Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think they're obviously building toward Mercedes vs Deeb for the ROH Women's Title on Death Before Dishonor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Garcia/Yuta for the Pure title is gonna be an absolute banger and I'm hoping the challenger wins as it'd be an easy way to drive a wedge between him and the rest of the JAS

They already seemed to be teasing discord with the way Garcia barked at Sammy and I'd love to see him gradually realize after winning the belt that he's a professional wrestler and not a sports entertainer

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was able to purchase the ROH PPV on Fite via VPN and noticed it doesn't have the Honor Club tag on it, so that service may be in its way out?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
My guess is honor club is going to limp along until the people who paid for the year run down and out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im actually really looking forward to this show. even if there winds up not being a weekly product and just cards here and there, if they're even approaching this level quality i'm here for it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do think they should merge the pure and television championships though.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Welp, this is close enough to me to go but i was undecided. Then they announced Match Of The Year II and I pounced on tickets this morning. Can't wait! Wrestling got me feeling like a 17 year old Mark again.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i do think they should merge the pure and television championships though.

Joe's stated that his goal is to merge the ROH TV and World titles so that seems more likely

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DBD sales seem to be on an okay start.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i think thats more than pre Tony Khan ROH sales so good for them

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1545570341715677184?s=20&t=PTxhKJMCXabf_XGbctBh9Q

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

DBD sales seem to be on an okay start.

I really don't want to go to Lowell and I'm considering those tickets

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

2,000 is a great start especially because the prices are not cheap.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1546952791565934592

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

clearly can't be that serious an homage to Death Magnetic if it's not brickwalled to buggery

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
FTR / Briscoes 2 is now 2/3 falls

This is seriously one of the best promos I've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g768IunwEd0

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

gently caress FaceTR have been amazing but I think I'm Team Briscoes on this one, dumping the tequila was a power move

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Loved Cash making sure to get the shot in. He was great in that whole thing in general.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

can't wait for this one

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony forcing me to go to Lowell God damnit

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lowell is how i used to pronounce lol, putting on a very official sounding newscaster voice. as a funny. age 13

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

gently caress FaceTR have been amazing but I think I'm Team Briscoes on this one, dumping the tequila was a power move

The great thing about this feud is the little things. Dax saying the tequila isn't the cheap stuff Dem Boys are used to, or the Briscoes not even acknowledging it was a good match/fight because they lost. And as much as it is them making excuses, it's also not wrong to point out that they'd already wrestled that same night while Dax and Cash hadn't had a match for the better part of a week (from a kayfabe perspective) and how that may have given FTR the edge.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

The great thing about this feud is the little things. Dax saying the tequila isn't the cheap stuff Dem Boys are used to, or the Briscoes not even acknowledging it was a good match/fight because they lost. And as much as it is them making excuses, it's also not wrong to point out that they'd already wrestled that same night while Dax and Cash hadn't had a match for the better part of a week (from a kayfabe perspective) and how that may have given FTR the edge.

(They actually wrestled later that night but it's still a good story)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow the Briscoes are gonna beat FTR in straight falls. Fear The Rednecks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Wow the Briscoes are gonna beat FTR in straight falls

:hmmyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

(They actually wrestled later that night but it's still a good story)

Ah, my bad, I thought the WrestleCon show was earlier that day, although I think the Briscoes may have gone on after midnight, so they may still technically have had 3 matches on the same day.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

lowell is how i used to pronounce lol, putting on a very official sounding newscaster voice. as a funny. age 13

The hackiest joke you can make here is "it's not low, it's not lower, it's lol"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1548068249421484034

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1548091099172175872

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tony is really pushing this show, I keep getting ads for it on YouTube.

Return of 2 out of 3 fall Kings The Briscoes rules.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Briscoes are gonna win and get a tweet after the match that they’re #HonorBound.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've always kept the faoth that this ppv is going to kick rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I've always kept the faoth that this ppv is going to kick rear end

yeah looks great

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonalba/status/1548321391761448961?s=21&t=CotLGbjmlmd9XWqoFhdisw

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ahhh poo poo I was gonna add another month of honorclub to try and get the ppv cheaper like the last one but I waited too long :negative:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am so loving god drat hyped for FTR - Briscoes II.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
FTR will probably win and it will probably go to a third fall but I really hope the Briscoes win and I would love it if they swept in 2 straight falls

I really doubt that will happen though because Tony won't want to make FTR look weak and I doubt that FTR will lose any of their belts before winning the AEW belts first

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Elephant Ambush posted:

FTR will probably win and it will probably go to a third fall but I really hope the Briscoes win and I would love it if they swept in 2 straight falls

I really doubt that will happen though because Tony won't want to make FTR look weak and I doubt that FTR will lose any of their belts before winning the AEW belts first
It may come down to whether or not Dem Boys get signed back to ROH. They dropped the Impact belts pretty quickly, and supposedly post-Discovery merger Warner doesn't care about past controversies nearly as much.

If ROH is announcing a TV deal soon, I'd bank on FTR dropping the tag belts so they can launch the show with the Briscoes as champs.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My prediction is FTR drop the RoH belts, Win the AEW belts sometime in the future, and then pick up the ROH belts to finally have all the belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

My prediction is FTR drop the RoH belts, Win the AEW belts sometime in the future, and then pick up the ROH belts to finally have all the belts.

Winning the AEW belts only for Dem Boys to come out on Dynamite would be very cool.