Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've made a MOC that is full of BURPs and SNOT.

That sounds awful.

No. AFOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't forget JORTS.. jerk only reselling this poo poo.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Waltzing Along posted:

I've made a MOC that is full of BURPs and SNOT.

That sounds awful.

No. AFOL.

How is this thread not called "Something AFOL"?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Prophet of Nixon posted:

:emptyquote:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I think it was at one point.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The discord server is.

https://discord.gg/MRysheuRMN

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Slugworth posted:

I think it was at one point.

Yes it was.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ivantod posted:

Big Ugly Rock Piece, as explained above.

There's some terrible BURPS but I actually really like this one. Super easy to build off of, and use as a space filler.

I actually have a bunch of some weird variant of it that is dual injected with green and gray that I got in a lot. Used them to build up this Metal Slug build I did a few years ago and it probably saved me hours and hundreds of parts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/cuz99l/metal_slug/

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
That BURP is a POOP.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The use of those walls was perfect on the big hogwarts set. Simplified the assembly of the base quite a lot and it looks really good.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Mr Phillby posted:

That BURP is a POOP.
I know we're doing a bit, but that isn't precisely true. The large hollow space inside the BURP gives it a unique function (sometimes) that a series of standard bricks arranged in the same shape would not!

LEGO acronyms are pretty bad. Unfortunately, I do use "SNOT" a lot because it's such a handy term. I could just say "sideways building" but SNOT covers upside-down and weird angular poo poo as well. It's just a really nice, succinct term for the idea it represents.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Double posting: someone on Reddit found that Target currently has a number of sets that are about to release tomorrow available for preorder, specifically at their original, pre-August prices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legodeal/comments/wcmjp0/target_has_aug_1st_preorders_at_original_pricing/

Might be your only chance to get Sanctum Santorum at $200 instead of $250, for instance. Worth a look.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Carbohydrates posted:

Double posting: someone on Reddit found that Target currently has a number of sets that are about to release tomorrow available for preorder, specifically at their original, pre-August prices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legodeal/comments/wcmjp0/target_has_aug_1st_preorders_at_original_pricing/

Might be your only chance to get Sanctum Santorum at $200 instead of $250, for instance. Worth a look.

Sanctum for me shows 250, other ones it works on.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Sweet, went ahead and got the viking ship, I was actually planning on getting it anyway. Didn't realize they were increasing the prices on sets that hadn't come out yet..

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Carbohydrates posted:

You can also get Optimus Prime for $149.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Was fiddling around with the Mario ? Mark block and I’ve found a distressing number of light gray pieces have split. Two 1 stud squares and an arch used for Peaches castle and another small plate that makes up the back. Thankfully nothing that can’t be turned around to hide it and not particularly rare pieces, but I’ve never had a Lego piece split on its own before.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ratatozsk posted:

Was fiddling around with the Mario ? Mark block and I’ve found a distressing number of light gray pieces have split. Two 1 stud squares and an arch used for Peaches castle and another small plate that makes up the back. Thankfully nothing that can’t be turned around to hide it and not particularly rare pieces, but I’ve never had a Lego piece split on its own before.

You should be contacting Lego about that; there hasn't been a major piece splitting issue since the red-brown one from several years ago.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
There must be the occasional bad batches of bricks. Benny's Space Squad was a terrible set for me. The yellow and pink torsos split down the sit, and both gray clips broke. The only other issues I've had have been with the red-brown pieces.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Me ordering Legos for Christmas before the Aug 1 price spike: yes hahah yes
Me after the basement floods and destroys the van Gogh box and manual: gently caress

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Woot got my Forest Hideout :toot:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

Good looking out. Thanks.

Koramei posted:

Sweet, went ahead and got the viking ship, I was actually planning on getting it anyway. Didn't realize they were increasing the prices on sets that hadn't come out yet..
Same. They didn't have the new James Bond car though.

mastershakeman posted:

Me after the basement floods and destroys the van Gogh box and manual: gently caress
That's a bummer.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Inflation is 10%.

LEGO: might as well raise prices by 20% and justify it by just saying "inflation" even though our prices are already massively marked up from cost.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Dammit Target has increased the price of the noodle house and viking boat. I knew that I should have pulled the trigger earlier. Except,

deoju posted:

Same. They didn't have the new James Bond car though.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-speed-champions-007-aston-martin-db5-76911-toy-building-set--no-aasa/-/A-84800201
This James Bond car still seems to be $20.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oh, thanks. I must have been searching for "James Bond" not "007." :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chris Knight posted:

Woot got my Forest Hideout :toot:

Nice! It’s a cool set.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Missing out on those Target deals has me pouring over the price increase list again. Which has me thinking that I should probably bust out some VIP point reward discounts and grab a tree house before it goes up $50!!!

https://www.toysnbricks.com/lego-price-increase-hike-list-2022-summer/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You can also find some deals on Ebay. I got the mario question block for about $140 on ebay. New. Shipped. So any of the stuff that is about to be raised you might be able to find a deal.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

If you're making an insurance claim, do you have the receipts?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Inflation is 10%.

LEGO: might as well raise prices by 20% and justify it by just saying "inflation" even though our prices are already massively marked up from cost.
I mean, this is true for basically everything right now.

Placed an order for the Camaro and the two speed champion cars... not happy about the 30$ CAD price tags on the latter, might be the last lego I buy for the year. Said I qualified for the forest hideout, just hope I actually get one.

...until the DeLorean comes back in stock. Or they announce something else I end up sufficiently hyped for. :negative:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We finally encountered a Lego store where they had EXACTLY the stuff I desperately wanted to build more dumb stuff with my son. (and a lot of stuff I never knew I wanted like transparent columns and neon yellow blocks which my son fell in love with)
But also double glass doors, large black wall panes, weird white thingies you can make a circle with. Sloped parts are also always welcome.
We've been running out of large plates (so many buildings, mechs and space ships need plates) and bricks for walls for a long time now.
Lastly transparent round thingies. Which are great for setting up displays of characters jumping or running or sending lasers flying.
So we picked a big jar this time and stuffed that thing full.

Amusingly, the most fun I probably have is when I just empty the container and try to build something of the assorted pieces.
The first time we did that we made some cool cars which we played with for a week before stripping them for parts. This time we made dumb space ships. Where the controls are cash registers. :allears:
My son loved his ship so much his is still in one piece. I already destroyed mine for parts for the building I've been trying to make.
But still, just making stuff out of a random assortment of parts you picked up because they're cool or possibly useful is dumb fun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's not dumb, it's literally what the toy was made for.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

xzzy posted:

Dumb Legos!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I don't see the August promo for the forest hideout, if I just order will it automatically apply? And if I make two orders (a set of stuff for the kid, then a set of stuff for me) will it apply to each order?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I bought the Lego Atari 2600 and a bunch of new Lego Mario stuff.

I can’t get enough of the silly Lego Mario sub-line, it’s adorable and clever.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

xzzy posted:

I was expecting to enjoy making the thing I was planning to make more. :shrug:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh it's the first! The pyramid came out today!
And the haunted mansion.
And I suppose I should get the Lunar Lander to go with my Santurn V, that was a lot of fun!
Oh I keep meaning to buy the everyone is awesome set, might as...

Welp just spent all my funbux for the month.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Me, I'm getting me a brand new galaxy explorer today. Hurry up fedex.

:f5:

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Alarbus posted:

I don't see the August promo for the forest hideout, if I just order will it automatically apply? And if I make two orders (a set of stuff for the kid, then a set of stuff for me) will it apply to each order?

Well according to reddit's legodeal, it was up then sold out really fast. I'll hold off and see if they put up something else in a day or three.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone else had this same issue with the LEGO site:

You go to it and it randomly chooses another countries storefront.

Today, it was GB. A few days back it was NZ. Before that? Canada. I can't get it to stop choosing the wrong country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Has anyone else had this same issue with the LEGO site:

You go to it and it randomly chooses another countries storefront.

Today, it was GB. A few days back it was NZ. Before that? Canada. I can't get it to stop choosing the wrong country.
I get that occasionally if I've clicked on a link from another site.