Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mx. posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I can't get over how much the original looks like a render.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That bathroom resulting in the creation of an actual Doom map is seriously one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever seen. I desperately hope Foone plays it on a dishwasher.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That bathroom resulting in the creation of an actual Doom map is seriously one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever seen. I desperately hope Foone plays it on a dishwasher.

Not even groverhaus has reached such dizzying heights.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

it wasn't Doom Bathroom yet

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Not even groverhaus has reached such dizzying heights.

I find it hard to believe that nobody out there has ever tried their hand at a Groverhaus Doom map. Or maybe a Quake map would be more appropriate, interdimensional Lovecraftian horror and all that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Would have been great for that MW2 map with the houses on the cul de sac.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I find it hard to believe that nobody out there has ever tried their hand at a Groverhaus Doom map. Or maybe a Quake map would be more appropriate, interdimensional Lovecraftian horror and all that.

Crappy Construction: Load Bearing BSPs

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 11, 2022

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413627

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Wingnut Ninja posted:

https://twitter.com/bblloooodd/status/1198526304221585408

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

These last two look *almost* intentional

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

This created physical pain. WTF were they drinking?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

PremiumSupport posted:

This created physical pain. WTF were they drinking?

Yeah they mounted the cuts upside down. They'll never fit their female-attracting bathtubs in now :(

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

this one doesn't look terrible? more like "whoops we cut the glass too short"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

JPrime posted:

Agreed. If they mirrored it on the other side it's not too bad.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

JPrime posted:

That deck (boardwalk?) one doesn't look like crappy construction either. Given the sand and the wet wood I'm guessing it's near a beach or something, and the wood looks weathered as gently caress. It looks like whoever maintains it doing a pretty decent job of repairing problems caused by the conditions that it's living in. The fasteners they're using aren't straight, but they're doing a decent job of holding some pretty distressed looking wood together.

If all that was done at once as part of someone building it I'd make a face, but if it's a groundskeeper or homeowner quickly taking care of a board that warped in salt water and is popping loose before doing what they actually planned to do that day I'm kinda OK with it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

JPrime posted:

My parents granite counter tops have lil risers onto which the faucets are mounted.

Because the installers cut the wrong holes at first. They cut holes for the large faucet at the prep sink cutout, and holes for the small faucet at the bigass main sink cutout. There wasn't enough stone left to redo the giant pieces with the cutouts in them, so some offcuts were shaped nicely and used to cover the hosed up cuts.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Arrath posted:

My parents granite counter tops have lil risers onto which the faucets are mounted.

Because the installers cut the wrong holes at first. They cut holes for the large faucet at the prep sink cutout, and holes for the small faucet at the bigass main sink cutout. There wasn't enough stone left to redo the giant pieces with the cutouts in them, so some offcuts were shaped nicely and used to cover the hosed up cuts.

There was actually tons of stone left, it would just require them to swap out all of the stone with new pieces. The installers didn't want to take the loss for their fuckup and instead had your parents settle with an inferior installation. Hopefully they at least got a discount on it after that.

This has happened several times to my mom including with her granite countertops, and she made them rip everything out and do it again according to the contract. She got called some colorful names by them but she has the installation she paid for.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SpartanIvy posted:

There was actually tons of stone left, it would just require them to swap out all of the stone with new pieces. The installers didn't want to take the loss for their fuckup and instead had your parents settle with an inferior installation. Hopefully they at least got a discount on it after that.

This has happened several times to my mom including with her granite countertops, and she made them rip everything out and do it again according to the contract. She got called some colorful names by them but she has the installation she paid for.

You may well be right. The story we were fed was that my parents picked some unique stone and they hardly had enough of in the warehouse for the area of countertop in the first place blah blah. Who knows, I was like 9 when they were building the house so I had more important concerns.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 11, 2022

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Arrath posted:

You may well be right. The story we were fed was that my parents picked some unique stone and they hardly had enough of in the warehouse for the area of countertop in the first place blah blah. Who knows, I was like 9 when they were building the house so I had more important concerns.

Yeah I don't mean to be mean but it irks me so much when people are like "Well that's just the way it is and I guess I have to take an L because the professionals I'm paying to do it right screwed it up!" I've done it myself once and it's one of those memories that makes me cringe at in hindsight, and filled me with rage every time I looked at it until I fixed it myself.

It's just mind boggling how bad a lot of contractors are at their profession and then when you call them out on their terrible job they're just like "Well you're the only one whos ever complained!", and they're probably not even lying judging by the butcher jobs I see when I tour open houses.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Arrath posted:

They will loving lie about that poo poo all day long.

My parents had a granite countertop put in a while ago and they dropped it while installing it. Cracked it right in half. Wanted to give them something insultingly nominal like 5% off and repair the crack, which would have included filler. When my mom pushed back it was all about how this was the only piece this size/shape/color/whatever on the entire west coast and they would have to get another from their distributer which would take months, maybe half a year etc. Wouldn't you rather have a working kitchen sink rather than live in a construction zone that long?

When she called their bluff they had a new one in less than a week.

edit: to be clear this wasn't some kind of high end custom installation, it's a pretty normal L-shaped countertop.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Yikes.

You might need to explain this to the non-Finns, though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

There's nothing crappy about drip-dry cupboards :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

There's nothing crappy about drip-dry cupboards :colbert:

Look at the picture.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
what am I supposed to be seeing?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

what am I supposed to be seeing?

Where's the water gonna go?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It'll get soaked up by the chipboard kitchen cabinet.

Bing-bong so simple.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It could be an installation in the desert. For most of my formative years I never dried a dish. I'd pull it out of the dishwasher and by the time it made it into the cupboard it was dry.

It also took about 11 minutes for a pair of jeans to dry on the line out back. Sopping wet to board stiff in under a quarter hour.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weembles posted:

It'll get soaked up by the chipboard kitchen cabinet.

Bing-bong so simple.

OK then but where are you going to hang the brush!?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

It could be an installation in the desert. For most of my formative years I never dried a dish. I'd pull it out of the dishwasher and by the time it made it into the cupboard it was dry.

It also took about 11 minutes for a pair of jeans to dry on the line out back. Sopping wet to board stiff in under a quarter hour.

Dishes you take from the dishwasher are dry even if you don't live in the desert, FYI.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Dishes you take from the dishwasher are dry even if you don't live in the desert, FYI.
I wish

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Unless you're doing multiple loads one after the other, who unloads the dishwasher seconds after it finishes??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Unless you're doing multiple loads one after the other, who unloads the dishwasher seconds after it finishes??

IDK, I just follow the operating instructions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I live in an alpine valley desert and my dishwasher doesn't dry my dishes. It takes a few hours with the door cracked open.

It's like bachelor laundry. Clean pile, dirty pile. Clean cabinet is the dishwasher until the dirty pile in the sink needs to go in.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 12, 2022

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

There is some sound, though it is not essential
https://i.imgur.com/o6xBsAp.mp4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sirotan posted:

There is some sound, though it is not essential
https://i.imgur.com/o6xBsAp.mp4

He should GTFO of Mexico.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
A lot of that video was just punching down. I didn't listen to the audio but like the glass on the wall thing is extremely common as it's a very cheap deterrent to people jumping your fence. The only really scary things there that was fixable for a dollar or two were the uncovered meter bases. The sketchy foundation is obviously a bad hazard as well but it's not something someone chose to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

A lot of that video was just punching down. I didn't listen to the audio but like the glass on the wall thing is extremely common as it's a very cheap deterrent to people jumping your fence. The only really scary things there that was fixable for a dollar or two were the uncovered meter bases. The sketchy foundation is obviously a bad hazard as well but it's not something someone chose to do.

Literally all of that is stuff you can see in rural Michigan.