Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That entire interview is gold. The full Scion TC story lol. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Also, I love how nothing is ever his fault, but his explanation for why never makes any sense.

quote:

Probably the funniest thing Stone did on the show was leave in the middle of the night, claiming he needed a good rest, on his first night as Angela’s simulated co-parent. Stone said that the crew of The Rehearsal gave him the impression that the robotic baby’s cries wouldn’t be as loud or as frequent as they ended up being in the show.

This too lol

quote:

All in all, Stone is frustrated that The Rehearsal cut his appearance down to only the “douchey” things he said and did. But he isn’t sure that he would have done or said anything differently. Even his comment to Fielderabout wanting to sleep with Angela even though she is celibate, which he acknowledged came across as crass, was something he could justify.

“I could just tell. I mean, I'm very good with women,” he said. “I could just tell she was into me like that. So that’s why I even said that.”

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really the whole thing reads like "I am mad about this show doing an extremely accurate depiction of me, now let me prove it to you that I am exactly the guy you saw on screen" lol.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Everyone should read that interview because holy moly lol

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I think the interviewer may have been Nathan with a fake mustache. It's absolutely brutal to read.

quote:

He said that he felt tension between himself and Fielder when he got into a fight with his roommate, saying that he was “literally about to beat his rear end.”

“He probably didn’t want people to see that,” he said.
I kind of doubt this happened the way he says, because it seems like incredible content to not put in the show.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was about to beat his rear end, which is why I let him drive my car immediately after.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
its not really clear who he's talking about there. also he may appear in the next episode...?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
either way I feel like nobody on either of Nathan's shows has been more acutely and accurately portrayed than this guy

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JAMOOOL posted:

either way I feel like nobody on either of Nathan's shows has been more acutely and accurately portrayed than this guy

Everyone of these people is exactly as they are portrayed.
Ironically, only Nathan is vastly different, since he has adapted a public persona for his everyday life.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tbf leaving the prank house of the girl you just met where a robot baby has been screaming at you all night is the least weird thing about the guy

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

cant cook creole bream posted:

Everyone of these people is exactly as they are portrayed.
Ironically, only Nathan is vastly different, since he has adapted a public persona for his everyday life.

I mean that guy is probably pretty mental, especially as we've seen things like his brothers tweets and that interview. But lol just lol if you don't realise that at the end of the day this is still highly edited reality TV and doesn't portray everyone exactly as they are.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

Stone, who has a moving company in the Portland, Oregon area

the gently caress he does

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

according to robbin the tweaking roommate died in a car crash???

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TAGGED: HBO, NATHAN FIELDER, THE REHEARSAL, SCION TC

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
he was a good dude other than the whole not accepting jesus thing... new thread title

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Scion TC Robin is absolutely getting his own reality show in the next two years. He's the living equivalent of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon about two trains and an airplane about to collide at a spot that happens to have a gas leak.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Scion TC Robin is absolutely getting his own reality show in the next two years. He's the living equivalent of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon about two trains and an airplane about to collide at a spot that happens to have a gas leak.

that would require more stability of him than i think he is capable of

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"Around Robin"

get it, it's like a round robin

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The craziest part of that interview is the bit where it says he and Angela are still talking and think they're meant to be together lol.

Even crazier when you realize people like this represent like 25% of the population in this country.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The craziest part of that interview is the bit where it says he and Angela are still talking and think they're meant to be together lol.

Even crazier when you realize people like this represent like 25% of the population in this country.

Only 25%?

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I like that he said he was going to be an NBA player despite appearing to be approaching 30 and not seeming to care about basketball nearly as much as Jesus or his Scion TC.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

She should have stuck with the guy who was afraid of eels

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Paper Lion posted:

Rest in peace. That is terribly sorry to hear.

idk about that.

Lol, Robin is the gift that keeps on giving.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

She should have stuck with the guy who was afraid of eels

It's a perfectly reasonable irrational fear, imo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no its not, eels are cute

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palmtree Panic posted:

Rest in peace. That is terribly sorry to hear.

idk about that.

Lol, Robin is the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you for your input

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's alarming if they're actually still talking, but even more alarming if they're not and he just has a weird fixation about it.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Paper Lion posted:

wait Robin's roommate is dead? the guy who couldn't stand Robin and complained that he talked about his car crash all the loving time, died later from a car crash?

:tinfoil:

that dude was murdered

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

I think he will set up the bar as his rehearsal base and literally live in the house raising the progressively older kid with Angela for an entire year while simultaneously shooting the “real” version of the show. Sort of like Review in which the job and home life are dangerously intertwined.

I hope.

I love Review, a nathanverse version of that escalation would be pretty incredible but maybe a bit too over the top, as absurd as that feels to say?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Damnit. I specifically avoid watching shows until the entire season wraps up for this specific reason. I thought that they were all going to be self contained. That said....love the setup here. Hope that future episodes are longer than this. Was too much of a tease.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I almost wish he didn't leave right away just so we could have seen his attempt to seduce her

It's probably for the best, though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

I almost wish he didn't leave right away just so we could have seen his attempt to seduce her

It's probably for the best, though

Thank you for your input. God bless you.

edit:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > The Rehearsal: God bless you, bro.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

:lol:

Paper Lion posted:

:lmao:

if he's only in the 1 episode i'll be so sad but he has delivered so much content

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nate Fields

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Natty F

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i definitely hope someone tries to leverage Robbin into a show because i very much want to see that train crash, as long as nobody get hurt

edit: like, let's figure out some way to hook up Robbin with Ben Shapiro or somethin

Benny Shaps

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
jesus h christ do these people just jump in cars and smash the accelerator until they hit an object solid enough to stop them

I have been driving for like 20 years and the biggest accident i ever had was backing into something at maybe 5mph

I just cant even :psyduck:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
jesus take the wheel, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
77, this one is always here.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

I have been driving for like 20 years and the biggest accident i ever had was backing into something at maybe 5mph

you're just not drunk and high and #blessed enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

It's alarming if they're actually still talking, but even more alarming if they're not and he just has a weird fixation about it.

I think he was just trying to look good for the interview