Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

didn't see it on this page. what time is the hearing today? lol oops snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
1pm EDT.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I love hearing days, gotta start pre-gaming a bit early today though

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mdemone posted:

I love hearing days, gotta start pre-gaming a bit early today though

I'm gonna miss some now that it moved. I have to pick my drat kids up.

Priorities, amirite?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Priorities, amirite?

put the radio on NPR in the car they've been carrying it live.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Priorities, amirite?

Lol, I recently solved this by getting full custody and making sure my kids can make their own breakfast and snacks.

My son is a better gamer than me already, I'm honestly just about finished up with this parenting thing. 🙌

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
who is on the hearing today?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Today is about the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, we know that a former OK spokesman will testify, and we know we will hear evidence linking them to the White House although the extent of that is obviously not yet clear.

Also apparently some of Cipollone's material will be shown.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
It seems less likely that it'll be about links between WH-affiliated staff and Trumpist loyalist extremists and more about how extremist groups rallied and planned around Jan 6 and took Trump's words to heart.

At a minimum, maybe we'll also see Trump ignoring advisors warning him to tone down the rhetoric, but that's probably about it.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Not just linked to the white house. The whole tone of the hearings has been "this is about trump himself, not the administration around him". If they're holding a public hearing on the matter, I highly suspect they'll focus on direct links and communication between Trump and the oath keepers / proud boys.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

They're planning to directly connect the 12/19/20 tweet ("be there, will be wild") to Trump's knowledge that it would activate the plans they had with the two gangs while also attracting other like-minded people.

If they can substantially do that, that's intent to commit the crime of conspiracy.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mdemone posted:

Lol, I recently solved this by getting full custody and making sure my kids can make their own breakfast and snacks.

My son is a better gamer than me already, I'm honestly just about finished up with this parenting thing. 🙌

Oh it's not a custody thing. We have them in summer school. Our district offers fun classes for elementary and middle school kids so they're in a bunch of games, cooking, etc classes.

But they're done about 90 minutes into the hearing.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh it's not a custody thing. We have them in summer school. Our district offers fun classes for elementary and middle school kids so they're in a bunch of games, cooking, etc classes.

But they're done about 90 minutes into the hearing.

Well now I'm even more jealous, that's a great program.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

V-Men posted:

It seems less likely that it'll be about links between WH-affiliated staff and Trumpist loyalist extremists and more about how extremist groups rallied and planned around Jan 6 and took Trump's words to heart.

At a minimum, maybe we'll also see Trump ignoring advisors warning him to tone down the rhetoric, but that's probably about it.

Can you explain what leads you to this impression?

That's a very definitive take from apparently very little date.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1546878553421144065

That seems incriminating

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Four OKs have been flipped (at minimum), among the people who talked to Stone that day and leading up to it

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mdemone posted:

Well now I'm even more jealous, that's a great program.

It really is. It's basically day camp at school with a lot of adults and kids they already know. My district has offered that all the way back when I was a kid. It was in one of those classes I learned how to play chess. Not well, but I at least learned the rules and how the pieces move.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

mdemone posted:

Four OKs have been flipped (at minimum), among the people who talked to Stone that day and leading up to it

Man, I hope there was a documentary crew or two in the Willard on the 6th. I need me some high quality video of Stone talking to Meadows on the phone and then turning to Tarrio and saying, "Okay, here's the plan right from the big man..."

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Its a beautiful summer day, I am off of work and I can either go fishing and swimming, or i can sit in my basement and watch congressional hearings.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just survived my first 1:1 with a new manager, let's do this poo poo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cimber posted:

Its a beautiful summer day, I am off of work and I can either go fishing and swimming, or i can sit in my basement and watch congressional hearings.

If I can spend the afternoon with you fuckers you can too.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cimber posted:

By all means, go do the outside poo poo.

You can watch hearing slater.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

I could livestream it at my local beach, they have wifi there....

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah but then you can't :tviv: it live with all of us losers with nothing better to do on this beautiful summer Tuesday

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cimber posted:

I could livestream it at my local beach, they have wifi there....

I think you've just answered your own question

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
What kind of idiot uses an encrypted messaging service but keeps chat histories?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah but then you can't :tviv: it live with all of us losers with nothing better to do on this beautiful summer Tuesday

Hey! Don't insult losers by comparing them to Goons.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I guess this will be a bit of a test of our theories about putting these assholes on live TV.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jaxyon posted:

What kind of idiot uses an encrypted messaging service but keeps chat histories?

You....you realize the kind of people in Trump's orbit, right?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
We're on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrUa0hfG6Lo

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

For anyone who needs a link, appears to be starting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrUa0hfG6Lo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tayter Swift posted:

I guess this will be a bit of a test of our theories about putting these assholes on live TV.

Anyone appearing live is doing so 1) willfully, and 2) under the advice of counsel that they've got a good thing going and not to gently caress it up by going to prison forever

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tayter Swift posted:

This dude is a nobody in the grand scheme of things. He'll play nice.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Patsy Baloney sang like a canary

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

You....you realize the kind of people in Trump's orbit, right?

Yeah it was a rhetorical question but still!

I'd expect them to be so dumb they used unencrypted but they're a special kind of stupid.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
:siren:Trump is not an impressionable child:siren:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm actually wheezing

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Tayter Swift posted:

:wrong:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tayter Swift posted:

Yeah that got a chuckle out of me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Please god let them have comms between Stone and Meadows during December