Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Reminds me of one of these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Hazo posted:

We already had a beloved droid but he's not in the show.

They better give a god drat good reason for not including Tudyk-Bot.
Wait, we know he's not in this? drat. That sucks.

I was pretty sure Andor was going to be show just because of that guy. It's not like Andor himself had any sort of charisma or was memorable at all, if he had any appeal at all it was his robot sidekick.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Eiba posted:

Wait, we know he's not in this? drat. That sucks.

I was pretty sure Andor was going to be show just because of that guy. It's not like Andor himself had any sort of charisma or was memorable at all, if he had any appeal at all it was his robot sidekick.

Yeah, in the recent Vanity Fair article, Gilroy said Tudyk "wasn't currently signed to voice K-2S0", or something like that. It definitely sucks.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I feel like it was announced long before we even got a teaser that K2 wasn't going to be in it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That seems like a weird choice when he was about the only character I remember anyone giving a poo poo about in that movie, beyond maybe the blind monk dude. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they loved Andor or Jyn. I have heard people talk about liking the general plot, the action, the tone etc. but I've never heard anyone praising the characters, and K2's demeanour seems to have stood out to many because it offered some humor in an otherwise pretty dour movie.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Season one is before they met (stole?) K-2SO; odds are he'll show up in season 2 as part of its "let's shove several years into a handful of episodes" storytelling

I just hope they show how they got him instead of going "hey he's here now in episode 3 don't worry about it"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think that's something they would want to leave to be shown in K2's own show

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think that's something they would want to leave to be shown in K2's own show

No way he gets his own show. At least I hope not. We dont need Andor and a K2 show jesus christ.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

There is already a canon comic property that shows how Andor and K2 meet up. Its pretty sweet actually. K2 should 100% be in season 2, it would be weird if its not. Get Tudyk in the show, disney, come on.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Season one is before they met (stole?) K-2SO; odds are he'll show up in season 2 as part of its "let's shove several years into a handful of episodes" storytelling

I just hope they show how they got him instead of going "hey he's here now in episode 3 don't worry about it"

It's probably going to be this. The bigger question is whether or not they'll bother adapting the comic that pretty much lays out how Cassian ended up with K2 or if they'll just retcon it entirely.

edit: beaten

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerkface posted:

There is already a canon comic property that shows how Andor and K2 meet up. Its pretty sweet actually. K2 should 100% be in season 2, it would be weird if its not. Get Tudyk in the show, disney, come on.

Given I'd forgotten about said comic it'd be nice if they did adapt it to reach a wider audience

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tsob posted:

That seems like a weird choice when he was about the only character I remember anyone giving a poo poo about in that movie, beyond maybe the blind monk dude. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they loved Andor or Jyn. I have heard people talk about liking the general plot, the action, the tone etc. but I've never heard anyone praising the characters, and K2's demeanour seems to have stood out to many because it offered some humor in an otherwise pretty dour movie.

I have strong opinions regarding Jyn thank you very much

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Maybe Cassian's droid ends up becoming the basis of K2's reprogramming, like that time they trapped Phoebe Waller-Bridge inside a freighter for 45 years.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Sash! posted:

I have strong opinions regarding Jyn thank you very much

Really? What are they, out of interest?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Mine are that she's cool

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

No way he gets his own show. At least I hope not. We dont need Andor and a K2 show jesus christ.

why do you even post here if you dont love star wars

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

That DICK! posted:

why do you even post here if you dont love star wars

Because I love the Disney corporation

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I've said ever since Solo that I'd watch the poo poo out of a K2/L3/HK-47 teamup series

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

I've said ever since Solo that I'd watch the poo poo out of a K2/L3/HK-47 teamup series

Needs Chopper and a Gonk.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Don't forget Triple Zero and Beetee, Vader and Aphra's evil(er) counterparts to Threepio and Artoo respectively

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

K2 is getting his own show, It's called Andor. There's a zero percent chance we won't see him in the inevitable season 2.

It's like wondering if Grogu is getting his own show.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vinylshadow posted:

Don't forget Triple Zero and Beetee, Vader and Aphra's evil(er) counterparts to Threepio and Artoo respectively

Yeah, just give us a Droids Doing For Themselves series, where Trip, BT, HK, an IG, and Chopper decide enough is enough and plot to overthrow the meatbags once and for all. Or just hold a contest to see who can rack up the highest body count. Let's throw in NED's 'brother' TED to go hog wild with hammers too while we're at it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Madurai posted:

K2 is getting his own show, It's called Andor. There's a zero percent chance we won't see him in the inevitable season 2.

It's like wondering if Grogu is getting his own show.

An animated YouTube series like Roll Out or Galaxy of Creatures with Grogu would be adorable

Also while looking for those, found a three-part mini-movie cut of Star Wars Rebels' Mandalorian plotline on the Disney XD channel

Mandalorian Civil War: Heir Apparent
Mandalorian Civil War: Dark Excalibur
Mandalorian Civil War: Champion

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tsob posted:

Really? What are they, out of interest?

She was a Han Solo-Princess Leia mix and I liked that. Her motivations were entirely personal and that was that. It made her feel real. That "next chance" line is one of my favorite lines in all of Star Wars.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Sash! posted:

She was a Han Solo-Princess Leia mix and I liked that. Her motivations were entirely personal and that was that. It made her feel real. That "next chance" line is one of my favorite lines in all of Star Wars.

I can't even argue most of that for the simple reason that I don't remember enough about her (including the line you mentioned) to do so, but it's nice to know that someone did like what the movie did with the character. Thanks for answering.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tsob posted:

I can't even argue most of that for the simple reason that I don't remember enough about her (including the line you mentioned) to do so, but it's nice to know that someone did like what the movie did with the character. Thanks for answering.

"They've no idea we're coming. No reason to expect us. If we can make it to the ground, we'll take the next chance...and the next, on and on, until we win...or the chances are spent."

It bumps right into the same logic that makes "the fall will probably kill you" one of the best movie scenes of all time. Either you survive every step, or you die, and you're probably going to die anyhow. So why worry about step 2 until step 1 hasn't killed us. I love it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Along with your feelings, Sash, I guess I can also be the guy who thinks Felicity Jones is a smokeshow.

Besides that, along with Jyn Erso being a phenomenal character who was diminished by recuts, that whole sequence is fantastic. If I remember right, she had a showdown with Mon Mothma in one of the earliest Rogue One teasers.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
One thing I like about her is that she isn't particularly charismatic. She's not Bill Pullman giving his big Independence Day speech, she just says "we've got to do the right thing or die trying" and it's what she does more than what she says that ends up mattering

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don't dislike Jynn, but I don't like her either.
I do think she's my second favorite character of a movie with only 1 memorable character and a bunch of background characters. As much as I like Rogue One, characters were not the reason.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hazo posted:

Along with your feelings, Sash, I guess I can also be the guy who thinks Felicity Jones is a smokeshow.

I mean, that doesn't hurt either

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

This had been floating around for a while but it's good to have official confirmation:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1550546526119727105?s=20&t=N8gNx8m3T7wDxsWKAp_FEA

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

2house2fly posted:

She's not Bill Pullman giving his big Independence Day speech,

Clearly. For one thing, she's not audibly drunk while delivering lines.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rogue one was an "aright" star wars movie. i dont think it was a "good" movie, in terms of movies, however. dont remember any of the characters, settings, scenes, anything really. i also confused the robot you were talking about with the annoying yasss girl robot from some other star wars show

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

This had been floating around for a while but it's good to have official confirmation:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1550546526119727105?s=20&t=N8gNx8m3T7wDxsWKAp_FEA

Wait, there’s another new show coming called “the acolyte”? I somehow missed that. What’s it about.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

IIRC it's a show set in the high republic era they've been doing and books and comics for, I don't know if anyone knows anything more than that

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

IIRC it's a show set in the high republic era they've been doing and books and comics for, I don't know if anyone knows anything more than that

That one line alone makes it sound more interesting than Andor, Obi-Wan season 2 and whatever else they've got lined up.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You'd think that, but whenever I hear anything about the high republic stories they're doing maz kanata seems to always come up as one of the main characters, so I'm at least as wary as usual

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the acolyte is supposedly about the re-emergence of the dark side in the waning days of the high republic, its by the lady who made Russian Doll. Sounds pretty sick, its billed as a "mystery thriller"

edit: ive only read the comic stuff, but as far as I know maz kanata is not a main character in the high republic, though she is alive during the era so im sure shows up at times

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sash! posted:

"They've no idea we're coming. No reason to expect us. If we can make it to the ground, we'll take the next chance...and the next, on and on, until we win...or the chances are spent."

It bumps right into the same logic that makes "the fall will probably kill you" one of the best movie scenes of all time. Either you survive every step, or you die, and you're probably going to die anyhow. So why worry about step 2 until step 1 hasn't killed us. I love it.

Yeah, I really like Jyn. And I agree that the "next chance" speech is probably the best scene in the movie. Jyn and K2 are the two really great takeaways from Rogue One.

Oh, and Chirrut. He was a fun, different take on The Force, and Donnie Yen is always great.

Unfortunately, none of them will be in Andor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

You'd think that, but whenever I hear anything about the high republic stories they're doing maz kanata seems to always come up as one of the main characters, so I'm at least as wary as usual

The entirety of Maz Kanata's High Republic appearances: