Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Oh great, a spooky house from a license I couldn't be more apathetic about. It's really too bad that so many intensely cool and imaginative sets are getting brushed under the rug for this.

Also, car https://brickset.com/article/79384/chevrolet-camaro%C2%A0z28-revealed
Oh jesus it's another freaking August 1st release.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
That Idea submission looks like Worse Blacksmith.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I wish Lego would stop making new sets and focus on getting the Tallneck back into availability

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ban all existing IPs from Ideas

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Not till I get my Gundam. :mad:

Also plz vote for the Gundam.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm still salty that the cool multi-level slice of the London Underground didn't get enough likes to go into production.

EDIT: Whoah wait it actually hit review, I hadn't checked in a while!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2854271f-9432-4193-ad74-305e7105ebc4

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

BaconCopter posted:

Owns. Very much what I was hoping for. Here's some highlights:

- Can be built as either a convertible or hardtop
- Can be built with white, dark gray, or dark red stripes
- Can have either exposed or slatted headlights
- 2 different license plates
- New slightly flared mudguard pieces
- Lots of stickers. The only prints I see are the taillights and maybe (probably) the slatted headlights.
- NPU: popsicles as mirrors and fire axes on the rear bumper

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

It's already got a theme song and everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3CzvQ9e_w

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Shoulda been a Trans Am. The Camaro is the inferior F-body.

The model is nice, though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My partner is building her first set, the Creator Vespa, and I was thinking LEGO could use the white-walled rims for a vintage Cadillac or something similar. I’d like to see some other vintage cars that aren’t just muscle cars.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Imagine how hard the angles on a ‘41 Willys would be

….I’d kill for a ‘58 Edsel Pacer

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
It's a minor thing, but it's a shame that there's only US number plates available on the Camaro. I always liked being able to put on Australian ones.

I'll probably end up getting it, but I still have a list of sets I haven't even been able to find a copy of yet.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My partner is building her first set, the Creator Vespa, and I was thinking LEGO could use the white-walled rims for a vintage Cadillac or something similar. I’d like to see some other vintage cars that aren’t just muscle cars.

:yeah: '59 Biarritz, baby!!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Woah that is a nice car. Hopefully the price drops a bit once it hits retail.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

That's really really really brown, and I've never even heard of that show/movie.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

Ooh hell yeah.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That's really really really brown, and I've never even heard of that show/movie.

It's a movie from 1993, it's pretty good, but I also have nostalgia for it from seeing it when I was a kid.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm a sucker for houses like this, but it'll have to look better than that.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Heck, I've been trying to find excuses not to buy sets, but the red stripes on the Camero totally sold me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a sexual elk posted:

Imagine how hard the angles on a ‘41 Willys would be

….I’d kill for a ‘58 Edsel Pacer

Long as the titanic baby :hai:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's a movie from 1993, it's pretty good, but I also have nostalgia for it from seeing it when I was a kid.

It’s still a fun watch if you like camp.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
We had to put our beloved cat Moki down. For anyone who watched the Brickening streams, she was the quiet tan one, not the one who cried all the time. She was 14 and a half years old. Anyway. My heart is broken and I've been working on a LEGO model pretty much nonstop for the past 36 hours to distract myself from how awful I feel and try to focus that mental energy into something productive and creative. This is its 6th iteration in 1.5 days. I think it's done now. I hope you enjoy.

1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT

It's about as low and slim as a 6-wide car can be and still fit a minifig. It is, in fact, shorter in overall height than a minifig. The most interesting visual detail of the real car is, IMO, the rear windscreen, which wraps around into the C pillars. I have replicated that on this model, and you can see it best in the last pic. In that image, you can also see the little yellow dot in the middle of the steering wheel, representing the Dino logo. I hope that I've captured the curves and beauty of the real car.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Looks amazing it’s actually surprising to me how accurate it looks given its small size

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Love the car. Really sorry to hear about your cat Carbs. ❤️

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Carbohydrates posted:

Owns. Very much what I was hoping for. Here's some highlights:

- Can be built as either a convertible or hardtop
- Can be built with white, dark gray, or dark red stripes
- Can have either exposed or slatted headlights
- 2 different license plates
- New slightly flared mudguard pieces
- Lots of stickers. The only prints I see are the taillights and maybe (probably) the slatted headlights.
- NPU: popsicles as mirrors and fire axes on the rear bumper

You forgot the best part:

- It has fluffy dice

edit: and yes, the slatted headlights look printed:

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 13, 2022

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The perfect car

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
RIP, kitty. :smith:

Cool car. :unsmith:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Wow, out of all the submissions in that Ideas review, Hocus Pocus got selected? Must've been a really fuckin' cheap license. I think I would have liked it better if nothing passed.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Pyroclastic posted:

Wow, out of all the submissions in that Ideas review, Hocus Pocus got selected? Must've been a really fuckin' cheap license. I think I would have liked it better if nothing passed.

It belongs to Disney, doesn’t it?

Maybe Hocus Pocus was part of their contract already.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Sorry for your loss, Carbs. Cats are great people.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a sexual elk posted:

The perfect car

EXACTLY what I was talking about :swoon:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Pyroclastic posted:

There is a sequel coming out this year, it was likely an easy get.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There is a new Hocus Pocus movie coming out this year so it's not really surprising from a corporate perspective

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
The car looks great Carbs, very sorry to hear about your kitty.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

We had to put our beloved cat Moki down. For anyone who watched the Brickening streams, she was the quiet tan one, not the one who cried all the time. She was 14 and a half years old. Anyway. My heart is broken and I've been working on a LEGO model pretty much nonstop for the past 36 hours to distract myself from how awful I feel and try to focus that mental energy into something productive and creative. This is its 6th iteration in 1.5 days. I think it's done now. I hope you enjoy.

1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT

It's about as low and slim as a 6-wide car can be and still fit a minifig. It is, in fact, shorter in overall height than a minifig. The most interesting visual detail of the real car is, IMO, the rear windscreen, which wraps around into the C pillars. I have replicated that on this model, and you can see it best in the last pic. In that image, you can also see the little yellow dot in the middle of the steering wheel, representing the Dino logo. I hope that I've captured the curves and beauty of the real car.

Stunning, never cease to be amazed at the detail and likeness you pull off at such a scale. My condolences for losing your Moki as well :(

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Reminds me of the B-52s lyrics
“Hop in my Chrysler, it's as big as a whale
And it's about to set sail
I got me a car, it seats about twenty, so come on
And bring your jukebox money”

Edit: sorry for your loss Carbs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’ve been getting emails about my Bricklink Designer program round 2 order so it shouldn’t be long before they start shipping out.

By the way here’s a Galaxy Explorer review, it looks pretty fantastic. I especially like the airlock door and that the figures can lay in the beds without needing to take off their air tanks. Unfortunately the classic Space sets were a bit before my time so I don’t have any nostalgia for them and am gonna pass on this. I’m waiting for the Adventurer’s homage set they will hopefully do eventually

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

RatHat posted:

I’ve been getting emails about my Bricklink Designer program round 2 order so it shouldn’t be long before they start shipping out.

I've been getting these every few weeks for a year and it's the same "important update" every time- sorry, not in stock! I had to check to see that the card I ordered it on wasn't going to expire this year before it gets charged.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

RatHat posted:

By the way here’s a Galaxy Explorer review, it looks pretty fantastic. I especially like the airlock door and that the figures can lay in the beds without needing to take off their air tanks. Unfortunately the classic Space sets were a bit before my time so I don’t have any nostalgia for them and am gonna pass on this. I’m waiting for the Adventurer’s homage set they will hopefully do eventually

Got dang, I wasn't very interested in the GE re-release but I thought it was just a re-release, not a re-do of the whole set. Now I'm tempted...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Futanari Damacy posted:

I've been getting these every few weeks for a year and it's the same "important update" every time- sorry, not in stock! I had to check to see that the card I ordered it on wasn't going to expire this year before it gets charged.

Huh, for my round 1 order I only started getting those emails a month before it shipped