Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:goofy:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

simply epic

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

life is all about perspective

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lol

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JRPG dog noises like the Bluths imitating chickens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aria of Sorrow stays winning. I was like "I've never heard of this god" and looked it up and this is, somehow, a mistranslation of the kanji for Amaterasu Okami

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Aria of Sorrow stays winning. I was like "I've never heard of this god" and looked it up and this is, somehow, a mistranslation of the kanji for Amaterasu Okami

lmao

lol cool

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

to be a lil more specific, because the reason why is kinda interesting, whats happening here is different kanji readings. japanese kanji have 2 different readings, called kun (which is reading them as japanese characters) and on (which is reading them as chinese characters, since japanese borrows a lot from chinese). amaterasu in kanji is 天照, which is read in kun as amaterasu. in on reading though, its tensho. so tensho daijin would mean "the great god tensho", and people have in fact called amaterasu that in the past. buddhism used that term a bit from what i can find. definitely the less common reading though and almost definitely a mistake to translate it like that for an english audience, who wouldnt know any of that lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

to be a lil more specific, because the reason why is kinda interesting, whats happening here is different kanji readings. japanese kanji have 2 different readings, called kun (which is reading them as japanese characters) and on (which is reading them as chinese characters, since japanese borrows a lot from chinese). amaterasu in kanji is 天照, which is read in kun as amaterasu. in on reading though, its tensho. so tensho daijin would mean "the great god tensho", and people have in fact called amaterasu that in the past. buddhism used that term a bit from what i can find. definitely the less common reading though and almost definitely a mistake to translate it like that for an english audience, who wouldnt know any of that lol.

That’s cool

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

this hit me harder than usual with nostalgia. I think I need to do a 100% completion Earthbound run, in all my playthroughs I've never actually done it

or I could just get around to finally playing mother 3

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

play mother 3

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I kept believing they'd localize it officially... I think it's time to let go of that dream

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Martman posted:

I kept believing they'd localize it officially... I think it's time to let go of that dream

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant wait to play beyond good and evil 2 either!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Martman posted:

if it's any consolation, the fan patch is a breathtaking and exquisite labor of unfathomable love