Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
She is in love with the Nuke devil, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Here's a crazy theory: Yuko is the new control demon. She grew up fast (Because apparently that's just how demons are. She was already like ten after a month) and because she was raised by Denji she's much nicer and more cheerful.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also maybe heavily socialized by manga

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scholtz posted:

Also maybe heavily socialized by manga

Yeah, Denji let his kid watch anime. That was his one major flaw as a parent.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
MAPPA are doing some kind of annoucement stream soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0-TXegj-o

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

halloween

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

MAPPA are doing some kind of annoucement stream soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0-TXegj-o

Yep. Announced the main cast and showed a new trailer. Denji and Aki's VAs haven't had many big roles before, which is interesting.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Here's the new PV

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1555510868284162049

The voices seem really good, it looks sexy as one would expect from MAPPA and the OST is going to be a bop.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Here's a crazy theory: Yuko is the new control demon. She grew up fast (Because apparently that's just how demons are. She was already like ten after a month) and because she was raised by Denji she's much nicer and more cheerful.

We already have one of those.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not a huge fan of Makima's voice, would have preferred it be a bit deeper and less timid sounding.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
having it whispery and insinuating fits her character better i think

makima strikes me as the type who never has to raise her voice because everyone else shuts up when she talks

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

having it whispery and insinuating fits her character better i think

makima strikes me as the type who never has to raise her voice because everyone else shuts up when she talks

I don't disagree with that last point but I guess I still think it should have a bit more to it regardless, I dunno.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

her va is kanade in project sekai so shes ftw

anyway ive def. heard her va get deeper/huskier some, not crazy so but it makes me think that range is in her.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm thinking once she reveals her true nature her voice will change to heighten the impact.

Or maybe it won't and it will just be extra unnerving..

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Oxxidation posted:

Same.

Honestly, a more serene-sounding delivery works perfectly for her.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'll withhold judgement until I hear her say a corpse is talking.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Makima sounds like if Ayanami Rei was your superficially pleasant manager at work who would in reality cut your throat and light your corpse on fire if it helped end-of-quarter numbers, which I think is fairly spot on

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The exploding chainsaw out the head effect looks even gorier than the manga

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
lines too thin + cataract vision color design + voices dont match my imagination :byewhore:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Ragnar34 posted:

I've been trying to guess what War's secret kokoro wish is, like how Mikami wanted an equal to be friends with and the Pochita wanted a hug. A friend that it knows it'll never sacrifice for power?

Big fan of Star Wars and wants a remake of the original trilogy with modern visual effects to really sell the war parts.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alopex posted:

Big fan of Star Wars and wants a remake of the original trilogy with modern visual effects to really sell the war parts.

Makima's plan to kill War was entirely justified.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

sockpuppetclock posted:

lines too thin + cataract vision color design + voices dont match my imagination :byewhore:

I will say the muted grey and brown colour pallet they're going with is a shame but we knew that from the PV. I guess it's to add this sense of "realism" as much as one can pretend reality likes vibrancy which feels like a less inspired choice but I could not imagine them bring the manga cover art wildness so made my peace with that long ago. You need Masaaki Yuasa for that, sadly. Maybe Shinbo from SHAFT.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Now /that's/ some inspired VA casting!

https://twitter.com/osakidansen/status/1553362821576007680

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I used to be a Devil Hunter a long time ago.

And I'd get called out on Devil sightings all the time, hundreds probably over the years.

But there was this one guy, this one piece of poo poo, that I will never forget. Darkness, he looked like Elias Ainsworth, you remember him? Magus Bride? You don't remember? Anyway, big boy. 270, 280. But this astronaut, whatever she was, his lady...was real small. Like a bird. Wrists like little branches. Anyway, my partner and I got called out there every weekend, and one of us would pull her aside and say "come on, tonight’s the night we press charges." And this wasn’t one of those deep-down he-loves-me set-ups — we get a lot of those — but not this. This girl was scared. She wasn’t going to cross him, no way, no how. Nothing we could do but pass her off to the EMT’s, put him in a car and drive him downtown, throw him in the drunk tank. He sleeps it off, next morning out he goes. Back home.

But one night, my partner’s dead, and it’s just me. And the call comes in and it’s the usual crap. Broke her nose in the shower kind of thing. So I cuff him, put him in Power's car and away we go. Only that night, we’re driving into town, and this sideways rear end in a top hat is in my back seat humming "Danny Boy." And it just rubbed me wrong. So instead of left, I go right, out into nowhere. And I kneel him down, and I put knife in his mouth, and I told him, "This is it. This is how it ends." And he’s crying, going to the bathroom all over himself, swearing to God he’s going to leave her alone. Screaming … as much as you can with a knife in your mouth. And I told him to be quiet. Cause I needed to think about what I was going to do here. And of course he got quiet. Goes still. And real quiet. Like a dog waiting for dinner scraps. And we just stood there for a while, me acting like I’m thinking things over, and Prince Charming kneeling in the dirt with poo poo in his pants. And after a few minutes I took the knife out of his mouth, and I say, "So help me if you touch her again I will such-and-such and such-and-such and blah blah blah blah blah".

Just trying to do the right thing. But two weeks later he killed her. Of course. Sliced her in two with one of those weird frog things. We got there, there was so much blood you could taste the metal. The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure, when I should have gone all the way. I’ll never make that mistake again.

No more half measures, Denji.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Kobeni is my favorite subplot of the whole manga. she's clearly in over her head but keeps on trucking for her family. everyone has a devil contract in the group but she is never shown to use powers. I want her to survive the entire series in the most ridiculous way possible

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Made this against my own better judgement

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I think the chainsaw man trailer looks great

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Kobeni is my favorite subplot of the whole manga. she's clearly in over her head but keeps on trucking for her family. everyone has a devil contract in the group but she is never shown to use powers. I want her to survive the entire series in the most ridiculous way possible

I just want to see her fight serious again. She’s got serious skills when she’s motivated.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I am so curious to know what devil she was contracted with. I mean the explanation could be as simple as the writer couldn't think of one I guess, but it'd be neat if it ended up being a plot point later.

graham cracker posted:

Made this against my own better judgement

I laughed, it's sad, but I still laughed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

I just want to see her fight serious again. She’s got serious skills when she’s motivated.

I mean, yes, but she's also more than earned a happy, peaceful life where she never again has to wrestle with anything more dangerous than an overstuffed laundry basket.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, yes, but she's also more than earned a happy, peaceful life where she never again has to wrestle with anything more dangerous than an overstuffed laundry basket.

This is why she’s gonna suffer even more untold horrors, though

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The bit where kobeni seems to have finally escaped the narrative and was absent for several chapters only for denji to show up at family burger like the furious hand of god to destroy her life, personally, is the funniest gag in a series with several extremely good gags

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
each time she tripped and threw a burger in pochita's face was funnier than the last

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The bit where kobeni seems to have finally escaped the narrative and was absent for several chapters only for denji to show up at family burger like the furious hand of god to destroy her life, personally, is the funniest gag in a series with several extremely good gags

Starting with the full crew and cutting back to their dead bodies for their sections was absolutely brilliant. I'm sure Kobeni will be back because they explicitly laid out a mystery with her and her contract which seems to give her great physical ability with no real downside.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think it's possible to guess what the downside is

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Something I've been wondering is if Denji is even around in the world right now. We have a lot of talk of his celebrity but it would be an interesting twist if Denji just literally isn't around right now and is off with Kobeni in Hell looking for the Blood Devil. I feel like with each chapter readers are gonna keep asking "Where's Denji" and eventually the characters will have to wonder that too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

Starting with the full crew and cutting back to their dead bodies for their sections was absolutely brilliant. I'm sure Kobeni will be back because they explicitly laid out a mystery with her and her contract which seems to give her great physical ability with no real downside.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think it's possible to guess what the downside is

Yeah it's impossible to look at Kobeni's life and conclude that there's no downside to whatever deal she made.

We might not know the terms of whatever contract is keeping her alive in order to extend her suffering, but it's safe to assume it exists and is at least partially responsible for her misery.

Or maybe the deal was just she gets to live forever as long as her car is more popular than she is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean, the funnier answer would be that everything that happens to her is completely unrelated to her contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
or she's just not contracted at all

be honest, that would make her a perfect candidate for the freak-and-misfit division