set. And that one. And this one. Oh yeah, and this one. Sigh. gently caress you LEGO.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Futanari Damacy posted:

My kid brought home a halo megablox set his grandma got him. It's just a part of the ring so I explained what it is since he didn't know what halo is. More importantly it was a super fiddly build and maybe my eyes are going but I really struggled to differentiate a lot of the tiny pieces in their instructions

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Lego.com has double VIP points today and tomorrow with some sets being freshly marked down as well. Definitely more options than the single(?) set that's on sale for Prime Day.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/categories/sales-and-deals

Monkie Kid's Galactic Explorer finally being available at international prices with double VIP points tacked on is a solid win in my book, especially before the price hikes hit.

I saw the new big Basic box 11022 Space Mission w/ 1700 pieces at my local Costco for $55, down from $70 retail. I've been looking for bulk bricks in fabulous colors, I'll probably have to snag one before they disappear.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sexual Lorax posted:

I don't see it. I mean I think there's a hinge at the top, but it just doesn't look like it would make even a halfway decent crane? It's such a weird vehicle.
You have:
1: Cool buggy with probably research trailer
2: Cool ship
3: Mobile command center
4: Buggy pulling a capital A

They even put large white rocket exhausts on the A.

Futanari Damacy posted:

I see a facehugger alien

e: maybe a headcrab is more like it?

Same.

I always wanted one of those double shoulder cannons when I was a kid. They looked so cool.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Messed up that Europa never got made imo

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Futanari Damacy posted:

Nope, there's no escape, Mega's getting in on it too:

https://creations.mattel.com/products/mega-masters-of-the-universe-snake-mountain-hhd16

mastershakeman posted:

My kid brought home a halo megablox set his grandma got him. It's just a part of the ring so I explained what it is since he didn't know what halo is. More importantly it was a super fiddly build and maybe my eyes are going but I really struggled to differentiate a lot of the tiny pieces in their instructions

That's a bummer... I haven't built that one, but I could see it having a bunch of 1x1 snot pieces and whatnot to get that shape and form. That's one thing lego does really well, differentiating the piece colors on the internal structure so you have a variety of pieces and it's easier to put together.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just built the UCS Slave 1 I had in backlog. gently caress stickers on transclear stuff, at least give me two tries like with the A-Wing!!! :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hocus Pocus is gonna be the next Ideas set. :sigh:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

Probably.

Sucked seeing it in stock at Target and B&N last week at 169 and then B&N, in the middle of people buying it, jacked their prices up. Some people were even happy paying the extra $30 just to get the set.

This is 100% LEGO taking advantage of inflation poo poo to garner even more profit.

Might be time to finally bow out and sell all my poo poo. Well, except for this set. And that one. And this one. Oh yeah, and this one. Sigh. gently caress you LEGO.

Judging by that list it’s probably also an attempt at pushing some slow selling inventory before the price bump. Lmao at the $70 bump on the Technic Lambo, jfc. They’ll move a few hundred to buyers who were on the fence and then retire it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

The_Doctor posted:

okay I guess

Uh, the build needs a lot of refinement. It will be updated a ton. It has stability issues and out of production pieces that will be addressed and replaced by LEGO. It's also just super basic in terms of technique, with nothing interesting going on at all for the tudor, texturing, etc. I hope this thing looks radically different by the time LEGO is done with it - maybe smaller in scope but more dense with detail, and not such a boring build.

I'm sorry to be so rude to a build that obviously was popular enough to garner 10k and an approval, but I'm salty about Ideas and this thing really is letting me down. Look at that tree!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/03e29e48-9f95-4d53-bac9-369356ea6d25

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Ha. I’m working on downsizing my family’s collection, and every time I get a set put together and ready I have that same thought.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

The_Doctor posted:

I like it but my girlfriend told me it’s a day one purchase for us since one of our cats is named Thackeray Binx.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lego is going to modify it to fit with the new movie as a tie in and nerds will get angry just like with the ecto 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Would've been legit excited for this before Bette Midler tweeted some stuff last week lol, with some work there's a really nice set that could come from the Ideas design