Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Heath Slater is the next Shawn Michaels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Dimebags Brain posted:

Megadeth have one and half good albums, while Metallica have two!

Motherfuckers will make fun of the snare sound on St. Anger but then drop $500 on first press vinyl copies of black metal demos with the exact same drum sound.

Bruh Peace Sells and Rust in Peace are eternal classics gtfoh

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

stab posted:

Obligatory:

https://www.theonion.com/humanity-still-producing-new-art-as-though-megadeth-s-1819578062

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dante executes it so well but I wish the guy taking it wasn't so clearly jumping face forward early before he gets close to him

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That bro handshake meme but one arm is "early Metallica being any good" and "early Megadeth being any good" and the hands clasping says "Dave Mustaine's riffs".

But then the meme is flushed down a toilet covered in libertarian propaganda.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJpe6uQhjo

Bolt Yaride
Oct 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Agreed, Metallica are the cringest band. Awful from start to finish

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NOAH became GCW so gradually I didn't even notice

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Penguin Patrol posted:

NOAH became GCW so gradually I didn't even notice

This would explain why GCW turned from neo ECW to neo XPW at record speed, NOAH took their mojo like when WCW raided the ECW crusiers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

Dante executes it so well but I wish the guy taking it wasn't so clearly jumping face forward early before he gets close to him

He's not jumping face forward, he's poorly trying to intercept and catch which opens him up to the cutter

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Lol, trying to poo poo on Ninja Mack

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

stab posted:

Those are the one and a half albums yes! Would it make you feel better if I said Rust in Peace is the best album any of the Big 4 have made?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Those are the one and a half albums yes! Would it make you feel better if I said Rust in Peace is the best album any of the Big 4 have made?

Reign in Blood though?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only good megadeth song is the one about a train where the guitar sounds like a train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G38VlmOib8

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Oil! posted:

Lol, trying to poo poo on Ninja Mack

You're right, it was an unfair criticism based on the angle. I like Ninja Mack a lot and this was too much of a nitpick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its ok to poo poo on ninja mack, he's not that good and can use some work but i've seen the ninja mack vs dante leon combo in like every gcw scramble match, his cutter always looks like that

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

its ok to poo poo on ninja mack, he's not that good and can use some work but i've seen the ninja mack vs dante leon combo in like every gcw scramble match, his cutter always looks like that

Ninja Mack is good. Also his Noah matches have all been really good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Ninja Mack vs Dragon Bane vs Alpha Wolf match should be required viewing, it was insane

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SG Bamboo posted:

The Ninja Mack vs Dragon Bane vs Alpha Wolf match should be required viewing, it was insane

I was telling a buddy that if it was the 90’s that would be one of the matches getting traded around by tape traders. It was so cool.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Ninja Mack is good. Also his Noah matches have all been really good.

he's ok

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

This would explain why GCW turned from neo ECW to neo XPW at record speed, NOAH took their mojo like when WCW raided the ECW crusiers.

I've seen a bunch of references to GCW pissing away all their buzz, what did they do?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

I've seen a bunch of references to GCW pissing away all their buzz, what did they do?

be a scummy indy promotion taking advantage of talent and being cheap fucks that turn a blind eye to drug use, running way to many mid as gently caress shows, the dumb rear end lawsuit with iwtv which is their fault, a couple of their top wrestlers getting outed as abusive sex creeps recently, implied that brent is just using nick gage for money, runs all his social media accounts, general poor production issues and wrestling, looking like loving idiots with booking & big shows like hammerstein one, running off a bunch of other talent like RSP and Atticus Croger due to these reasons, feuding politically with other death match promotions and threatening to blackball people. oh supposedly faking multiple negative covid test/ordering fake vaccine cards too maybe?

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 17, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh so not much then

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

be a scummy indy promotion taking advantage of talent and being cheap fucks that turn a blind eye to drug use, running way to many mid as gently caress shows, the dumb rear end lawsuit with iwtv which is their fault, a couple of their top wrestlers getting outed as abusive sex creeps recently, implied that brent is just using nick gage for money, runs all his social media accounts, general poor production issues and wrestling, looking like loving idiots with booking & big shows like hammerstein one, running off a bunch of other talent like RSP and Atticus Croger due to these reasons, feuding politically with other death match promotions and threatening to blackball people. oh supposedly faking multiple negative covid test/ordering fake vaccine cards too maybe?

This is the most bad faith post I’ve ever read. Like there’s a couple in there you could argue, but most of this stuff is unsubstantiated rumors and personal opinion. Oh no a wrestling promoter is using a top star for money? Holy poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gcw won't fall below ecw until they kill a kid probly. sorry i forgot they didn't kill that kid. i always forget it. i am being genuine. goodbye

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cavauro posted:

gcw won't fall below ecw until they kill a kid probly. sorry i forgot they didn't kill that kid. i always forget it. i am being genuine. goodbye

No he just worships Raven now

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Rarity posted:

The smaller version of what kungfu said, they have run many less good shows.

The New York show was also a big thing to many - but the show had the good and the worst of gcw (not the best), and they went back to tiny shows. Some thought they were going to break through to another level, but they do far haven't.

Like they had momentum and haven't risen from it.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1548495221389795331?t=z9vGZ5H47_9mvA3_pJSiCg&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Big Mike in the Big Clink

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here he is, the bastard elgin.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Even at the start of the year I was on the hype train for GCW and after so many dull or bad shows this year I'm off it. Even the backyard 4th of July show wasnt that good this year

DPW is my new bae now and the people who don't run it suck. except jawny

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
GCW's main problem is they wouldn't push any of their core of really talented wrestlers as the next guy (even Colon who 3 peated TOS was clearly never going to be the guy despite being really over and good.) Instead the hardest push they've given anyone is Allie Katch who is really, really bad. So they've lost some people, haven't been able to bring in some other good people due to politics and because of it their shows just aren't that good anymore. Janela is also really hit or miss and lost all of his star power so even having him full time doesn't help.

Like you could cite the various rumors and scandals but it's indie wrestling none of that really matters in terms of a promotion having hype. GCW just isn't booking good shows anymore.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

To piggyback this, Jon Moxley is still the GCW Champion. They’ve done almost nothing to build someone even remotely credible to take the belt off of him, outside of the few like Atticus who could’ve done it if it wasn’t for his fallout with the company or even AJ Gray when they fought months ago. There would have to be some type of fuckery for Moxley to lose that belt.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What happened with Atticus

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/HenareNZ/status/1548558264446910464?t=wJlgyTGTzDe-4rn4Obx3WA&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lmao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

What happened with Atticus

He said the locker room was too toxic due to unchecked drug use and other unspecified unsavoury things that he felt made it tough for anyone with addiction or mental health issues to be around.

It does seem like the company has gone off a cliff and now their title is on a guy who is just absolutely leagues above it, I really don’t see what they can do to get it off him until Gage is back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh sure Henare talking a big game, but name even one Ace of the Universe 1 in a 1000 Year Talent he's beaten in a massively important tournament recently :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Oh sure Henare talking a big game, but name even one Ace of the Universe 1 in a 1000 Year Talent he's beaten in a massively important tournament recently :smug:

Well it's definitely not Hiroshi Tanahashi because he is a broken down old man and not the Ace