Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
she managed to live an entire chapter. i believe in yuko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
reading one piece for half my life conditioned my brain to expect a giant crazy reveal from chapters that end in '00'. it's neat fujimoto gave us a quieter introspective chapter about trauma and bonding instead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do wonder what Yoshida's game is because he has to have realized something is going on what with the sudden changes in personality.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yuko, the shoe devil, slowly builds her influence.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Actually no one will die.

Chainsawman pt 2 is a lightherated slice of life manga

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Some character work, some light world building, endearing us to the new side character. Nice little chapter. There is a lot of tension despite the chapter itself not being "tense" in any real sense, just because of familiarity with the author and the original work. However, Fujimoto has said he wants Part 2 to be different from Part 1. Therefore, I believe in Yuko. She will survive and become friends with Kobeni

Thoren posted:

Actually no one will die.

Chainsawman pt 2 is a lightherated slice of life manga

Fujimoto has said part 2 will be different from part 1 and I gotta say I wouldnt mind a SOL set in the chainsaw man world haha

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

War is really chill.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

I do wonder what Yoshida's game is because he has to have realized something is going on what with the sudden changes in personality.

i'm predicting keeping War on a short leash in the vein of the Public Safety devils/fiends from Part 1 where it's some semblance of "work for me or you die"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/AZ16q/status/1551508395077038080

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yuko is the best friend devil

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

As she and Asa defeat countless devils as a team, the Power of Friendship will become the most feared thing on Earth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she has a good friend, which means war has another weapon.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
friendship could be considered a kind of ownership. they are my friend

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she has a good friend, which means war has another weapon.

Oh dear god if she ever says anything like “I’ll do anything for you, you’re my friend” she’s dead

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she doesn't even have to say it. the feeling is enough, as the teacher/sword demonstrated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What kind of devils would be hanging out in unused high school classrooms? The Surprise Test devil? Confession devil? Puberty devil?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mitaka calling War an idiot at the end was a really nice bit lol

I really like Yoshida playing a chill guy who's just hanging out while gathering intel, or at least I assume that's what he's doing. It'll be very funny to me if he turns out like Jon Hamm in 30 rock and is just a total dullard who gets treated well because he's such a smoke show.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RatHat posted:

What kind of devils would be hanging out in unused high school classrooms? The Surprise Test devil? Confession devil? Puberty devil?

The Getting Called To Do A Math Question On The Board With A Boner Devil.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Yuko is the Nobody's Ever Nice to Me Unless They Want Something From Me Devil.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"FIND THE CHAINSAW"

"don't want to"

"FLIRT WITH THIS BOY"

"stop it"

"SELL YOUR SHOES"

"i hate you"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i talked about it with a friend but i think the last two pages of this chap especially highlight how movie-influenced Fujimoto is given how atmospheric the framing feels. it's so ftw

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

Bullying Devil?

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

RatHat posted:

Dust devil

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

"FIND THE CHAINSAW"

"don't want to"

"FLIRT WITH THIS BOY"

"stop it"

"SELL YOUR SHOES"

"i hate you"
War is the most parasocial devil.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure that school-based devils would necessarily be weak, anyway. there are lots of kids going through school at any given moment and many of them have similar fears and anxieties.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'd say a hypothetical bullying devil could be downright insidious, if maybe not quite the weapon-of-mass-destruction class

and as this chapter showcased, we can be pretty sure Pochita didn't eat that one

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

RatHat posted:

chicken devil

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

War being "wear your shoes, your and by extension my feet hurt :(" was the highlight for me

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Eggplant Squire posted:

War being "wear your shoes, your and by extension my feet hurt :(" was the highlight for me

And then when they do get shoes they're immediately like "So we gonna sell these or what" is the cherry.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

War, man...what are they good for?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hitting on dudes, obviously.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yuko is a complete dumbass and I love her

The "I said I'm not fine!" "You are not fine!!" bit got me

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

“bullying is a symptom of fundamental inequality in society and pervasive amongst humans and devils alike. anyway let’s loving kill them”

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Eagerly awaiting Fujimoto's spin-off series, It's Not My Fault I'm Not a Popular Devil.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I just love that the War devil isn't down with bullies. I know it has interest in keeping our girl popular so dealing with bullies is going to be a thing but it mentioning it being an issue among devils is really interesting.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

RatHat posted:

The summer job I had cleaning a high school means that I've powered the Gum Stuck Behind A Desk devil.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I can't tell if war is going to soften a bit and empathize with Asa. which causes her to have more control or if this is a fake out

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Really hope that this becomes a supernatural Japanese high school version of She’s All That and War Devil attempts to give Asa a makeover in her bid to take over the school.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Would a "club" member work as a pun in Japanese?

You know. Just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I can't tell if war is going to soften a bit and empathize with Asa. which causes her to have more control or if this is a fake out

What if when war finally gets the nukes back, it doesn't actually use them - because then it wouldn't have them anymore. It just wants to sit on them like eggs in a nest.