Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
same

bit petty of them to spell his name wrong though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

MikeCrotch posted:

Not an emptyquote

you can emptyquote, here. you're free now

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

it dont matter posted:

That's great, now tell me more about the two internets

The two Internets: male and female

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
noncenet, for the upper classes

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

noncenet, for the upper classes

and the teens

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Devor posted:

and the teens
cbeebiesnet, carefully moderated by respectable members of society.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
what about the freedom of speech of teens

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Just found out today that the local binmen are on strike.

GOOD.

The more people on strike the better. Just one problem though, I get the feeling that gammons are going to blame the wrong people for this as usual.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes doubling down on leveling up takes looking around and saying "these nurses are loaded"

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/IsabelOakeshott/status/1554379871291310081

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

he should have said something suave and debonair like "that rear end, madam"

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1554180953261674497
https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1553469868380504067

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Aug 2, 2022

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Venomous posted:

tbf it's not like any of this is going to lose her the Tory membership vote

if anything, they probably agree on everything Truss is saying, because she hasn't flip-flopped on anything like Sunak, and you know who else didn't flip-flop on anything? That's right, Thatcher

I'm assuming that being white is a big bonus for Truss vs. Sunak.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You could tell some of those were jokes because of the way they looked at the audience in anticipation.

Glad Britain has their version of Gutfeld!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Everyone itt going to jail

https://twitter.com/charleshymas/status/1554710430366449664?t=Xf3WrxWrusZsQh3Z98ldEQ

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love doing my prevent training every year. If you see anyone doing anything, ever, report it. Very British experience

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Just for saying you're British

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1554509586186526720

lol

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Looking forward to Liz Truss winning a landslide victory in this winter's snap gen election.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/iain_games/status/1554750332240105473?t=RPIOKLGN1CY8cVK5nFijeQ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the sex ghost posted:

Love doing my prevent training every year. If you see anyone doing anything, ever, report it. Very British experience

this was from last year

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CJS just caught up on a bunch of online training I was flagged as being out of date for. There was a one for 'Preventing Radicalization' and it felt just a touch 'off' - a lot of the examples were Islam-based with only a couple of right-wing ones, and stuff like

'Darren has autism, and recently converted to Islam. He chats with his new friends online and is vocal about conflicts in the middle east'

Yeah he *may* have been radicalised, or maybe he has just found God and is pissed off with the actual poo poo happening in the ME. I dunno, it just felt a bit 'written by whitey' without considering how the examples themselves might influence the person reading them uncritically.

Or maybe I'm just a 'Woke Snowflake' in my old age.

though I doubt it will have changed at all when I get round to catching it up this year.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.businessgreen.com/news/4054209/fields-shouldnt-solar-panels-truss-vows-crackdown-renewables-development

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Do I need to be a Football Knower to get this?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I think protecting teens is probably a good idea but the way to do that is to give all MPs sexual harm prevention orders, just in case

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Microplastics posted:

No

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Microplastics posted:

Familiarity with modern British legends helps.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Microplastics posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Microplastics posted:

Google Fred & Rose West and have nightmares.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Google Fred & Rose West and have nightmares.
huh, didn't know fred was a police informant.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Hillary 2024 posted:

I'm assuming that being white is a big bonus for Truss vs. Sunak.

the most racist sections of the tory electorate are salivating for kemi or suella so genuinely probably not, it's just that he's such a uniquely unlikeable prick

can't remember who said it first but the english elites really do value class above all else; they are obviously viciously racist towards working class people as suits but their class solidarity is absolutely rock solid

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Rustybear posted:

the most racist sections of the tory electorate are salivating for kemi or suella so genuinely probably not, it's just that he's such a uniquely unlikeable prick

can't remember who said it first but the english elites really do value class above all else; they are obviously viciously racist towards working class people as suits but their class solidarity is absolutely rock solid

Very much this.

His problem is that he is a liberal at heart and the tory party membership is very much not.

I think someone else said he would fit in perfectly into Keith's cabinet.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
his personal profile is an intersection of investment banker/techbro/billionaire/backstabber and people wonder why he's losing badly

you'd have to stage iv pundit brain to think he ever had the slightest chance

e: truss is winning bigly and she hasn't even brought out the big guns: he raised your taxes while avoiding his own; he lives in America; he's the first chancellor to have broken the law in office

incredible that this many MPs and hacks have gone along with an obvious dud for as long as they have, he only exists at all becasue cummings needed a glove puppet to operate the treasury

Rustybear has issued a correction as of 13:06 on Aug 3, 2022

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol that he stabbed boris in the back and then his big chance was stolen by Liz 'hurrdurr' Truss

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol that he stabbed boris in the back and then his big chance was stolen by Liz 'hurrdurr' Truss

peak tory right there

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
truss is exactly stupid enough for this moment and in hindsight it's obvious it would be her

the perfect love child of johnson and may; all his grasp of policy and attention to detail, and all her personality, warmth and charisma

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If Sunak had any political instincts he'd know that the one that holds the knife never gets to assume the leadership. It's why every other senior minister was so cowardly at the time of the big resignation.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

my fave thing was every scenario question no matter how innocuous having the "call the police" answer. would click it every time. student asks for help? see something, say something, sorted. the final sortlution

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this was from last year

though I doubt it will have changed at all when I get round to catching it up this year.

they intentionally choose a "based on a true story" scenario just to double heap the selection bias and racist paranoia

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

you have been found extremely radical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1554811575407706114?t=atRkbl9WJWrxWsqD2EiATQ&s=19

Daily Mail enjoying themselves in Cloud Cuckooland