Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think that maxter was my first kit. Found it lying in an abandoned apt as a kid, did it all up with scizzors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
A slightly more detailed Maxter was my first kit too. Bandai take note: Representation matters.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The connector piece for one of the beam tomahawks (the ones that go on the shield) on my HG Sinanju broke, so I glued it back on. Earlier today, when I went to take pictures, the piece broke when I moved it to the lower part of the shield. :suicide:

Is there a way to remove glue from plastic so I can put on a fresh layer?
It depends what glue you used but you'll probably be best scraping it off with a hobby knife as solvents that strong tend to turn plastic into soup.

On such a small surface area though, unless you can add a support rod it's probably going to snap again no matter how many times you glue it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Much of panel lining on my Livelance Heaven has completely faded over the last couple months, and I guess that shows the value of a topcoat. I have not yet felt the call to get that deep into the hobby, though.

Anyway, my birthday is coming up, and my family has asked me for gift ideas. The HG Heavyarms is an obvious choice, since it’s at Target, is from a show I’ve seen, and is also just cool. I’ve also been thinking about trying a MG with the Endless Waltz Wing Zero or Epyon. Any thoughts on those two? I’ve made the RG Exia and Eva 01 with transport platform.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If you've built an RG, an MG is going to be no problem. All of the wing MGs are really good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think the reason that we haven't seen an IBO real grade yet is because they're still trying to work out how to make such spindly frames more durable. I bought the HG Gundam Asmoday last month and it's already getting pretty loose and flimsy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I imagine it'd be more like scaling the MG Barbatos down than making the HG nicer given how simple the latter is, and having built the Master Grade that has its own problems. The pistons were already fiddly enough without making them 1/144th scale.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

I think the reason that we haven't seen an IBO real grade yet is because they're still trying to work out how to make such spindly frames more durable. I bought the HG Gundam Asmoday last month and it's already getting pretty loose and flimsy.

like how we'll never get a GP02 MG mk2 because the shoulders would be way too heavy

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Much of panel lining on my Livelance Heaven has completely faded over the last couple months, and I guess that shows the value of a topcoat. I have not yet felt the call to get that deep into the hobby, though.

Anyway, my birthday is coming up, and my family has asked me for gift ideas. The HG Heavyarms is an obvious choice, since it’s at Target, is from a show I’ve seen, and is also just cool. I’ve also been thinking about trying a MG with the Endless Waltz Wing Zero or Epyon. Any thoughts on those two? I’ve made the RG Exia and Eva 01 with transport platform.

If you want the MG Wing Zero get the recent Ver Ka, the other one is an ancient kit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
These are rad:

https://twitter.com/32_archangel/status/1549042821239230466?s=21&t=ZhxbVt8tXxFq2LmkNdBs-Q

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Midjack posted:

If you want the MG Wing Zero get the recent Ver Ka, the other one is an ancient kit.

I did send out a message with this Barnes and Noble posting, which was posted this year, but doesn’t have the Ver Ka phrase :ohdear:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wing-gundam-zero-bandai-hobby-gunpla/1140378717

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

I did send out a message with this Barnes and Noble posting, which was posted this year, but doesn’t have the Ver Ka phrase :ohdear:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wing-gundam-zero-bandai-hobby-gunpla/1140378717

That does appear to be the older one (based on price and UPC). The MG EW Epyon is really nice!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

It depends what glue you used but you'll probably be best scraping it off with a hobby knife as solvents that strong tend to turn plastic into soup.

On such a small surface area though, unless you can add a support rod it's probably going to snap again no matter how many times you glue it.

I used this:

And Sinanju tax:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I used this:

And Sinanju tax:

Some CA debonder will dissolve the glue without harming the plastic. Use a proper hobby cement for repairs in the future, CA glue has its uses but fixing broken parts generally isn’t one of them.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Any recommendations for hobby cement?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I prefer Mr. Cement DX. Tamiya Extra Thin is a popular and easily found choice.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I like the little double-printed stickers on the Aerial there, the appearance of depth is nice. I know its the incredibly basic "you spray the back of the eye-piece silver" level applied to sticker-tech, but it looks alright!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The latest HG Dom mold is from 2006 or so right? Used for things like the Dom R35 since then? Would like to do one but ideally with decent engineering.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I like the Tamiya thin stuff myself. The thing to remember is that model cement is a solvent that dissolves the plastic of the model, so essentially you're welding the piece together when you use it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

The latest HG Dom mold is from 2006 or so right? Used for things like the Dom R35 since then? Would like to do one but ideally with decent engineering.

If I remember right, the R35 is a whole new mold, which lead to speculation about a revive Dom. (Never happened, though). Modern joint structure and all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

drat these WfM kits look fantastic

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's also an accessory pack with one of the grunt suit (?) weapons from WfM. It's that Aliens-esque hip-mounted smart-gun with a bunch of customization parts and a neat set of Mobile Suit-scale power tools.

I hope they actually get used in-show, because I totally want to see a Mobile Suit go ham with a colossal circular saw :allears:.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Next group build

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
A lot of these feel like mashups between UC and IBO and I'm extremely here for it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

A lot of these feel like mashups between UC and IBO and I'm extremely here for it

I feel like there's a lot of G-Reco there as well. The basic Dilanza seems heavily inspired by the Space Jahannam.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like there's a lot of G-Reco there as well. The basic Dilanza seems heavily inspired by the Space Jahannam.

Every time it comes up, I'm always mad people aren't seeing the G-Reco influences. Maybe it just wasn't popular enough, I dunno.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Next group build

This looks like it might have a little bit of Caitsith DNA, too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Next group build

Agreed. This thing is asking for a scopedog conversion.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Every time it comes up, I'm always mad people aren't seeing the G-Reco influences. Maybe it just wasn't popular enough, I dunno.

It feels weird when people say there are G-Reco influences like the same mech designer isn't working on both. It's not a show being influenced by another, it's the same person doing their thing. It shouldn't be so surprising.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Gripweed posted:

Next group build

It’s like the Grimoire is being rendered on a sega saturn.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

It feels weird when people say there are G-Reco influences like the same mech designer isn't working on both. It's not a show being influenced by another, it's the same person doing their thing. It shouldn't be so surprising.

One doesn't necessarily contradict the other. If anything, the same guy doing both makes it even more likely that he'll iterate on and draw inspiration from his previous mechanical designs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

One doesn't necessarily contradict the other. If anything, the same guy doing both makes it even more likely that he'll iterate on and draw inspiration from his previous mechanical designs.

Same guys, plural. It seems that Witch is doing the same thing as Iron Blooded Orphans, and 00, dividing up design duties based on faction to give every group a unique feel.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

chiasaur11 posted:

Same guys, plural. It seems that Witch is doing the same thing as Iron Blooded Orphans, and 00, dividing up design duties based on faction to give every group a unique feel.

Yeah, I kept rewording my post over and over because there are multiple designers who have worked over multiple shows to swap between using the singular or the plural. Splitting the designers over faction/manufacturer lines is super cool. It gives a fun sense of realness to the setting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gripweed posted:

The fancy Dilanza matches well with the normal ones (Who also have customization)

Link to other Dilanza images
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/07/hg-1144-dilanza-release-info.html

Also guessing the Darilbalde is the rival suit
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/07/hg-1144-darilbalde-release-info.html

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 21, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Getting some real "Dijeh wearing a Sazabi head" vibes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Gripweed posted:

surprised no one has made a witchcraft joke yet

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fancy Dilanza matches well with the normal ones (Who also have customization)

Link to other Dilanza images
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/07/hg-1144-dilanza-release-info.html

Also guessing the Darilbalde is the rival suit
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/07/hg-1144-darilbalde-release-info.html

The Daribalde being able to replace its hands with beam sabers is an odd choice. Maybe it first shows up in an incomplete form before getting its proper arsenal.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Bimmi posted:

I prefer Mr. Cement DX. Tamiya Extra Thin is a popular and easily found choice.

SnakesRevenge posted:

I like the Tamiya thin stuff myself. The thing to remember is that model cement is a solvent that dissolves the plastic of the model, so essentially you're welding the piece together when you use it.

A small warning on extra thin if you're not used to using it, it's designed more for traditional plastic models to flow along seam lines, so whatever you do don't get it anywhere near assembled models because it can and will flow into the joints and turn your figure into a statue.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

The Daribalde being able to replace its hands with beam sabers is an odd choice. Maybe it first shows up in an incomplete form before getting its proper arsenal.

I think those may be the two red pods on its back. Backup arms? It's also got wires, so...backup arms and wired funnels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The unstated theme of the new show appears to be “bits for everyone.”