Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Are there any official guidelines in the UK for this? Over here schools (can) close early when it's 25 degrees at 10am for instance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

nawilo_420 posted:

Are there any official guidelines in the UK for this? Over here schools (can) close early when it's 25 degrees at 10am for instance

UK currently has no laws etc re higher temperatures because they're so rare in this country (well so far they have been).
Also, what goes for schools, offices, shops, doesn't necessarily work for manufacturing and so on, so they put it in the too-hard pile.
There is I think an Early Day Motion (UK legal thingy) to bring in something.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
you will never believe who foresaw and tried to solve this problem btw

https://twitter.com/marcusjdl/status/1547882254478635008?s=20&t=Ha7kUi5cPtfuOa5KDmJGEw

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

CoolCab posted:

you will never believe who foresaw and tried to solve this problem btw

https://twitter.com/marcusjdl/status/1547882254478635008?s=20&t=Ha7kUi5cPtfuOa5KDmJGEw

It's bleak to think how much better things could be if our media class weren't scum

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
seriously who would this sway lol i doubt even businesses want it because then they have to start paying for healthcare like in the US

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1547931266925752320?s=20&t=5tsCCKU1VtyjXiHQk6WqNw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

https://twitter.com/KateFlood/status/1548253259931914249?s=20&t=5tsCCKU1VtyjXiHQk6WqNw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

also lol he's currently in charge of HMRC

https://twitter.com/DanNeidle/status/1548213116709658626?s=20&t=5tsCCKU1VtyjXiHQk6WqNw
https://twitter.com/DanNeidle/status/1548213137085673474?s=20&t=5tsCCKU1VtyjXiHQk6WqNw

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

oooooooh, stay safe. thanks health boss

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Do not approach the sun, do not make direct eye contact with the sun.
Do not startle or make loud noises near the sun.
Do not corner or try to apprehend the sun, as may flare.
If you suspect the sun is nearby, stay safe and call your local council to complain how hot it is.

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.
The amount of insane knee-jerk vitriol in response to any public suggestion that it might be best to take precautions against risk of any kind these days sure is a thing to behold.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's called a red warning because caution is communism

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Saying Kier stands for nothing is Kier propaganda, from his actions and career its pretty obvious he has clear principles theyr just authoritarian and poo poo.

Also I'm visiting my oldass grandparents and my grandpa thinks Kier is good but genuinely thinks he's called Keith lmao

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i mean i can't fault grandpas for voting Kieth, that's fine

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Communist Thoughts posted:

Saying Kier stands for nothing is Kier propaganda, from his actions and career its pretty obvious he has clear principles theyr just authoritarian and poo poo.

Also I'm visiting my oldass grandparents and my grandpa thinks Kier is good but genuinely thinks he's called Keith lmao

At this point he strikes me as a guy who has spent his life doing horrible poo poo to climb up the political career to the point that he doesn't remember why he wants power, but still has seething resentment at anyone who doesn't want him in charge

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

MikeCrotch posted:

he doesn't remember why he wants power,

A burning desire to protect nonces

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/binaryape/status/1548040814437093387

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Jose posted:

seriously who would this sway lol i doubt even businesses want it because then they have to start paying for healthcare like in the US

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1547931266925752320?s=20&t=5tsCCKU1VtyjXiHQk6WqNw

One of the thigns that makes American aerospace less competitive than airbus is airbus doesn't need to pay for its employees healthcare in most of the countries it's HQ'd in lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also that Airbus didn't just get hammered by Sleepy Joe insisting on a trade war with China

Also also that Boring decided to put a secret mode in the 737MAX that randomly decides to kill everyone on board

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

it’s shocking to me anyone aside from blood sucking suits would want to copy anything about american health care

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Der Meister posted:

anyone aside from blood sucking suits

I see the problem

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think it would have been better for britain to listen to "insulate britain" rather than declare them a terrorist organization and outlaw protesting

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

hifi posted:

I think it would have been better for britain to listen to "insulate britain" rather than declare them a terrorist organization and outlaw protesting

A lady in an SUV was inconvenienced. There was no alternative

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The labour right supporter in my life carefully explained to me how insulation is bad actually, because it traps damp in old houses not designed for it. he carefully explains lots to poor dumb old me, such as how being pro nuclear weapons is being anti nuclear war

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

New Found Power posted:

The amount of insane knee-jerk vitriol in response to any public suggestion that it might be best to take precautions against risk of any kind these days sure is a thing to behold.
It’s like the old saying goes: red sky at night, sailors delight; red sky in the morning, sailors take offence at the notion that a little poxy weather should frighten them away from the sea, they know how to handle themselves thank you very much, not like some of the little snowflakes you see cowering indoors nowadays.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

A lady in an SUV was inconvenienced. There was no alternative
Speaking of, I have just today seen three SUVs manufactured by Porsche, Lamborghini and Maserati. I didn’t know any of those companies made that kind of car and it seems astonishingly unlikely that I’d happen to see so many all at once.

This was up around Whitby though, maybe this is normal there?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TACD posted:

Speaking of, I have just today seen three SUVs manufactured by Porsche, Lamborghini and Maserati. I didn’t know any of those companies made that kind of car and it seems astonishingly unlikely that I’d happen to see so many all at once.

Porsche Cayenne's have been around for years & loving suck. Yes, even more than cars normally suck

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

Also that Airbus didn't just get hammered by Sleepy Joe insisting on a trade war with China

Also also that Boring decided to put a secret mode in the 737MAX that randomly decides to kill everyone on board

that had a method to fix the problem but you had to pay for training DLC to be told how to do it

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TACD posted:

Bentley makes one now too it makes me laugh

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lot of replies to this talking about 76 when it didnt even hit 36c lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The papers really want to kill their readers

https://twitter.com/TelegraphLife/status/1548333726349766660?t=VKDQ4pICBgi38z5MECYAlw&s=19

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Begging someone, anyone interviewing her to ask what woke means

https://twitter.com/lara_spirit/status/1548612346914000896?t=4oFwZyWY6kYoCJ1xBqpuqg&s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Can't believe I played that video expecting some kind of summary or, indeed, any information whatsoever

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB

Being a member of a rapey Buddhist cult fits my definition of “woke”, Suella

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
imagine mainstream journalists actually asking politician to explain themselves

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Microplastics posted:

Can't believe I played that video expecting some kind of summary or, indeed, any information whatsoever

this is me clicking on tiktoks unmute only to be greeted with 7 seconds of irrelevant pop music. shrieking, I wither into an old man, then a pile of leaves.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

well at least it’s not another red wine / chocolate cures / causes cancer they love putting out every 2 months

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You want to make sure you don’t drink so much that your piss is clear, it’s bad for the kidneys. A pale yellow coloring is best.

That was my piss talk, thanks for reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/_banquos_ghost_/status/1548546801124446208?t=6KNUThINNDWw_JH3JzBysQ&s=19