Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Caidin posted:

If there's 3 dialogue options, the one on the left is moral, the one up top is wrathful and the one on the right is harmony.
If your talking to someone and you get two options, the left does nothing and the one on the right gives you affinity points.

The game has been very consistent on this thus far unless I'm more addled today then usual.

As it goes on the dialogue choices that increase affinity get three potential choices with only one increasing affinity. You can still tell when it’s a choice that changes your values because the choice will faintly glow green/yellow/red when you highlight it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Caidin posted:

If there's 3 dialogue options, the one on the left is moral, the one up top is wrathful and the one on the right is harmony.
If your talking to someone and you get two options, the left does nothing and the one on the right gives you affinity points.

If this is true, I hate it. I hadn't noticed a position:result relationship yet.

Oh by the way, you can check your scores for each of the three attributes in one of the pause menus. I know that some games (Triangle Strategy before NG+) keep your scores a secret.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Also the correct decision for affinitu isn’t always on the left, you do actually have to think about how specific characters would respond to what you say

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Man, they really hid the Mature Enlightenment Slabs away, I have yet to see any of the mons that give it out every time, and I don't want to be hyper-levelled up from fighting fifty of the same champions over and over again hoping for a drop.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pyroi posted:

Man, they really hid the Mature Enlightenment Slabs away, I have yet to see any of the mons that give it out every time, and I don't want to be hyper-levelled up from fighting fifty of the same champions over and over again hoping for a drop.

Talk to them and request an item instead

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm in the ending fight of part 3 of Survive I think?

Floramon big digivolving scene was sorta random and a weird conversation but okay.

Actually to go on from the scene right after that, could I have avoided that unpleasantness at all? It seems like it considering I'd been trying to stay close to his deathflagging rear end but to avoid this sorta thing but...

Caidin fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 3, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Caidin posted:

Actually to go on from the scene right after that, could I have avoided that unpleasantness at all? It seems like it considering I'd been trying to stay close to his deathflagging rear end but to avoid this sorta thing but...

Not on your first playthrough, no.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

RatHat posted:

Not on your first playthrough, no.

I see. That sorta thing kinda pisses me off.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Caidin posted:

Yeah, it's a little bit unfortunate. In Devil Survivor 1 and 2 you could hypothetically get any ending route you wanted on your first playthrough, it's just that some of them were way rougher than others...

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Caidin posted:

I feel like it works here. Having someone die early on is pretty important for establishing stakes, and it's a lot harder to write around if there were multiple characters it could have been. If it was possible to save everyone on the first run, it'd feel like an obligation for most players, and change the mood from "your choices matter" to "make the Correct Choices". Not that I know if the New Game+ exclusive route keeps everybody alive but I assume that's where it goes. I have only played through the start of part 5, so maybe my feelings will change when I've seen more.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok so I beat Digimon survive and I’m in NG+, and if you’re on PS/Xbox and want to 100% it it looks like the Master Researcher cheevo is gonna be the annoying one. You need all the mons in your “dex” for it, but some you only see through partner megas which are split between the 4 routes. So I think you’d need 4 playthroughs. Thankfully you do get a dialogue fast forward button in NG+ so it’s not THAT bad but it’ll still take a while.

By the way Mon levels, evos, library, items, and memories carry over to NG+, Moral/Wrath/Harmony bar, partner affinities don’t. Also weirdly battles arent scaled to NG+ so you’ll just steamroll everything. It was very funny to evolve to Mega for Agumon’s tutorial battle

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Alright, I finished one of the routes! Harmony path.

I didn’t expect for only four of the party to survive. The story used Boltboutamon well, although I admit I didn’t learn much about what the Master’s deal is. Renamon joining the party was neat, even is they did end up biting the dust. I’m definitely interested in seeing who lives/who becomes a villain in the other routes.

Game good, I definitely would recommend it to any Digimon fan

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

RatHat posted:

Ok so I beat Digimon survive and I’m in NG+, and if you’re on PS/Xbox and want to 100% it it looks like the Master Researcher cheevo is gonna be the annoying one. You need all the mons in your “dex” for it, but some you only see through partner megas which are split between the 4 routes. So I think you’d need 4 playthroughs. Thankfully you do get a dialogue fast forward button in NG+ so it’s not THAT bad but it’ll still take a while.

By the way Mon levels, evos, library, items, and memories carry over to NG+, Moral/Wrath/Harmony bar, partner affinities don’t. Also weirdly battles arent scaled to NG+ so you’ll just steamroll everything. It was very funny to evolve to Mega for Agumon’s tutorial battle

God, I wish you could customize this. Being able to pick any evo is exactly what I want out of a NG+, but it sounds like you're so buff by then it doesn't matter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Bee posted:

God, I wish you could customize this. Being able to pick any evo is exactly what I want out of a NG+, but it sounds like you're so buff by then it doesn't matter.

Once you unlock them you can. You can even go between evos of the same stage

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

thetoughestbean posted:

Alright, I finished one of the routes! Harmony path.

Game good, I definitely would recommend it to any Digimon fan

Do you feel like you got a good time out if the Harmony path? That's the road I'm headed down right now at the beginning of Part 5.!I don't want a repeat of Fire Emblem Three Houses where I accidentally pick the "worst" path (in that case, Blue Lions, where you learned the least about the plot even if the characters were great).

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

By the way, if anyone was wondering, the optional bad ending is a short cutscene so if you find yourself curious go for it. It's pretty dreary as expected

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I’m close to the end on Wrathful and have been talking to a friend on Harmony, and from what I’m picking up, Moral is probably the most boring.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mandatory lesbian posted:

Ya know, i was thinking "this sounds a lot like paladin mode" but i wasnt sure lmao. Idk where paladin mode is from but just from pics he does have strong omegamon energy despite just being white imperialdramon

His sword is literally Omegamon with the arms removed.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

I’m close to the end on Wrathful and have been talking to a friend on Harmony, and from what I’m picking up, Moral is probably the most boring.

Not super amazing, the moral one is usually the dullest option.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lopmon's champion and ultimate evolutions are hot garbage. They only have melee range attacks and basically need Minoru's talk buff to do much at all. At least the mega is really good

Mister Olympus posted:

Yeah it's the generic good ending really. You do get Omegamon/Omnimon though

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 4, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

wuggles posted:

Do you feel like you got a good time out if the Harmony path? That's the road I'm headed down right now at the beginning of Part 5.!I don't want a repeat of Fire Emblem Three Houses where I accidentally pick the "worst" path (in that case, Blue Lions, where you learned the least about the plot even if the characters were great).

I liked it a lot! It goes into Kaito and Miu’a relationship in a way I found very satisfying

RatHat posted:

Labramon's champion and ultimate evolutions are hot garbage. They only have melee range attacks and basically need Minoru's talk buff to do much at all. At least the mega is really good

Yeah it's the generic good ending really. You do get Omegamon/Omnimon though

That’s not true though. Dobermon has a ranged special move and Cerberusmon has a t-shaped breath attack

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I liked the harmony ending a lot more than I expected to.

We beat the last bad guy, a portal back to the real world opens, and with his dying breath the villain gloats that now an army of pissed off digimon are going to go wreck the human world. Yawn, I've seen this a dozen times, we're obviously going to seal the portal in a way that ends with the humans in the human world and the digimon in the digiworld.

Nope! The party just figures that there are good digimon as well as bad, and while there's inevitable going to be a ton of chaos it's up to them to help humans and digimon live together peacefully. Epilogue one year later: the worlds are permanently joined, civilization is forever changed, the future is uncertain but the cast is doing the best they can. Cop out averted. The end.

Not sure how much of that is unique to harmony or shared in all the paths, but I liked it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I feel like I'm committed to playing Survive at least twice. I need to see how cool Kunemon can become. He is easily my favorite partner digimon and got done dirty.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ethiser posted:

I feel like I'm committed to playing Survive at least twice. I need to see how cool Kunemon can become. He is easily my favorite partner digimon and got done dirty.

he becomes extremely cool

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean posted:

I liked it a lot! It goes into Kaito and Miu’a relationship in a way I found very satisfying

That’s not true though. Dobermon has a ranged special move and Cerberusmon has a t-shaped breath attack

Oops, I meant Lopmon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RatHat posted:

Oops, I meant Lopmon

Oh! In that case… use the additional moves you can get with equipment. Iirc the ultimate has high special attack and you can take good advantage of that

I’ve only just started NG+ but I evolved a Patamon into Antylamon in my first playthrough and gave it Grand Rock, which did some real work

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Has anyone found wild tentamon, renamon and palmon? I plan on going for platinum and I think these will be what I really have to worry about since I can use the same file to get all endings

Ethiser posted:

I was looking forward to ng+ for this reason. The game is one hell of a ride though

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Man most of the decks in this new BT9 set for the TCG are a ton of fun but boy are Alphamon OTK and MetalGarurumon X OTK some of the most miserable poo poo in the universe

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

FireWorksWell posted:

Has anyone found wild tentamon, renamon and palmon? I plan on going for platinum and I think these will be what I really have to worry about since I can use the same file to get all endings

I was looking forward to ng+ for this reason. The game is one hell of a ride though

Have you found wild Gabumon?

Tentamon and Palmon both have events where you can directly recruit them during Free Time and they both show up as fights when you look with your phone in the shrine area

Renamon becomes a party member in the Harmony route but I realized too late that to get the each stage in the library you need to evolve to that stage during a fight. Hopefully she becomes a party member in the Truth route as well

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

thetoughestbean posted:

Have you found wild Gabumon?

Renamon becomes a party member in the Harmony route but I realized too late that to get the each stage in the library you need to evolve to that stage during a fight. Hopefully she becomes a party member in the Truth route as well

Yes, through a shadow battle encounter, I wanna say chap 7? And the other quoted bit, that happened for me in Moral so I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks for the heads up though

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I accidentally put myself on the NG+ only path by being too nice to Shuuji. The hope had been to just save Ryo but nope, he had to jump to Shuuji’s rescue. I’d hoped to see at least one other route first but I might as well just do this one then put down the game for a while and pick up XBC3

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean posted:

I accidentally put myself on the NG+ only path by being too nice to Shuuji. The hope had been to just save Ryo but nope, he had to jump to Shuuji’s rescue. I’d hoped to see at least one other route first but I might as well just do this one then put down the game for a while and pick up XBC3

Nope, saving Ryo automatically puts you on the path and Shuuji will survive no matter what.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RatHat posted:

Nope, saving Ryo automatically puts you on the path and Shuuji will survive no matter what.

I have no clue how I’m going to get everyone to 70 affinity. I only barely got the surviving characters to it right before the final battle in the Harmony route

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The only one I didn't get in my moral run was Aoi (at 69)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean posted:

I have no clue how I’m going to get everyone to 70 affinity. I only barely got the surviving characters to it right before the final battle in the Harmony route

Affinity seems to go faster in NG+ thankfully. Also don’t be afraid to save scum because sometimes the correct answers don’t make a lot of sense

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

Affinity seems to go faster in NG+ thankfully. Also don’t be afraid to save scum because sometimes the correct answers don’t make a lot of sense

I do it at this point but it sucks, having to close and reopen the game every time is so slow. Thankfully you can save just before a choice though, and there's logic in what choices are the correct ones most of the time.

Far better than savescumming a recruitment, where I have to redo the entire battle over and over again until it works or I get angry that I can't roll a 22% chance after 11 tries.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I do it at this point but it sucks, having to close and reopen the game every time is so slow. Thankfully you can save just before a choice though, and there's logic in what choices are the correct ones most of the time.

Far better than savescumming a recruitment, where I have to redo the entire battle over and over again until it works or I get angry that I can't roll a 22% chance after 11 tries.

Er you can just reload the auto save from when you entered the room

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

RatHat posted:

Sometimes the game just suddenly goes to black screen and you're back in the map with the autosave already gone and characters shuffle to new places, it's not that often but man is it annoying

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

RatHat posted:

You can make a save at the dialogue choice and just reload straight back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How do you get Mature Enlightenment Slabs again? I heard it comes from fighting/talking to Fangmons but all I've ever gotten from them is Big Bandages.