Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
looking at that posting list and seeing some truly forgotten names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I like how I straight-up didn't post for several years and I'm still #12.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
finished el cazador finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMaSnNzAdM8

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im glad that there are more yuki kajiura w/ emily bindiger songs that ive not already listened to one million times

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 25, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus Christ, Zonder's lair literally hurts my eyes with the flashing, I can't wait for Electric Soldier Porygon to happen halfway through the season so they cut it out

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Julias posted:

You were #1 in the last thread.

oh dear

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Julias posted:

You were #1 in the last thread.

rip namtab

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus Christ, Zonder's lair literally hurts my eyes with the flashing, I can't wait for Electric Soldier Porygon to happen halfway through the season so they cut it out

when the chinese robots do the super gattai its straight up red/blue strobing, though i always found big volfoggs purple strobe harder on the eyes than that. legit though be careful if you have epilepsy or somethin, and dont watch in the dark even if you dont have it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kinda tempted to put the dub of the first half on so I can afford to look away, lol

E: Also maybe just watching it on my computer and not on my TV with Plex

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 25, 2022

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

im glad that there are more yuki kajiura w/ emily bindiger songs that ive not already listened to one million times

also this song owns, which plays in a wonderful scene in an episode somewhere in the middle of el cazador

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVOveOZMclU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/dbznocontext/status/1549793379470409729?s=20&t=5Rz5iuAHAS79Cew1qnM3jg

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vizuyos posted:

rip namtab

he was a solid mod. built good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycophobia posted:

In it, voting 5

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nyoro posted:

he was a solid mod. built good

dunno why he would make the mistake of listening to anything fluffdaddy said but welp

marumaru
May 20, 2013

my pledge to the chat thread is that ill try to get a life so i dont post as much. that's a win for everyone

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sounds like a big mistake to me

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Shinjobi posted:

Let's all grow stronger

With anime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I finished Gun x Sword

it sort of felt like, it didn't really know what it wanted to say? The conflict was too complex to stand as just a gag-and-fights shonen, but not really explored enough to work as a deeper show. It sort of meandered without ever really finding what it wanted to be, and then just sort of ended

A lot of good individual episodes though. I'd call it a 6/10 overall, but with a significant minority of the episodes being 8s or 9s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm slow at finding out about these things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ElAWegcBI

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gun x Sword is one of those shows I watched five episodes of when it aired, was ok/funny, remember fondly. So many sampled shows like that back in the day.

I've pondered trying that again with some airing shows sometime, but I'm content with my ever backlogging log of completed shows for now.

Is there a general oldschool anime thread? If not, is this the new oldschool anime thread? I always dig oldschool anime talk. The mecha thread is good for the mecha stuff.

Any of y'all mess around with Master Keaton?

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

*chugs giant can of energy drink*

*proceeds to lay down on bed perfectly still*

I see the gamer fuel ads are getting accurate at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Which one of us is Dio?:ohdear:

Final Fantasy Unlimited was a show I'm remembering today. It had a nice OP/ED, and the plot was...something. Dude had like an alchemy gun that he'd combine elements in to make like...summoner bullets. That was a dang nifty weapon.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

Is there a general oldschool anime thread?
There will be, once you create it.

Heavy Metal posted:

Any of y'all mess around with Master Keaton?
I read one volume of it forever ago, that's about it. I am familiar with Monster, Pluto, 20th Century Boys, and Billy Bat, however.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shinjobi posted:

Which one of us is Dio?:ohdear:

Final Fantasy Unlimited was a show I'm remembering today. It had a nice OP/ED, and the plot was...something. Dude had like an alchemy gun that he'd combine elements in to make like...summoner bullets. That was a dang nifty weapon.

Fun fact, the JP names for Gunbreaker abilities reference the dirt gun

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Heavy Metal posted:

Is there a general oldschool anime thread? If not, is this the new oldschool anime thread? I always dig oldschool anime talk. The mecha thread is good for the mecha stuff.
Them's fraught waters. Zoomers say Bleach, Deathnote and Naruto are Old School :corsair:

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Them's fraught waters. Zoomers say Bleach, Deathnote and Naruto are Old School :corsair:

I think best way to do it forums wise is have the thread be decade specific (00's anime thread) that way it doesn't keep turning into *ojisan shakes fist at cloud* arguments every second page about what's old-school.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/mangamogurare/status/1551485185627230208?s=21&t=l_vblUGGvyGErlqyyiTQ7Q

:rip:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

drat, sorry to hear.

Bad Seafood posted:

There will be, once you create it.

I read one volume of it forever ago, that's about it. I am familiar with Monster, Pluto, 20th Century Boys, and Billy Bat, however.

mission accepted!

I've been meaning to check out his manga, did love that Monster anime. Saw a few eps of Yawara too. Some of those serious epics look kind of daunting, threw Master Keaton on my watchlist for some episodic coolness. That's a backlog classic, MAL says more people have it on hold than dropped it.

FilthyImp posted:

That is always kooky, even say Cowboy Bebop will always be fresh and new to me. I did figure maybe up to 2010 or ten years ago would do for a thread purpose, but it's all good really.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

cheetah7071 posted:

I finished Gun x Sword

it sort of felt like, it didn't really know what it wanted to say? The conflict was too complex to stand as just a gag-and-fights shonen, but not really explored enough to work as a deeper show. It sort of meandered without ever really finding what it wanted to be, and then just sort of ended

A lot of good individual episodes though. I'd call it a 6/10 overall, but with a significant minority of the episodes being 8s or 9s

Now you can watch the bonus dvd shorts Gun x Sword-san which might be the worst anime of all time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Awww drat, that really sucks. I hope it was peaceful at least.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RareAcumen posted:

This looks like a very boring standard MMO show, also I hate Birdhead for some reason, something about his design doesn't sit right with me.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Can’t wait to discuss the classic anime Demon Slayer

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The podcast Retronauts likes to define "retro" as 10 years or older which I feel is a pretty decent enough cutoff point, even though this means I will now commit murder by calling Hyouka a retro anime.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only one more year until PS4 and Xbone are retro consoles

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Huh, well, that's a strange choice for a thread opener. Gurren Lagann's not that ol-

Oh no.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Huh, well, that's a strange choice for a thread opener. Gurren Lagann's not that ol-

Oh no.

Feeling the life drain away from my body thinking about the age of some of my favorite shows now…

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know One Piece started in 1999, but it's still airing, I don't think that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

This must've been how my dad felt the first time he heard Pink Floyd on a classic rock station.